BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Kommandokenny
Kommandokenny
McKellar,Ontario
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
206 registered members (2ndchildhood), 1,542 guests, and 562 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Gerard, Regi, Doug Baril, revans, Gilly
9962 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 186
koan58 101
Stuart 85
NickL 69
Popular Topics(Views)
440,493 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,306
Posts632,076
Members9,962
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31
#653871 - 05/23/16 8:38 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read ***** [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
David in Atlanta  Offline
BritBike Forum member

GA
I was going to write something about Anna's birthday, but her sisters Olivia and Ella beat me to it:

"Today is Anna's 20th birthday. Normally on a birthday, you give gifts to the person who's having their birthday. But Anna's birthday is different, she gives us gifts. Her gifts aren't the kind you'd expect, and they can't be bought in a store. They aren't gifts like nail polish, an Iphone, or anything like that. They're better. They are things that matter and that last.

She gifts us with more things than can be named, but some are things like the knowledge that you can beat anything that you put your mind to. During rehab, she wasn't expected to walk. But every day she let us keep pushing her to do more and more, and she is now walking like a hero.

She gave us that by fighting so hard and how she keeps on fighting every day. Anna has tons of challenges she faces daily, yet she gives us her beautiful smile that she keeps beaming through everything she faces.

Before she went into surgery for the first time, we were so scared and worried about her. That was definitely one of the worst times in our lives. As she was talking to us before her surgery, she was smiling. It was that smile that calmed us and let us know she was going to make it out of this alive.

Another thing she has gifted us with is herself. We have gotten to take care of her and watch her as she takes steps in her recovery each day. We get to love on her and take care of her. Anna has taught us so much and has gifted us with so many things.

We admire her so greatly and hope that one day we're near as giving as she is. We're so honored to be her sister and friend. We are so very proud of her. She has fought for 3 1/2 long years, and she's still fighting. We love you Anna.

Thank you for always thinking of others, for all the gifts that you have given and thank you for being you.

You're the greatest gift. You're our inspiration.

Happy birthday sissy."

God Bless Anna Mott

Last edited by David in Atlanta; 05/23/16 8:40 am.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

http://tinyurl.com/beautiful-Anna

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#654497 - 05/27/16 9:54 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Last Sunday, my family and I had lunch with Anna, where Anna gets her birthday card with a check.

Officially, $3,600 was raised for Miss Anna’s 20th birthday.

She actually got more, as some of the good folks at ADV Rider sent birthday cards with checks.

Along with her check, Anna also got a piece of art.

Earlier this year, I contacted a college classmate (David Terry http://www.davidterryart.com/ )to inquire about drawing a picture of Anna for her birthday.

I told him about Anna, and asked how much a drawing would be.

He asked for a few pictures.

I sent them to him, plus some of Melissa’s stories.

The idea was, he would quote me a price, and I would see if I could scramble up enough funds to pay for it.

He wrote me back, and told me he would do the drawing no charge.

Here is the picture I sent him:

Here is what David drew:

Notice that the hospital bracelets have been removed in the drawing.

I got a bit down giving Anna this gift, as she is blind...

Melissa was overcome by the drawing.

Melissa’s note to David Terry:

That moment was almost holy. I remember it distinctly and I can still feel every emotion I had then, as I held my Anna. I can see it also in your work. I cannot thank you enough. What you have given us is beautiful and priceless. May God bless you richly as you have certainly blessed us.

In the next two weeks, Anna will go back into the hospital for a 24 hour EKG. The doctors are trying to determine what is causing her seizures. To combat the seizures, she now takes even more medicine, a side effect being anxiety attacks.

Anna's seizures and anxiety have really put a crimp on what few activities Anna enjoys - dancing and horseback riding. Sadly, Anna for now mostly just stays at home...

I will keep you posted.

