BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
JWood Auctions JRC Engineering dealers JWood Auctions
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
dyna92
dyna92
Pennsylvania
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
28 registered members (Al Eckstadt), 180 guests, and 364 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dan1818, Konaflyer, Begbie, Andrew Fallo, Zack Banks
10419 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 87
Rohan 78
reverb 75
Triless 73
Popular Topics(Views)
713,220 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,313
Posts665,105
Members10,419
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Great Escape... MY yarn... #387683
08/03/11 5:14 pm
08/03/11 5:14 pm
Kent Garden of England
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
BLIMEY, looks like Grandpa beat me to it, only trouble with HIS yarn, it's all candy coated and Hollywood, so grab yourself a beer, settle down and place your feet on Old Yella, for here be the yarn, about our little sortie on the Hun... Who turned out to he bloody nice chaps...

There I was in the middle of France, it was 23.30 (that's 11.30pm Wade) and I fired up the tin box I was kipping in, set the speed to max, and hit the Autoroute. The *Plan* was to get home do the thee S's, have a sit down for 30mins, and go get Grandpa. He'd text me saying he'd be at the train station around 16.05 (That's 5 mins past 4 Wade)...

Got home at 12.00 (that's midday Wade) eye balls hanging out of me head, but I knew that once we were all together, I'd be OK. Then as I walked in I noticed the answer phone thingy was flashing..! Some Belgium bloke was on it, saying we couldn't stay at the place we'd booked, and to phone him to arrange somewhere else. Trouble with that idea, the silly Billy, never left me his phone number shocked PANIC, we're staying there the day after tomorrow, and we leave in a few hours. So frantic pushing of buttons, phone calls, and the like, got me a phone number, course they don't speak English..!

Just then in walked Our Lisa, so with her Fluent French we sorted it, just in time for me to have two of them S's wink Then shooot down to get Grandpa, can't find a parking spot, so sat in the car, moving it each and every time someone came along. Only to get a text saying Grandpa had missed his bus, and also the train mad cutting more time into me not having any sleep, seems the lad can't be early for anything. After another hour, they pulled in, then it was back home before shooting off to Herne Bay to hand over a ton of luggage to my mate Malcolm, who was taking his two bikes in a van, along with our luggage. This meant we could travel light, then off to get something to eat at long last. Fish & Chips by the ice cold sea, well it WAS the height of a British Summer.

Eventually, and with me eye balls turning inside out, we got home, drank a beer, and hit the sack. Now I told Grandpa that we NEED, and I mean NEED to be on the bikes at 06.55 (that's 5 mins to 6 in the morning Wade) IF we miss this ferry, it'll mean adding 4hrs to our trip, and we'll not get to mooch around Brugge...

So next morning we're up and out, and there we were sat on the bikes, BUT, Grandpa had purchased some goggles, not for looking out of, but to look good IN. And naturally he'd not tried them on BEFORE the trip..! So with the time ticking away, and him fuffing about with these goggles, it was decided that he'd wear the Sun glasses, and Gerry would go without, not a good thing to do, especially in THIS neck of the woods. Rain being the theme of the day, perhaps a warning there for y'all, TRY new stuff at home BEFORE you start an adventure.

So EVENTUALLY we start the bikes and meander off to Dover, got to the booking office and booked in, then pulled around to the lanes for the ship, only to see one of the Penguins flapping, and Robin the beer finder riding onto the ship..! BLIMEY how close can you get, on the ship Robin says "where the bloody hell you bin" but we strapped the bikes down and went for the full English...

By kentshaun at 2011-08-03

I TRIED to explain in a 'Nice' way that when we NEED to get somewhere on time, we REALLY need to get there. Grandpa told me that his brother tells him to get ready an hour before he needs too, just for this very same reason. BLIMEY Grandpa dude, you need to sort yourself out.

