BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Goostrey
Goostrey
San Antonio, TX
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
203 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,622 guests, and 587 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Doug Baril, revans, Gilly, XTINCT, Bruce Roberts
9960 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 184
koan58 99
Stuart 85
NickL 70
Popular Topics(Views)
439,657 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,299
Posts632,336
Members9,960
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#444325 - 07/12/12 1:25 pm Alloy Clipper Cross Country  
Alex Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alex  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Seattle
So I managed to get myself a pile of clipper-y parts:

Genuine clipper cases, alloy top end, standard B31 frame. I plan on building this as and AHRMA competition bike for cross country. This means tight woods, grass tracks, tough climbs and generally a good buttkicking for the bike and rider. The top priorities are: Reliability, weight and flexibility. In that order. I have never built a pre-unit single, so I'll be looking for some pointers, particularly from the Goldie folks about the motor (why I'm posting here). Here are some thoughts:

I want this bike to be an easy-starting reliable runner. When you're knee-deep in muck, exhausted and possibly injured, you don't want a high-twitch drama queen. To that end, I'm thinking mild cams, low compression. Now, this is not to say I want it to be a lame dog. I will still need to be able to get up steep, rocky climbs and there are often grass-track sections that I will probably need to make up some time on because I'm slow in the woods (trees scare me). Would the standard goldie trials spec be suitable? Maybe a little spicier? Standard B33 piston? Or is 7:1 just too low?

I have a set of lightened flywheels. They are about three lbs ligher than stock. Good idea? Bad?

Boy that frame is heavy. I plan on cutting the passenger loops and any other unnecessary lugs off the frame. Any other suggestions for lighening/strengthening the frame?

For suspension, I plan on finding another can-am/betor front end like I have on my C15MX bike. I'm very happy with that front end. Light, good damping and I can de-rake the forks without messing with anything else. Rear units I will probably just pop for another set of works shocks. Pricey but worth it IMHO.

The gearbox I have is a STD T box. I think that should work just fine. Other thoughts on gearing? I imagine trials or STD.2 ratio gears are pretty rare...

Any thoughts or advice are appreciated...I'm venturing into new territory here.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
sixtyseventy Lightboltrocket road racer...and many more.
BSA Gold Star eBay items

BSA Gold Star forum This board is dedicated to BSA Gold Star motorcycles.

#444348 - 07/12/12 3:38 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
JakeH Offline
BritBike Forum member
JakeH  Offline
BritBike Forum member

USA
Alex Awsome !! great find.. So you have a set of flywheels, What about a Rod? I would think you would want about 8.0:1 Comp for what you going to be doing.. But most of the hard starting is caused by Ignition.. Touring cams would be the best of both worlds.. A competition mag would be best, most water proof.. However i am not sure how long you will be on track.. Total Loss
with a electronic ignition MAY be an option.. Clutch will be a big deal.. I think Belt Drive is your best option. Pearson has a Suzuki clutch that is also very nice.. But if you dont have all the engine shock absorber parts i would go belt drive..
Going to use a light weight rear hub also?

Is there any carb limits?

Cant wait to see it!!!
Jake

#444367 - 07/12/12 5:56 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
Alex Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alex  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Seattle
I have several rods, Jake...one that's part of a complete stock B33 bottom end and one that is separate. I guess the thing about starting is: can you start it when it's hot and you're cokeyed on a hill where you can only get half a stab at the kicker? I know that's kind of subjective, but I've been there with a bike that starts easily (low comp B25) and with one that doesn't (C15 MXer). I know which I prefer in that situation. I think you're right about a lot of it being ignition and carburetion. If I could figure out how to use a PVL, I'd be happy...maybe an SR mag or a Fairbanks-morse? I've found rotating magnet mags to be much more rugged. No way am I using a battery...particularly on an hour+ long ride in the woods.

So yes, I've been looking at the pearson setup...I think I might try that. A newby belt would be nice, but cost and limitation it puts on primary ratios that are available make it better suited for the street than the dirt. I have a large pile of engine shock absorbers.

I plan on using a QD hub with a C15 brake drum just like my MX ceefer...it at least keeps a few more BSA parts on the thing and saves a lot of weight.

There are no rules on carbs...but I do have a 1-1/16" Monobloc that I already have sleeved. Maybe not the best for top end, but I don't think this thing will see high rpms. Maybe a 932 Concentric...I have a few of those, too.

