Some where in my mind .I can remember the old mechanics brushing turpintine on there wires when they got wet.and the car would start. if any young timers heard if this wouldnt it be a way to find out if 1 wire was bad or a coil ..or would you blow up you bike . then of course ther is the screwdriver trick run a screw driver along the wire or coil to ground to see if you can find a stray arc
I think CRC and WD40 and the like have pretty much supplanted turpentine. Very little danger from turps, relatively non volatile and requires a wick to burn unless atomised in air. Be really carefull with petroleum based aerosols near heaters of naked flame, can produce a similar effect to a Fuel/Air munition. There have been many cases of women being severely burned whilst using hairspray near a bathroom strip heater, I think they use propane as the propellant and the solvents that flash off are obviously pretty volatile.