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#655811 - 06/07/16 9:02 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Stopped by the Atlanta Ride for Kids on the way back from the British in the Blue Ridge Rally this past Sunday.

http://www.curethekids.org/events/ride-for-kids/#.V1WpmdQrLGg

Arrived in time to see Anna before she went on her ride.

Anna and sister Ella rode in a covered sidecar. Anna LOVED the ride.

I will get with Blue Moon Cycle and see if we can get Anna in a vintage sidecar later this year.

http://www.bluemooncycle.com/about_history.html

A few pictures:

Ella and Anna:

Anna and old Britbike dude:

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#657223 - 06/17/16 9:18 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
This past Saturday, my daughter Emma and I walked with Anna at the Amanda Riley Foundation Miles for Smiles fundraiser.

Video from last year. Anna appears at 3:35.

Anna’s strength is down a bit from last year due to her recent seizure episodes.

We weren’t 100% sure she could make the whole mile, but she did.

Here are a few pictures:

Steve, Anna, and Emma:

Almost there!

At the finish line!

Getting her ribbon:

Girl Talk:

Ride with dad to the ceremony:

Relaxing in the shade after the race:

It was a great day, and it was great to spend some time with Miss Anna.

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#657664 - 06/20/16 2:51 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
Mike Muir Offline
Life member
Mike Muir  Offline

Life member

somewhere in the UK
Got no purple shirt, but here is a purple boat. Obviously a work in progress, no sign writing, name or pin-striping.

Attached Files PTDC0001.JPG

Mike, home is where we moor it.
#660323 - 07/12/16 12:09 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Not much to report on Miss Anna.

Her seizures have curtailed her summer activities, so she is constantly with Melissa.

Melissa recently caught this on tape. It is Anna dancing to her role as the Dewdrop Fairy.

Here is Anna in that roll from 2012:

God Bless Anna Mott

Last edited by David in Atlanta; 07/12/16 12:10 pm.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#661024 - 07/17/16 2:10 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
wadeschields Offline
BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Offline
BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
Its wonderful to see her smiling ......

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
#661812 - 07/25/16 8:08 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Today Anna is having her 24 hour EKG at home.

Hopefully, the EKG will help pinpoint why Anna has been having seizures this year.

Here are a few pictures:

Just leaving the hospital

She is all wired up. The EKG recorder is in the bag.

A visit from Sammi. Sammi brought her the pillow. Notice how it has raised letters, so Anna can feel them. Anna and Sammi have known each other since they were kids:

In happier times:

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#663350 - 08/08/16 8:50 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
Ob1quixote Online content
BritBike Forum member
Ob1quixote  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Charleston SC
Any word on the test results?

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
#663386 - 08/09/16 7:12 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Ob1quixote]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Originally Posted By Ob1quixote
Any word on the test results?

Takes about 4 weeks to hear back, so results in 3 weeks.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#664110 - 08/16/16 10:01 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
This past weekend, Anna had a photo shoot in Atlanta's historic Oakland Cemetery.

From the photographer:

Life can be kind of funny sometimes....the ones who thank you the most for your time are the actually the ones you should be thanking for theirs....a moment to be less about ourselves and more about others....we may not walk in their shoes but they make you stop in yours and appreciate things just a tad bit more....this young lady has and always will hold special place in my heart....she is simply amazing....

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#664166 - 08/16/16 8:02 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Charleston SC
And now for something completely different...

Is that an image of Oliver Hardy in the stone base to the left of Miss Anna?

She is looking good!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
#665170 - 08/25/16 7:57 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA

More pictures from the photoshoot:

Sister Ella is now 13 -

From the photographer:

"Cannot tell you how wonderful it is to know this family and be a part of their lives....I mean they make my worse days seem like a walk in the park...not so much of what is thrown their way but more of how they handle things with such grace and strength...their mom is so humble and never likes to take any credit...well she needs to....these 2 lovely ladies and their 3 siblings are a testament to her and their dad. Bravo to them both for raising stellar kids and Anna Mott you are truly a breath of fresh air and I am so lucky to be a part of watching you take on the world and beat every odd there is to beat."

