BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor
Shout Box

Featured Member
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Who's Online
95 registered (goodtry, Rich B, Tridentman, kommando, Steve Erickson, htown, Peter R, ricochetrider, thirdtriumph, arosdahl, Dave T, leon bee, Gordo in Comox, Jerry Roy, unclerob, goldstarfreddie, tiumphdave, paulberry, DBDBrian, eelmgren, wadeschields, L.A.B., Adam M., royaloilfield, trumpettwin, robcurrie, 73ChargerSE, Alan_nc, Hillbilly bike, jamie weeks, Tony Schofield, shel, 86X86, blueboat, mike07, limeyrider, beezageezauk, Irish Swede, chew652, Gary E, quinten, Magnetoman, Boomer, Beach, paul67, Pete R, jfligg, J in KC, mac, Lannis, Blown Income, Rusty Goose, Hambone, LarryLebel, craig, Ger, ATEN, KennethC., desco, Banzaibob, Kev., No Name Man, Stuart, franko, BMW Biker, craigw, bill50cal, RPM, David Cass1, Mike P, Allan, brettsyoung, gavin eisler, Morgan, johnhannah, Jeff K., John Bakker, KC in S.B., mblab, peter paul, Bill Bassett, Rickman, Vetterdog, John Healy, 68 royalstar tony, GrandPaul, Pete Suchawreck, Richrd, Jersey Kev, aprophet, Don Leaming, tomoil, Allan Gill, holdfastgreg, conhawks), 543 Guests and 151 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SamStoney, rick harrett, Vitor, peter selby, stan reynolds
8058 Registered Users
Forum Stats
8058 Members
33 Forums
53467 Topics
496317 Posts

Max Online: 1804 @ 03/01/11 6:54 pm
Top Posters
RF Whatley 10029
John Healy 8679
Lannis 8351
Alex 7574
ricochetrider 7378
JubeePrince 6115
Stuart 6080
kommando 5803
Jon W. Whitley 5012
Kent Shaun 4735
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#420248 - 02/22/12 11:47 pm vincent carbs buyer
Wilfred Offline
BritBike Forum member

Loc: Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
First, a short story. Quite a few years ago, I met a chap who had great interest in Vincents. I had recently purchased a pair of Vincent carbs in a weak moment thinking that one of them would be a good replacement for Gordo's worn carb on the 53 Speed Twin. Soon realizing that the mounts were not the same I decided to sell them and that's where this Vincent enthusiast, PETER LeCOUT came into the picture. He left me with some bits and a couple of phone numbers and said he would be back to complete the deal. He apparently went to Quebec to teach welding. After quite a while I tried to find him, the phone numbers got me nowhere and I gave up and put the carbs in a box. Now that I need to finish a couple of projects before somebody tells me that I'm too old to ride I'd like to get this carb thing settled.

Firstly, if anyone might know Peter, I would like to find him and see if he is still wanting these carbs and if, within a reasonable time, he doesn't appear, see if there is anyone out there who would be interested in them. Photo of the carbs to appear shortly via Gordo in Comox

Thanks for any help you can give me. Last time I saw Peter he was riding a 750 Guzzi as I recall.

Cheers, Wilf

Edited by Wilfred (02/23/12 7:07 am)

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Upgrade your BritBike Forum membership for one year or for Life*
#420250 - 02/23/12 12:02 am Re: vincent carbs buyer [Re: Wilfred]
Gordo in Comox Online   content
BritBike Forum member

Loc: Comox BC Canada
As requested

#420258 - 02/23/12 12:41 am Re: vincent carbs buyer [Re: Wilfred]
John Healy Online   content

Loc: Boston, Massachusetts
Now that's going to make some Vincent owner happy... Nice!
John

#420413 - 02/23/12 8:06 pm Re: vincent carbs buyer [Re: Wilfred]
Twin Pot Phil Offline
BritBike Forum member

Loc: Birmingham, UK
Wilfred,
If you decide to sell then take the time to look at the numbers stamped on the carb bodies by the mounting spigot. If the numbers are 289... then this is inch and one eigth choke for a Shadow, if the numbers are 276....then this is inch and one sixteenth for a Rapide. Shadows carbs are worth more than those for a Rapide.
It appears from the image that only the float chamber with the long arm is a Vincent fitment and it should also have a part number on it at the mounting spigot (1DV). If any of the other float chambers have the numer 1DO then that is for a series "B" machine and is the ONLY short arm float that was fitted. The air filters and their fittings are a desireable item also.

If you advert list them you must take the trouble to find and list the numbers stamped on carbs and float chambers. Vin most owners are numbingly obsessive about having only the correctly numbered parts.
Good luck in your quest.

Moderator:  John Healy 

Untitled Document

Home, Sponsors
Newsletter, Regalia
Calendar, Bike Project
BritBike Museum
Spiders Cartoons

"OLD" BritBike Forum

DVD- Manuals & Parts books
BritBike Stickers & Decals

Upgrade your membership-