BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Ron C
Ron C
Ohio
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
219 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,807 guests, and 537 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Brian Ellery, Jon Andrews, Berni Ernst, johnguppy, michael morgan
9955 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 189
koan58 100
Stuart 84
NickL 67
Popular Topics(Views)
437,348 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,274
Posts632,183
Members9,955
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#473686 - 01/22/13 3:31 pm Betor fork questions-doing a swap on my Triumph  
Pete Suchawreck Offline
BritBike Forum member
Pete Suchawreck  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Western NY
Anyone have experience setting up Betors on a OIF frame?
35mm forks need seals so far and of course a new steering stem. I'm looking for spring rates, damper mods, setup tips.
Thanks, Pete
http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad243/petekomarek/Betor_forks_zpscb2e6ac4.jpg[/img]

#484226 - 04/02/13 10:25 pm Re: Betor fork questions-doing a swap on my Triumph [Re: Pete Suchawreck]  
Pete Suchawreck Offline
BritBike Forum member
Pete Suchawreck  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Western NY
Farkin' bastiches!
Did find some info on dirt track sites...

#484232 - 04/02/13 11:02 pm Re: Betor fork questions-doing a swap on my Triumph [Re: Pete Suchawreck]  
Rickman Offline
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Ohio
Pete,
I deal in Rickman parts, to an extent, and I have some of those 35mm seals and dust boots.

Which triple tree set are you going to try to use?
What is it's stem diameter?
Are you going to try to use the original bearings and races, or are you open to suggestions?

And, since I am not into turnips, I guess I need to know the O.D. of the outer races...
Brett

#484351 - 04/04/13 1:43 am Re: Betor fork questions-doing a swap on my Triumph [Re: Pete Suchawreck]  
Alex Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alex  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Seattle
Those look like CanAm forks. Why not just use the eccentric needle bearings. They work great and you can de-rake your steering for more lively steering....or rake it out if you're into "croozin".

Speed&Sport can set you up with some new seals and if you want killer dampers and fun with springs, racetech is the way to go. As far as what setting you will need for your trumpet? ...Depends on what you want. Measure your current springs for rate and get stiffer springs for the betors if you want or softer if you want that. You can also cut springs down and space them out to make them stiffer and your OIF trumpy springs will also fit, giving you something else to play around with. The world is your oyster...

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
sixtyseventy Lightboltrocket road racer...and many more.
#484640 - 04/06/13 2:38 am Re: Betor fork questions-doing a swap on my Triumph [Re: Alex]  
Pete Suchawreck Offline
BritBike Forum member
Pete Suchawreck  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Western NY
Thanks guys,
I'm always open to suggestions!
I didn't get any cones with the forks. I was planning to use the alloy triples that came with the forks and press in a new stem, use the stock Triumph bearings but...

Rickman, shoot me a PM with your info please. I'll have to do some measuring on the OD's.

Alex, never measured my springs for rates but I'm betting they're stock Triumph. How do you do it? They could use some stiffening.

Last edited by Pete Suchawreck; 04/06/13 2:39 am.
#484830 - 04/07/13 5:21 pm Re: Betor fork questions-doing a swap on my Triumph [Re: Pete Suchawreck]  
Dana_twin Offline
BritBike Forum member
Dana_twin  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Oregon
Don't mean to hijack the thread, I'm building a rolling chassis CB32 (BSA Gold Star) into a sort of custom config and looking for interesting suggs on the front end? I don't want to use the original BSA GS stanchions and sliders and want to change the f/e to something a little more interesting. For example I was going to use a Matchless G15 front end but that's going to get used on a G15 believe it or not. I thought about using a Betor front end but like the idea of a 35mm Marzocchi better... any other interesting ideas? (besides Girder or extended)

#485026 - 04/08/13 11:54 pm Re: Betor fork questions-doing a swap on my Triumph [Re: Dana_twin]  
Pete Suchawreck Offline
BritBike Forum member
Pete Suchawreck  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Western NY
Marzokes are nicer but have you seen any? The Cerianis are very expensive!

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.286s Queries: 15 (0.006s) Memory: 0.8275 MB (Peak: 1.0006 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-21 17:06:31 UTC