Due to all the stress from the last day, and this day, I forgot to get a photo of the breakfast, but it was the full Monty, a Bifta to be proud of. Once at Dunkerque we headed for the motorway, we didn't take the 'Bimble' route to Brugge, due to the fact we ALL wanted to mooch around the place, and we still had to find the Backpacker hostel Robin had booked. Got to the middle of brugge, left the bikes, and hunted down the place. I walked into a really posh hotel, where they had a bloke playing a piano, and the lady nearly fainted when she saw what I was wearing, BLIMEY a Motorcyclist in HER hotel, whatever next..! Eventually we found what we were looking for...

A pub that stays open till 05.00 (That's 5am in the morning Wade)Our rooms were in a labyrinth of corridors, the numbers of the rooms didn't correspond with any common sense what so ever. So we HAD to resort to actually ASKING someone where our room was, then back down to the bar to have a light refreshment, and find out where we can leave the bikes..?

This turned out to be an old theater, that was attached to the pub, and as it turned out, it was full of bicycles too, the lad who owned the place organises bicycle tours. And he asked us to make sure we were OUT of there by 11.00 next morning. (that's 11am in the morning Wade)

And so once the bikes were safe, we headed off for a mooch and some nose bag...

Robin found some beer...

Me and Grandpa found some Mussels...

Our Lisa found some chocolate..!

So all was well in our World, everyone was happy, even the day had warmed up to just above freezing, we went back for the sleep of the dead, and awoke to find our holiday weather, yes you got it, RAIN..!

Once AGAIN, we were waiting for Grandpa to get himself sorted, and that owner was chomping at the bit, it was now 11.45 and he wanted us OUT. So out in the rain we did eventually go, fired up the bikes and off we headed. For today our next port of call was a three bedroom house, in Malmedy, the place that caused all the stress t'other day.

The idea was to head once again on the motorway, we'll keep at 50mph, and make a tight flight formation, them German's won't know what hit em, and any flack from whoever would be handled IF we keep our formation tight. Which we DID, till I started to have trouble..?

The A10 started to play up, had this once before in a heavy down pour, water was getting into the mag from the HT leads, so I thought I'd overtake Grandpa on the M21, catch up with Robin on the A7 and get my WD40 out of Grandpa's panniers. Just got to within shouting distance of Robin, when I heard machine gun fire, the buggers had got me..! ROBIN I shouted, if I didn't get him now, he'll carry on till Germany. He couldn't see me in the rain, and his full attention was taken up with all the trucks overtaking us.

Onto the shoulder I did go, got off and saw a lake of oil over me engine, by now Grandpa and Robin were with me, "Look" I says "the engine is covered in oil" Robin says, "You've got mice" there's a bloody hole in your engine...

Next time the yarn of how we got to Malmedy, will Grandpa leave on time..? Will Robin find Beer..? Will we ever be dry..?

Find out soon...

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #387685
08/03/11 5:19 pm
08/03/11 5:19 pm
NL
G
Ger B Offline
BritBike Forum member
Ger B  Offline
BritBike Forum member
G

NL
I see you ate mussels, young Shaun lad. Did you eat them with or without the shell?

beerchug

Ger B

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #387701
08/03/11 6:35 pm
08/03/11 6:35 pm
NYC and York PA
wadeschields Offline

BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Offline

BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
Originally Posted By: Kent Shaun
and I mean NEED to be on the bikes at 06.55 (that's 5 mins to 6 in the morning Wade)

Find out soon...

WTF ( thats What The F**k Shaun) If thats how you tell time then I will never understand your clocks my friend!! laughing

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #387709
08/03/11 7:34 pm
08/03/11 7:34 pm
Kent
KarlB Offline
BritBike Forum member
KarlB  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Kent
Sigh, I miss all those wonderful Belgian beers!
But my portly paunch is a reminder of all the good times we had together... laughing

KarlB
Wondering what the next project will be!
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #387722
08/03/11 8:47 pm
08/03/11 8:47 pm
Pennsyltuckey
ricochetrider Offline

Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Offline

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
eow-wee!
talk about leaving us hanging in suspense! i'm on the edge of MY seat for sure man. thank god i spent 18 long years in my Dad's Own Army, it sure helps me to tell time when i'm out in The World...

keep it comin dude!