Another question: How tight of a fit should the barrel sleeve be? Mine is a loose slip fit...doesn't seem right and I can't find any info or specs.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
#444375 - 07/12/12 6:31 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
JakeH Offline
BritBike Forum member
JakeH  Offline
BritBike Forum member

USA
Alex, Sounds like you have the Crank Covered.. Just make sure, to use a new bearing, As you have seen how bad they can blow up.. I think that you would be ok with around 8:1 Comp, i would be ok if it came up a little less.. but close.. With a good mag and carb set up right a GS is usually a one Kick bike.. Really!
In fact i kick my C15 and B50 lots more then any of the GSs..
It would be cool to use a PVL i just cant think how you would mount it.. I would for sure try though!!!That would be a slick set up. The Pearson Clutch is the way to go.. I have tried the triumph unit, and its better then a BSA 6 spring, But for the woods the pearson will be sweet!!!
I really like the Monobloc but that seems quite small.. I think
a 930 or 932 would be better..

The Sleeve should be a super tight fit in the cyl... No way you should be able to move it buy hand... Its possible someone has borred it for an oversize sleeve??? If we need to do some checking i will be glad to.. Rob Can fix the Cly, He has done
several that were trashed.. Rebore it and put a new oversize sleeve in, then rebore the whole thing..

Very cool project you have !!!

I am excited!

#444392 - 07/12/12 7:36 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: JakeH]  
Don P. Offline
BritBike Forum member
Don P.  Offline
BritBike Forum member

san jose,ca.
Hi Alex,I have a few parts available that may be of
interest for your project.I will send you a PM

#444400 - 07/12/12 8:51 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
Alex Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alex  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Seattle
Cool, thanks don.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
#444429 - 07/13/12 1:08 am Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
dodgeboy57 Offline
BritBike Forum member
dodgeboy57  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Michigan
Alex, I've got three of those beasts; a Scrambler, a Trials version ("TRI T" box) and a road going 'ISDT' version.

Any and ALL will take you trough the tight woods faster than you want to go, trust me.

The BSA 6 spring clutch will work just fine if set-up well. All of mine run 'Wader' Mags (The ISDT with a 'Wader' Dyno!!).

I will have to look for my notebook on which cams were used in which, because you can mix and match to get the performance you want.

Concentrics are my Carb of choice with these bikes. 600 or 900 series work well. A 928 or 930 with a bit of port cleanup will do the trick.

I've got Ceranis on the Scrambler, Stock BSAs on the ISDT and Triumph on the Trialer. The Scrambler has Tapered bearings while the other two are stock (at the moment). I can provide you with info on how I made the 'stems' since BSA/Cerianis are hard to find/expensive. If you can do lathe work, it's a snap!

You need to find a proper "Clipper" Oil tank. Your's looks a bit too 'Goldie' ish.

Any idea what a Rickman 441/500 conversion head (no jug) is worth? (Man! How I hate to even think of parting with goodies I've had for ever, but I know a fella that needs one w/o broken fins and mine fits the bill)

45 M20
56 Ariel HS
56 Ariel HT5
(3x)57 B34 "Alloy Clipper" (Tri-Scr-ISDT)
58 A7 Bitza
61 Greeves Hawkstone
63 A10 GSS
63 Greeves MDS
65 Otter B40WD Trls
65 M&M B44(Miller frame/Dick Mann eng)
67 Greeves MX5 ChallengerTT
71 B50/570cc MX
#444437 - 07/13/12 2:46 am Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
D.Bachtel Online content
BritBike Forum member
D.Bachtel  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

SLO County, CA
Nice find there Alex!

Low compresion, heavy flywheel, small carb and an extended inlet track (manifold) is how I would set one up.

Easy of starting, plenty of torque and inertia, smooth delivery, and easy tractability without any peakiness.

But that's just what I'd like in a Clipper...

Don in Nipomo

#444439 - 07/13/12 2:54 am Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: dodgeboy57]  
D.Bachtel Online content
BritBike Forum member
D.Bachtel  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

SLO County, CA
Originally Posted By: dodgeboy57
You need to find a proper "Clipper" Oil tank. Your's looks a bit too 'Goldie' ish.

I see that now that you mention it, it's dished out for the remote bowl, or is it the airfilter.
It needs a flat front to be "correct" even though that tank should work.
I'd be looking for an alloy fuel tank.