My sentiments exactly

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#665582 - 08/29/16 7:47 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Four years ago today, Miss Anna Mott was rushed to Scottish Rite Children's where she was diagnosed to have a pineoblastoma, a rare brain cancer.

We are lucky Anna is still here. She has made great strides, but she has been robbed of so many things - her sight, her personality, her long long hair...

2016 has not been a very good year for Anna. Her seizure episodes and medications have made her very anxious and insecure.

She has not danced, nor ridden horses.

Perhaps like you, I grieve for Anna at times, but I can go about my business.

For the Mott family, it never ends.

There is no break.

There is no rest.

It is brutally unfair.

Thank you all for reading about Anna these past four years.

Thank you for helping Anna.

God Bless Anna Mott

Last edited by David in Atlanta; 08/29/16 8:44 am.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#666953 - 09/08/16 6:25 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
As you are probably aware, Anna had radiation and chemotherapy as part of her battle.

Here is something Melissa wrote about the masks one wears when having radiation treatment for brain cancer:

I realized tonight that out of all the photos I have shared, I don't think I ever shared this one. It really was so painful to think about....this room, these horrific masks....that I haven't really ever shared a lot about that part of our experience.

One of the masks on this wall belonged to my Anna Mott. She had to go every weekday by ambulance from Scottish to Winship, 33 times in a row, to have full spine and brain radiation to kill that monster in her head, at the same time receiving chemo and being inpatient at rehab.

A mask was custom molded to my baby's head and chest. Every day it was strapped to a table to hold her completely still, so that life saving, yet brain destroying beams could be shot into her head and spine. I will never forget the exact moment I had to sign my name on that form to allow this. I swear time stood still. It was just like when Alice asked, "How long is forever?" And the White Rabbit replied, "Sometimes, just one second."

God Bless Anna Mott

Last edited by David in Atlanta; 09/08/16 7:15 pm.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#669861 - 10/03/16 9:56 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
This past weekend was Anna’s annual lemonade sale to raise funds for pediatric cancer.

Close to a 1000 dollars was raised for the Amanda Riley Foundation. That's a lot of lemonade!

It was really nice to see Anna again, we have not seen her since May!

She seemed to be doing well. She has lost some weight - she recently has not been eating enough.

Here are some pictures:

Anna and Barbara Riley. Barbara does great things with the Amanda Riley Foundation. Check it out at http://www.amandarileyfoundation.org/

Anna and my daughter Emma:

Anna and her friend Ali:

Anna and Lauren:

Anna’s old ballet dancemates Emma, Ali, and Jordan. They are all now juniors in college. Anna should be in college too…

Back in the day

Anna and Emma

Anna and Ali

Anna and Lauren

Anna and Jordan

Pool party with Anna, Lauren, and Ali

Life is so fragile - things can change in an instant...

God Bless Anna Mott

Last edited by David in Atlanta; 10/03/16 10:43 am.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#671650 - 10/20/16 9:08 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Jim from Pasco was kind enough to have some RetroRiders t shirts printed up for the Mott family.

Here are Anna and her sisters.

Back in the day, spring 2012. Anna was stricken ill later that August…

Jim has supported Anna ever since she was diagnosed in 2012 (he sent her a purple dinosaur when she was in the hospital). Guys like Jim make me proud to be associated with Britbike.

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#672048 - 10/23/16 7:31 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Charleston SC
Miss Ella was just a tyke when I visited...

Man, I need to get by there sometime, have a visit.

#674102 - 11/11/16 12:11 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
This past Saturday was “Starry Night”, an event staged to raise money for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Over $121,000 was raised by the Atlanta chapter.

Team Anna Banana raised over $1000.