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: wadeschields] #387769
08/04/11 12:50 am
08/04/11 12:50 am
Derbyshire UK
BeezaBryan Online content

BritBike Forum member
BeezaBryan  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
Originally Posted By: wadeschields
and I mean NEED to be on the bikes at 06.55 (that's 5 mins to 6 in the morning Wade)

Find out soon...

WTF ( thats What The F**k Shaun) If thats how you tell time then I will never understand your clocks my friend!! laughing

Not just you Wade, not just you. help
How in the name of all that is holy can 06.55 be 5 minutes to SIX
In the words of RichB - jeez!
However he does tell a good tale clap
2c

Last edited by beezabryan; 08/04/11 12:51 am.

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride”
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388026
08/05/11 11:59 am
08/05/11 11:59 am
Back on the mainland!
JubeePrince Offline

Life member
JubeePrince  Offline

Life member

Back on the mainland!
Shaun, lad, Stephen King has got NOTHING on you! The suspense is killing me!

Anxiously awaiting chapter two....

Wade, BTW, it's WTFS, FYI, LOL

Steve

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388063
08/05/11 4:58 pm
08/05/11 4:58 pm
Kent Garden of England
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
So there we were, on the shoulder with a hole in me engine, rain falling down, and trucks making the rain come in from all sides. Now to get sorted, so I gets me cell phone out and finds me European breakdown number...

Before I tell ya THAT story, I'd like to tell ya this one. Remember all the stress we had with the cabin place, telling me we couldn't stay there..? Well I thought it best I phone up me insrance on that very same day, just to check that I had the correct number, just in case me or Grandpa broke down. The lady on the other end of the phone, after hearing Beathoven for 20 minutes mad Told me that I did indeed have the WRONG number, and that I should put THIS number in me phone, so I did, now back to the plot...

I pressed the buttons and... BUGGER ALL shocked Bloody number didn't work..? So I tried again, still nothing, what now..? Robin wasn't with the same insurance company, so he didn't have the number, what to do... I KNOW, I'll phone up the BSAOC Kent branch chairman, young Malcolm, HE'LL have it, or if he don't he'll know where to get it. SO I did, and he did, jobs a good un.

Found out the stupid bloody woman I'd phoned earlier, didn't give me the last two digits mad Anyway they said the breakdown truck would be with me in 90 minutes, so I told everyone, (including Geoff & Sara who turned up while I was in a panic about the phone number) to leave us be, we'll be sorted and we'll meet up in the house in Malmedy later.

Bang on 90 minutes to the dot, and the breakdown truck showed up, he strapped the bike to the back, while me and Our Lisa climbed into the warm dry cab, us being cold and misserable frown

He took us BACK the way we'd come, to a garage in Aalter, where we had a coffee from the nice owner of the place, he told me I could use the phone, and to get intouch with my insurance company, to find out what they were going to do with the bike, and most importantly US..?

Yet another stuipid woman, she says, if we can get an engine and fit it, could you continue on your holiday..! Bloody miracle if you could love, I says. SO then she says, well if we can't we'll... SCRAP the bike, guess what I said wink Anyway I tells the owner of the garage that IF they come to scrap the bike, to PHONE me, I gave him me cell phone AND me house number.

In the meantime, and after FOUR and a half hours wait, a breakdown truck comes along, with the smallest car you've ever seen..! Some Jap thing Misses Bussy Colt, or some such..? Bloody thing did better on fuel that any of me bikes shocked The lad who delivered it seemed to be in a rush, turns out the car had damage to the rear wing, course I jumped on him about it, and got it in writing. Barstewards would take me deposit if I'd not said anything...

And so there we were, tired and hungry but on our way, the engine of the tin box we were in, was buzzing like a Bee, the power in it, told me it was a Bee runing around a wheel. BLIMEY, how do they get away with making cars like that these days. Anyway we had a long drive to do, and we were BOTH starving, so into the first services we did go, tried the local cafe, but the buggers closed about 10 minutes before we got there.

