Maybe some pictures after that Springfield mile? I always thought by now I'd have enough spare time hit things like that. Not yet. I rode my 66 today, first time in 3 or 4 years. Never anything wrong with it, but I started robbing parts off it. Felt good, runs strong. This is one I want to change back to ET now that I have some nice stuff stashed.
Speaking of west coast Hornets, do yal have the same issue as I do...can't get the oil drain plug/filter all the way out as it hits the frame tube after it is unscrewed about 3/4". Have to unbolt the oil tank at its rear, but can't kick the bottom outward to unscrew the plug until the smaller 5/16" oil line is removed which is up against the forward frame tube. Even with the hose removed, the hose spigot in the tank is in the way up against the frame tube. A real design nightmare.
I do not hide behind Emoticons 1967 BSA Wasp 1967 BSA Hornet (West Coast Model) 1967 BSA Hornet (East Coast Model) 1968 BSA Firebird Scrambler 1968 BSA Spitfire Mark IV 1970 BSA Victor Special
I am going to use the "S" 37 degree hole on my 3 hole rotor. My manual must be older because it only shows the 2 hole rotor, with the "S" being 34 degrees for the 500, and the "R" for the 650 being 37 degrees. The 3 hole rotors have the "R" at 41 degrees. Here is a picture. It is getting close, but is not show stock. I had a west coast Hornet in 1969, and I seem to remember that most of these were modified within a month of being sold. I went East Coast pipes for 2 reasons. 1. I like the look better, and 2. My side stand lug is missing. I went with the B44 Front fender, because I had one, and it fit nice. I still have to paint the side covers, so they are not on yet. The heat shields have been installed since the picture. I plan to use it on the street. I am putting VW tail pipes inside the exhaust system. Hopefully that will quiet it down a bit. The foot pegs are a little funky, still working on that.
Last edited by Roadwarrior; 05/17/173:18 pm.
73 Triumph T140 Main Ride 70 Bonnie 67 BSA West Coast Hornet Project