Don in Nipomo

#444473 - 07/13/12 8:30 am Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
Per B Offline
BritBike Forum member
Per B  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Oslo Norway
Thatís a nice find Alex, I am doing a similar project based on a CB34 Scrambler.
I will use the bike for what we call classic Enduro events her in Europe, This is similar to what you describe, but maybe more like the ISDT type events. We are doing timed special stages in the forests, in the open fields or on moto cross tracks, and road transports between. Total distance covered over the day is maybe up to 100 miles. The bikes need to have working lights and have licence plates.

My plan is as follows.
Engine;
I was fortunate as the engine already has a Jawa speedway crank with 87 mm stroke, this will give me around 8,4 compression with a standard 9 to 1 goldi piston, (standard cylinder lenght) unfortunately it had a alloy conrod and worn big end, meaning I will now replace with a steel rod and new big end.

Just for your information, You probably know this but BSA used a lot of different rod lengths trough the years, meaning you cant mix and match whatever you want. I tried to compile a list of different rod lengths used here:

imperial/ metric
B33 long 7,375/ 187,33
B33 short 6,875/ 174,63
M20 8,25/ 209,55
M21 8,25/ 209,55
M23 7,375/ 187,33
ZB34GS 7,375/ 187,33
BB34GS 7,375/ 187,33
BB32GS 6,875/ 174,63
CB/DB/DBD 6,46875/ 164,31

The B33 crank you have might work if its the long rod version, but for serious racing i would consider a Pearson or similar crank.

I will try out a goldi scrambles camshaft combination to start with, but that said BSA used the Touring combination in their ISDT bikes.

My bike came with a DBD clubmans head with large valves and porting (road racing heritage), It came with a 1 5/32 Monoblock, but I will probably fit a 34mm Dellorto PHBE (i like the challenge, but this might be to stretch the rules a bit).
For ignition I will run a BTH modern self-generating electronic magdyno http://bt-h.biz/mag-dyno.htm and a Lucas dynamo with an electronic regulator, but no battery for lights.

Transmission:
The gearbox is a SCT which I think will suit this bike well, nice spread between the tree low first gears to be used in the terrain and big gap to 4 which is for the transport on road. When I got the bike it was set up with a ridiculous low overall gearing of 7,88, (16/42-16/48) I will try around 7 (18/42-16/48) for the first events, but if the transports are long I will probably go for like 20 at the engine.

The bike is set up with Norton three spring clutch (main shaft from a plunger A10 box), its ok but I would rather prefer to go for a Triumph version. I consider that as better clutch, the BSA six springs is just shit.
Chassi:
I will be running late A65 front end (the rules prevents me from anything like Ceriani or Betor) and ōhlines shocks at the rear.
Wheels are 21" front on the small 7" BSA hub and rear is 19" on standard BSA crinkle hub, but with alfinn drum with bolted sprocket. Both wheels on steel rims. I might change to the 8" front break because the 7" is lethal on the road.

The petrol tank I have is a very small alloy tank, similar to the B50MX (could well be a B50 MX tank), this might be a little too small so might go for the the two gallon Catalina tank instead, I also have the standard European tank but that will look strange on this bike).

I was planning to run some races this autumn, but the engine rebuild will take more time than expected and therefore I will put in a tuned B33 engine for at least one event to test the chassis setup.

best regards

Per
Goldi Clubmans
Goldi Scrambler
Rob North R3
OIF A65
#444506 - 07/13/12 1:17 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
Alex Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alex  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Seattle
Thanks for all the info and feedback guys. It is much appreciated.

I'm trying not to get in too much of a hurry on this because I have lots of other projects...but I just can't help myself. grin

I realize the oil tank is not correct, but neither will be the frame suspension, carburettor, seat, etc...it's fiberglass, looks right-ish and weighs practiacally nothing. I like that.

I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a ratty lyta tank, but until then, I haven't made up whether to run the steel tank or a victor tank. The benefits/penalties are obvious, but this is a low priority and I have both.

As far as the gearing goes: the problem I've run into with my B25 is that it's geared well for first to do steep climbs and crawl through the woods without killing my clutch hand but I have to rev the pizz out of it in fourth on grass tracks and fire trails. This makes me think a trials box would be the best choice for this application. I mean, if the B25 runs out of revs, this baby's gonna be in trouble!