A bit of nose bag, 60 cents to use the toilets mad And we were on our way, got to the place just as night was falling, it was doing that along with the rain. Robin was there flapping his arms about all happy, and as soon as we got in we were treated to a feast, with beer and wine.

After a great feed and a good sleep, we were fit and able again, Grandpa asked me what time we HAD to leave the house, 11.00 I told him. So at 12.45..! We hit the road, me in that tiny tin box, with ALL the lad's stuff to make their life easy. And them out there enjoying life...

THIS time no motorways, we'd gone way past Brussels, and so none of them terrible roads they call lanes. We were in proper lanes, and it was like that all the way to Germany. Which we got to without knowing we had, no signs, no welcome, nothing, just German registered cars, and that was that.

SO the very first town we got to we just HAD to have a welcome to Germany Ale...

Well that's it for now, will we make it to the rally site..? Will Grandpa ever leave ON TIME..? Will we get around Koblenz..? What river is the Rhine..?

All these and more questions will be answered NEXT time, stay tuned now y'hear...

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388118
08/05/11 10:45 pm
08/05/11 10:45 pm
Pennsyltuckey
ricochetrider Offline

Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Offline

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
dude!
the DRAMA, oh the sheer DRAMA of it all...

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388127
08/05/11 11:53 pm
08/05/11 11:53 pm
Back on the mainland!
JubeePrince Offline

Life member
JubeePrince  Offline

Life member

Back on the mainland!
I bet Shaun finishes his yarn before Wade gets his photos up..... wink

Steve

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: JubeePrince] #388154
08/06/11 4:36 am
08/06/11 4:36 am
NYC and York PA
wadeschields Offline

BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Offline

BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
Originally Posted By: JubeePrince
I bet Shaun finishes his yarn before Wade gets his photos up..... wink

Steve

I'm thinking I'll let Shaun finish his so I can go all Hollywood on his *ss !

(I might post some photos)

[Linked Image]
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: wadeschields] #388156
08/06/11 4:45 am
08/06/11 4:45 am
Connecticut, USA
B
Bob E Offline
BritBike Forum member
Bob E  Offline
BritBike Forum member
B

Connecticut, USA
help me out Wade, whats "nose bag"

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Bob E] #388161
08/06/11 5:24 am
08/06/11 5:24 am
NYC and York PA
wadeschields Offline

BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Offline

BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
Originally Posted By: Bob E
help me out Wade, whats "nose bag"

In this case Bob , "nose bag" was boneless breast chicken with all the spices we could find in the cupboard . and if I remember right - mushrooms and potatoes and was it asparagus confused Its late now and I have one eye propped open with a toothpick and the other is already closed .... I'll re-edit this in the morning when I can think.....

[Linked Image]
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Bob E] #388164
08/06/11 6:15 am
08/06/11 6:15 am
Kent Garden of England
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Bob E lad, and to think you lot used to keep horses shocked didn't you put a 'Nose Bag' on the horse, each and everytime it needed feeeding..? Haven't you seen racing horses eating from a nose bag..?

Bliemy lad, you've lived a sheltered life laughing

So therefore NOSE BAG = EATING, pure and simple...

Hope he don't ask me what the 'Squirts' are, cos that bit comes later wink

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388183
08/06/11 12:13 pm
08/06/11 12:13 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Bob E lad, and to think you lot used to keep horses shocked didn't you put a 'Nose Bag' on the horse, each and everytime it needed feeeding..? Haven't you seen racing horses eating from a nose bag..?

Bliemy lad, you've lived a sheltered life laughing

So therefore NOSE BAG = EATING, pure and simple...

Hope he don't ask me what the 'Squirts' are, cos that bit comes later wink

Or "Pacific Rim" AKA "Ring of Fire". A term that came into England along with curry houses ....