Here are some pictures:

Team Anna Banana:

Anna and my daughter Emma:

Star Wars:

Anna with Atlanta radio celebrity Kristin Klingshirn of the Bert Show. The Bert Show facilitated Anna meeting Taylor Swift a few years ago.

Anna and Marianna (Anna’s biggest fan):

Anna and her grandmother on the walk:

On the walk:

Anna was very anxious, she only did about a quarter mile of the one mile walk.

It was a good day in a bittersweet way. There were lots of sick kids there that day; some of whom were there only in spirit.

God Bless Anna Mott

Last edited by David in Atlanta; 11/11/16 12:11 pm.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#675884 - 11/29/16 9:28 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Good Morning All

It is time once again to consider helping Anna and her family for Christmas.

Since 2012 (the year Anna was stricken ill), Britbike, ADV Riders, and the Atlanta ballet community have raised over 37,000 dollars for this exceptional young woman.

Our goal is $5,000.

Right now, we have $675 in the bank.

To send you donation by check, make out to me . Please write Anna Mott in the memo field.

My mailing address is:

David Duke
378 North Peachtree Street
Norcross GA 30071

To send you donation by Paypal, my email address is sdduke@bellsouth.net. Indicate the money is a gift and mention Anna in the comments/remarks field.

Lastly, Melissa is planning to send Christmas Cards to Anna’s benefactors this year.

Can you please message me your mailing address? I will forward to Melissa.

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#676631 - 12/05/16 7:38 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
So far, almost $1800 has been raised for Anna's Christmas

Donor List as of December 5:

Anonymous in UK beerchug

Anonymous in UK has helped Anna since the beginning, and it is appreciated!

Please consider helping Anna out. Ten and twenty dollar donations add up!

Here is a recent clip of Anna and her little brother Isaac. Anna was having a good day mentally when this was shot:

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#677636 - 12/13/16 6:33 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Donor List as of December 13:

Anonymous in UK
A Nony Mouse
Anonymous in GA
Bob in NW PA
David in Atlanta
Gordon Gray

Total is now $3020.

Anna just sent out 59 Christmas cards.

Here she is practicing:

If you want one, message me your address!

God Bless Anna Mott

Last edited by David in Atlanta; 12/14/16 9:22 am.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#677687 - 12/14/16 6:58 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
DavidP Offline
BritBike Forum member
DavidP  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Gnashville
Here's my purple BSA.

Stepping on others doesn't make you stand tall.

71 A65L "Zelda"
92 BMW K100rs "Gustav"
#678277 - 12/19/16 8:38 am Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
Donor List as of December 13:

Anonymous in UK
A Nony Mouse
Anonymous in GA
Bob in NW PA
David in Atlanta
Gordon Gray
Htown16 (Thank you!)
Jim in Pasco
Ob1Quixote

Total is now $ 3500. With one week left, we are $1500 away from our goal.

Since last week, there has been 5,000 views on this thread. Out of those 5,000, three (3) good souls sent Anna a donation. Please consider sending something for Anna's Christmas. Any and I mean any amount is appreciated.

It all adds up!

To send you donation by check, make out to me . Please write Anna Mott in the memo field.

My mailing address is:

David Duke
378 North Peachtree Street
Norcross GA 30071

To send you donation by Paypal, my email address is sdduke@bellsouth.net. Indicate the money is a gift and mention Anna in the comments/remarks field.

Anna this weekend with Santa:

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

#679354 - 12/30/16 7:46 pm Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta]  
David in Atlanta Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

GA
As of Dec 30, total is $3,850.

I had hoped we could reach $5,000, but it looks like that is not in the cards this year.

I am $150 short of $4,000.

A few $20 or $50 donations and we can make $4,000.

Miss Lisa and I are hopefully meeting with the Motts next week to present our gift.

Help us make it to $4,000!

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5

Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.362s Queries: 16 (0.084s) Memory: 1.0354 MB (Peak: 1.4264 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-25 07:48:51 UTC