On ignition, I picked at some stuff last night and I think it's between running an F-B J-type mag in the original position or a PVL off the crank. The F-B mag would be a little more period correct while eliminating pesky slip rings and brushes that don't like wet...and they're fairly cheap and easy to adapt. The PVL I like because all my competition bikes have them and they have been 100% dead-ass reliable. I like that. I even discovered that the B33 crank I have is a late alternator crank that would take the PVL rotor nicely...and there seems to be plenty of room in the stock primary cover for the PVL. It would, however, eliminate the cush drive, but maybe that isn't even necessary for the dirt or maybe I can have a cush in the clutch.

The clutch: For shitz and giggles, I got me a complete GS550 clutch Š la Pearson off eBay. I will see how hard it will be to make one of those fit. Maybe I can even use the cush drive from it?

As far as the Rickman/Westlake kit, dodgeboy, last one I saw slipped through my fingers at British in the Blue Ridge two years ago. Just the head went for $120. They're somewhat exotic, but not "Goldie" exotic.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
#444517 - 07/13/12 4:10 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
dave - NV Offline
BritBike Forum member
dave - NV  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Elko, Nevada USA
Alex .. You are going to have some fun! I have a few 'excess' items you may be interested in.

I'll trade you a 'flat front' Clipper oil tank for your GS tank.

I have both TRI and ASC wide ratio gearsets excess, or complete 'bushing' trannys for that matter, I'll sell or trade for your STD T tranny.

I'll sell a complete DBD crank/rod assembly, a DBD rod/pin/bearings, also a selection of good usable main bearings.

I have a set of Betor forks and trees I may be talked out of.

I need a pair of the 'short' early A65 rod dampened fork tubes. Do you have any extras or ideas for source?

You may want to consider a new electronic magneto as the BTH:
http://www.bt-h.biz/platform_single_magneto.htm

Last edited by dave - NV; 07/13/12 4:44 pm.

dave - NV
#444570 - 07/14/12 12:38 am Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
dodgeboy57 Offline
BritBike Forum member
dodgeboy57  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Michigan
Alex, Just say NO to the 'Victim' tank. If you follow the AHRMA scrambles/Trials guys around you should be able to get a pranged Alloy Goldie tank.

As the owner of a Trials gearbox, I'd shy away from that for any XC work. 1,2 and 3 are close and there's a BIG jump to 4th. A STD box seems ideal. I've got one on an A7 'Woods' bike. The SCT box was a bit too tight.

I run a 16 tooth engine sprocket on the Trials bike and it will go through the woods pretty well. It's a bit short legged for fire roads.

Don't be shy about running a 428 chain instead of the 520. Your gearing choices will increase.

I run a 926 on the Trialer also. It turns into a steam engine once the spark is retarded. Haven't lost a slow race yet! That carb works well @ WOT too.

Too bad AHRMA won't let you run a Lectron. They built a rather special carb for my 570 B50. 42mm front coupled w/ a 36mm back. That carb/engine combo (enduro bike) will pull the wheel up and spin the back tire @ the same time from a 25 mph roll!

'57 Alloy Clipper - soon to be in ISDT trim

'57 Alloy Clipper - Scrambler

BITZA BSA - A7 engine, B33 frame, STD gearbox, twin carb head.
This thing will go through the woods faster than my old reflexes will allow!

45 M20
56 Ariel HS
56 Ariel HT5
58 A7 Bitza
61 Greeves Hawkstone
63 A10 GSS
63 Greeves MDS
65 Otter B40WD Trls
71 B50/570cc MX
#444571 - 07/14/12 12:43 am Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
dodgeboy57 Offline
BritBike Forum member
dodgeboy57  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Michigan
PS - While a B25 is a wimp, you can't compare one to a FULL 500cc single! Guys that ride 350 single thumpers know when they throw a leg over a 500. 500 just pull and pull and pull...

45 M20
56 Ariel HS
56 Ariel HT5
58 A7 Bitza
61 Greeves Hawkstone
63 A10 GSS
63 Greeves MDS
65 Otter B40WD Trls
71 B50/570cc MX
#445116 - 07/17/12 8:30 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: ]  
Alex Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alex  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Seattle
Originally Posted By: overandout
Don't cut anything off the frame, it's sacrilege! You won't save any weight worth worrying about.

I never was much for religion... grin

But seriously, in order to accommodate the central oil tank, I have to do some cutting, and well, the passenger peg loops are just not supposed to be there, even on a "fake" clipper. I don't see standard B31 frames in non-pristine condition ever being so rare and precious that just one cannot be sacrificed to the gods of speed (maybe I am religious after all?).

And dodgeboy, if I ever see anyone on the east coast running a pre-unit single in trials or CC, I will definitely ask them for a tank...but until then, I'm going to have to slum it.

Interesting what you say about the gearing. Since I already have an STD box, maybe I should try it first... I realize that mentioning a lowly unit single in the same refrain as the mighty pre-units may be a bit demeaning, but my point is about the spread in gearing. Yes, a 500, properly tuned should be able to pull away from lower revs, but it will also run out of revs sooner, and it weighs a LOT more. What I don't want to be doing is pulling the clutch in every time I have to thread between two trees. THAT will cause undue wear and tear...and not just on me blush , but maybe the bike, too. This is what leads me to think that a bigger spread is better. But maybe I'm wrong....

I would like to run 428 chain, that way I can share sprockets with my C15, but will I have to make the engine sprockets? Or are 428 chain pre-unit sprocket available?

BTW. Your bikes look great.

Again, thanks for all the advice and feedback...good stuff.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
#445119 - 07/17/12 9:25 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
Gordo in Comox Offline
BritBike Forum member
Gordo in Comox  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Comox BC Canada
Alex: The central oil tank platform is added onto the standard frame as per the photos below. There is nothing to remove to add the platform.

The tank should fit inside of the brackets used to bolt in the battery platform. Not shown is the metal strap that goes over the top of the tank. I will add that photo later.

Gordo

Without frequent roadside repairs there is no fun in riding!
#445223 - 07/18/12 1:07 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
Alex Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alex  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Seattle
Cool, thanks Gordo. I saw that in an earlier post of yours...I thought there was something sticking up because the tank sits in there kind of funny without the platform.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
#445261 - 07/18/12 4:09 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
Gordo in Comox Offline
BritBike Forum member
Gordo in Comox  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Comox BC Canada
Alex: This is a strap for an All Sport frame, it uses two threaded ends where as some earlier versions had one threaded end and a pin through a hinge on the other side. This one has cork glued on the inside.

This is a top view showing how it is tacked in. All the battery tray brackets are still in place.

The tank fits in quite tight.

Gordo

Without frequent roadside repairs there is no fun in riding!
#445325 - 07/18/12 11:03 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
Alex Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alex  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Seattle
Cool, thanks Gordo! Always ready with the pictures. Thank, man. bigt

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
#445331 - 07/19/12 12:33 am Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
dodgeboy57 Offline
BritBike Forum member
dodgeboy57  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Michigan
Alex, if Gordo is the same fella I hope he is, and has drawings of a Goldie Scrambles Air box (I wish I could remember my old account info!!) and will provide them once again, I might even get around to making two. I always thought would be the 'ticket' for any BSA pre-unit single.

45 M20
56 Ariel HS
56 Ariel HT5
58 A7 Bitza
61 Greeves Hawkstone
63 A10 GSS
63 Greeves MDS
65 Otter B40WD Trls
71 B50/570cc MX
#445382 - 07/19/12 5:04 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: dodgeboy57]  
Don P. Offline
BritBike Forum member
Don P.  Offline
BritBike Forum member

san jose,ca.
Hi Alex,I left you a couple of PM's in your box over the last week.Got no response.Please check.
Don

#454218 - 09/13/12 4:32 pm Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Alex]  
Monty777 Offline
BritBike Forum member
Monty777  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Cambridge UK
Dodgeboy, I like your Clippers-gives me some idea's for the one I just picked up-here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/100394823699584069290/20120912?authkey=Gv1sRgCKn5mdr4u_eTlQE#
The guy I got her from is a BSA GoldStar Scrambler expert-and he remakes both the standard Goldie scrambler type airfilter, and one which fits into the road oiltank space and has an outside area for race numbers-I have one of those in my lockup-will try to get a picture of it loaded tomorrow. He also makes central alloy oil tanks.

John

Growing Old-DISGRACEFULLY!
#459622 - 10/20/12 11:36 am Re: Alloy Clipper Cross Country [Re: Don P.]  
Alex Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alex  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Seattle
Don,

It's been a while since I looked at this thread. Sorry I missed your PM's. Don't know what happened to them. Things have been kind of crazy. Motorcycle stuff has been kind of on hold since I found out I'm moving out to california. Most of the clipper is boxed up right now waiting for the movers. I'll pick this up again once I get settled out your way. Meanwhile, I was at the Barber museum last week and snapped a couple of pics of a clipper there:

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special

Moderated by  Rich B 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.542s Queries: 15 (0.005s) Memory: 0.9823 MB (Peak: 1.3342 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-24 11:13:16 UTC