Lannis

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is really going to be upset.
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388201
08/06/11 1:52 pm
08/06/11 1:52 pm
Connecticut, USA
B
Bob E Offline
BritBike Forum member
Bob E  Offline
BritBike Forum member
B

Connecticut, USA
A-HA nose bag - feed bag. got it , thanks for clearing that up Wade and Kent. the "Squirts" hope that is not what I think it might be. lol

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388220
08/06/11 3:24 pm
08/06/11 3:24 pm
South East England
G
Graham Ham Offline
Private sponsor
Graham Ham  Offline
Private sponsor
G

South East England
Oh my Gawd. The mental image of Shaun with the 'squirts' is staggeringly unpleasant.

Please .... NO pics! sick

Good judgment comes from experience, but the most memorable experiences tend to come from bad judgment!

http://www.panther-publishing.co.uk/default.asp?contentID=18

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388243
08/06/11 6:45 pm
08/06/11 6:45 pm
Kent Garden of England
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
So after that beer and a relax, we continued on our warm and Sunny ride to the Rally site, Robin the beer finder/Rally site finder, was doing a grand job. He took us down some wonderful roads, IF only WE were on a bike mad

I'd looked at the map once or twice, and knew we HAD to stay to the left of the Rhine, so when stopping for a Bum break, I said to Robin, don't forget we need the Rhine to be on our RIGHT as we go along. Not too worry he said, I KNOW we need it to be on the right, and so we eventually came to Koblenz and there was indeed a River. It was about 16.00 (That's 4pm Wade) by now, and Grandpa wanted his lunch..! So we pulled up at a nice little spot by the river, ate and enjoyed the warm weather, then back to the final bit of the ride down. After about 40 miles, it was decided that this bloody river was NOT the Rhine..! Turns out it was the Mosel, we'd hit the *Y* point of the two rivers, and took the WRONG one, bugger..!

So now due to Grandpa not leaving that house at the correct time, our little extra 'Touring' escapade, meant we were running out of day light. And for some strange reason, Grandpa never used the great lights on the M21..? Even in the heavy rain on a truck filled motorway, not once did the lad turn the lights on..? I checked a couple of times, and they worked well, I think it's cos I mentioned the switch could be a bit dodgy at times, perhaps THAT put him off using them..? Anyway there we were looking for the Rhine, the light fading in the sky, and all was going pear shaped.

So nothing for it, but for Gerry to walk up to someone on the street and ASK..! BLIMEY why don't men do that..? The lad put us on the right road, and there it was, the Rhine, it said it was the Rhine on all the signs on the bridge. And we kept it to our RIGHT, so that's good then wink

As we got nearer we started spotting a few BSA's, then just as we got to the town we were heading for, there was BSA signs that led us to our destination. We booked in and the very nice lady there, took us to our Log Cabin, no camping for US this time, wanted to make it nice for Lisa & Gerry. Here it is, said the lady, Blocker De Fumph.

Once inside Blocker De Fumph, we moved the wardrobe and using a spoon that Grandpa had stolen, along with his many beer glasses, we started the Escape Tunnel. We were in a block of THREE cabins, and one was making a Glider, while the other one had 'Harry' on the go. Once settled in we all went for some cold Ale, just like 'Ice cold in Alex' it was grin

Oh what fun this'll be, making War jokes all week, wonder how long it'll last..?

Well once the beer had warmed up in our throats, we wondered IF young Malcolm had made it with all our gear yet..? SO off for a mooch around, and YES indeed he had made it safe and sound, and that little Tinker had a surprise for me in that very van. Have a look inside, said my hero..? He opened the doors, jumped inside and pulled this out, saying, this is yours lad...

BLOODY hell, I had to walk away for a second, like a big girl I had a lump in me throat and a tear in me eye, bloody hell Malcolm..! So there is was...

Thanks to that stupid insruance woman giving me the wrong phone number, Malcolm knew I never had a bike, and so he left his lovely Emprire Star at home, and brought over his Rocket Goldie, and this lovely A50 just for me. So now me and Our Lisa CAN indeed have the holiday we wanted, how good is that..?

Right lets start it, turn the key, flood the carb, give it a kick, and there it sits, going, Bom Bom Bom Bom, Fan-BLOODY-Tastic. Hot or cold, it started as easy as that, and just did what I wanted to do, only trouble with it, was the speedo. It was saying 30mph but we were doing about 50mph, so I just took it easy. Seen loads of speed cameras over there in the Father land frown

OK so there we have it, our Starlag was all sorted, we've got our escape tunnel started, had Ale, and I'd got me a bike, best of all the Americans had joined us. And just like 1943 they were LATE, so alls well there then. Best we get our laughing gear around some of that there Bitburger, or whatever they call that beer of theirs..? And perhaps try one of them Schnitzels...

MARVELLOUS bigt

Sunday, and the official opening where a troup of strolling minstrels played their Olde Worlde music, and the mayor of the town, gave us a speach welcoming all the BSA owners to his town. You've seen photos so I'll not post mine, Sunday was spent mooching & drinking, eating and drinking, drinking and mooching. Best we roll onto Monday then...

The Line up today was held at the place where Germania is, the statue of that very lady was coverd up, seems they were cleaing it or something..? SO the only photo I got was this one...

By kentshaun at 2011-08-06

Anyway we had a mooch around, then took the Bimble route back, just got back in time for the 17.00 (that's 5pm Wade) Wine walk, they didn't want us to drink and drive..? So made us walk... NO, MARCH, into the woods, up hills, through fields, cross rivers, and finally a road, all in HOT Sun shine..! They SAID it was between 3km-5Km, what a joke THAT was, more like TEN bloody MILES mad

And when we got to the 'Wine Tasting' the wine flowed, we were all shattered, but after a good few bottles, the corks began to fly. I HAVE to report it was MORGAN who started it, turned into a sort of 'Pearl Harbour' re-enactment..!

Talking of Morgan, while I was looking into the Rally programme, seeing who was booked in, and who might owe me beer..? I saw that from Sweden there was a Morgan Johansson, and with him was... No Not Anki, Oh no, it said *WIFE* rigt there, in everyone's Rally book, there in Black & White, *Wife* so forever more, Mrs Morgan, will now be called *WIFE* PLEASE don't forget this, cos it's OFFICIAL. Nothing to do with me y'all understand, it's out of my hands wink

Right hang on, next time the yarn from the high seas, will Grandpa over sleep, will he see the Sun rise, does he know there's such a thing as morning..? LATER DUDES...

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388351
08/07/11 5:35 pm
08/07/11 5:35 pm
Kent Garden of England
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
BLIMEY, we had to get to the busses at 08.30 for the ride down to the boat, that was going to take us on the Rhine tour, wonder if Grandpa knows there's a 08.30 in the morning..? Anyway them that do know, were up and out, and had breakfast as well. By the way, breakfast, I've got to say it was fantastic bigt Not the FULL English, but then why have that in another country..? They had a Full German instead, bread rolls, hams and cheese with differnt spreads, cornflakes and the like, and lakes of coffee. All for 4 a day, wonderful, I couldn't have too many of them rolls they were brilliant...

Time waits for no man, and so off to the bus for the short ride down to the river, we met up with Gerry & Grandpa, and she had a yarn to spin. Seems Grandpa had gone walk-a-bout AGAIN, and she was looking for him, so went to the first bus and asked the lad taking the tickets. Can't get on the bus, you don't have a ticket, he told her, yes I know Wade's got them, is he on this bus..? But the lad was having none of that old malarky, she didn't have a ticket..! BLIMEY German efficiency at work, she tried and tried to get Adolf, to see reason, but he was having none of it. No ticket, no bus ride, he couldn't see outside the box, it was just too much to work out that she was LOOKING for someone. He could only handle ticket collection, and that's the thing, seems the German people are all like that, they can only handle one thing at a time. Most strange, and indeed a tad unexpected. But we found this a couple of times, like IF say a menu has ham, egg and chips. You couldn't just have egg & chips, no sorry it's only what's on the menu shocked Most strange I tells ya..?

Anyroad, there we were ON the bus, and in a jiffy we were waiting for this...

And BOY did we need a sit down after yesterday's route march..! Don't forget this here BSA club of ours, is full of... Well lets not beat about the bush here, it's full of Motorcyclist, and as such we've all, well mostly ALL, have had some sort of motorcycling injury at some stage in our life. And some bits of us, started life in a factory, so walking miles and miles in the Summer heat, took it's toll. This here long sit down was well needed, saw some beautiful sites while we drifted along the Rhine...

Then came lunch time, Schnitzle and Sourcrout, don't know if that's how they spell it..? Don't care, cos it tasted horrible sick The Schnitzle was great, but that cabbage stuff wasn't meant for human consumption..!

Did we have afters to wash it down..? NO, there was cake, but you HAD to buy it, once again they couldn't do two things at once... Oh and getting the first course was a major operation as well, first you had to sit INSIDE, not out enjoying the SUn shine like 90% of us, Oh no, they couldn't handle that. You HAD to find a seat inside, where they served you your food, THEN and only then, could you take it outside and eat it..! So this fiasco caused a massive queue of people, can't see why they couldn't just hand us the food and let us wander away with it..? All very strange, and all very German..!

After a FULL day on the river we got back to the camp, and enjoyed more beer, there I heard of a East London BSA rider who'd just made it to the Rally. He had one of the most reliable BSA bikes in the World, which he rode down and covered over 518 miles. What a hero young Ray is, well done lad, and here's that very BSA...

And Ray himself...

BLIMEY..! Perhaps I should get me one of them, can't blow THAT engine up... Or can I..?

Later Dudes...

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388354
08/07/11 5:45 pm
08/07/11 5:45 pm
ohio
shel Offline
BritBike Forum member
shel  Offline
BritBike Forum member

ohio
Shaun, The engine in that BSA are your knees and as I recall you've all ready blown up one of them up. Just sayin Bro

When given the choice between two evils I picked the one I haven't tried before
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388372
08/07/11 8:22 pm
08/07/11 8:22 pm
Pennsyltuckey
ricochetrider Offline

Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Offline

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
most reliable BSA?
now THAT i believe! laughing
(wow, who'd a thunk it?)

more nice pix Shaun! bigt
keep em coming, i h'ain't heard no fat lady singin' yet...

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388390
08/08/11 12:55 am
08/08/11 12:55 am
NYC and York PA
wadeschields Offline

BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Offline

BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
I was on that boat... Not late wink Never late when there is food and or drink involved laughing

[Linked Image]
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388408
08/08/11 3:36 am
08/08/11 3:36 am
Pennsyltuckey
ricochetrider Offline

Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Offline

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
from what i can tell the boat trip wound out to be a looooong day... judging by the pix of folks on the nod in the sunshine....

Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #388456
08/08/11 1:39 pm
08/08/11 1:39 pm
Kent
KarlB Offline
BritBike Forum member
KarlB  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Kent
Great stuff Shaun, MadamB and myself were on one of those Rhine boats a few years back during a visit to some friends in Koblenz. For the first few miles there were just a few of us, but then the boat pulls in somewhere and dozens of noisy French students board. It didn't matter where we went on the boat, all you could hear were those dumb students yelling etc. Another couple of miles down the river the boat pulls in again and a couple of coach loads of sarf lunden ladies board. Now if you think French teenagers are loud you haven't heard anything. The teenagers couldn't believe it either. It didn't help that the ladies were well sloshed on wine either. I can still see the fear in those young men's eyes as various ladies commented on them in fairly explicit terms... laughing

Keep it coming Shaun! Was Wilhelm still sitting on his horse at Deutsches Eck in Koblenz? The first time I went there he wasn't on his horse (maybe 1981), a GI had shot the former rider off during WW2 and they hadn't put him back yet. It was also the first time I rode a motorcycle abroad, fond memories of the Rhine in Flames (a huge firework display) and some rather lovely frauleins (long before I met MadamB) ... laughing

KarlB
Wondering what the next project will be!
Re: The Great Escape... MY yarn... [Re: Kent Shaun] #389591
08/14/11 2:32 pm
08/14/11 2:32 pm
Pennsyltuckey
ricochetrider Offline

Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Offline

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
waiting for more over here my brother...
where U @ yo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership