BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Steve Erickson
Steve Erickson
The Northwoods... Michigan
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
216 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,643 guests, and 588 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
revans, Gilly, XTINCT, Bruce Roberts, Brian Ellery
9959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 189
koan58 99
Stuart 86
NickL 73
Popular Topics(Views)
439,215 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,293
Posts632,504
Members9,959
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#358625 - 02/16/11 10:45 pm Things must really be tight at OCC  
jays375 Offline
BritBike Forum member
jays375  Offline
BritBike Forum member

pa.
Looking through eBay tonight like most nights.I always do a search distance nearest first.Well a nice Triumph Royal Wedding was listed in Newburgh New York.So I was looking at pics and said looks like Paul Tetul Senior's personal garage.Looked at other bikes for sale and sure enough there is a picture of him with one of the bikes.From watching the show he had a pretty good collection.Figures he would sell of the good bikes first.The seller is listed as nicholasbusa if anybody wants to looks.Wonder if his cars are going too,if not already.

Last edited by jays375; 02/17/11 1:09 am.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#358655 - 02/17/11 3:07 am Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
441/R3cafeSteve Offline
BritBike Forum member
441/R3cafeSteve  Offline
BritBike Forum member

BC Canada
Knew he was probably a car guy or something in real life, guess it's time to dump the "props" LOL!. He did seem genuine about BSA I must say. Can't understand how the sale would be required with all the $100 000 bikes they built. Probably a real good guy the Walrus, someone should do a life after OCC special after that show cafe racer runs out it's contract or gets dumped for a new car show. The Norton 4 would be a good score under 5k nice bikes.
They should start an internet based monthly show on their own, they would have a ton of advertisers and retain rights to do what they want.
S

The 441, most versatile BSA of the 60's
#358658 - 02/17/11 3:14 am Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
if the Orange County *Choppers* dudes are going down it will be GOOD riddance, IMO. these knuckleheads have captivated so many Americans but for what? a display of total ignorance.

a few years ago, a local Motorcycle weekend extravaganza had Paul Sr & Jr in as the *big attraction*. a friend and his wife were there, he as a vendor (being a Kawasaki and Suzuki Dealership) and she hanging out. on the Friday, she walked over to the OCC tent to say hi and see what was up. with barely 10 people in the tent, the Pauls were sitting, faces down, not even TRYING to talk to anyone or hang out. grudgingly signing autographs and hoping everyone would just go away. next day, Saturday, i went over to the grounds and outside the OCC tent were literally at least 1000 people, standing in line for over an hour waiting to see these @$$holes.

i say f*** 'em. let 'em burn in hell.

Last edited by ricochetrider; 02/17/11 3:14 am.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#358694 - 02/17/11 1:23 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: ricochetrider]  
George Elston Offline
BritBike Forum member
George Elston  Offline
BritBike Forum member

upstate ny
Originally Posted By: ricochetrider
if the Orange County *Choppers* dudes are going down it will be GOOD riddance, IMO. these knuckleheads have captivated so many Americans but for what? a display of total ignorance.

a few years ago, a local Motorcycle weekend extravaganza had Paul Sr & Jr in as the *big attraction*. a friend and his wife were there, he as a vendor (being a Kawasaki and Suzuki Dealership) and she hanging out. on the Friday, she walked over to the OCC tent to say hi and see what was up. with barely 10 people in the tent, the Pauls were sitting, faces down, not even TRYING to talk to anyone or hang out. grudgingly signing autographs and hoping everyone would just go away. next day, Saturday, i went over to the grounds and outside the OCC tent were literally at least 1000 people, standing in line for over an hour waiting to see these @$$holes.

i say f*** 'em. let 'em burn in hell.

Geez Tom tell us how you really feel!!

57 Woodsman
64 Interceptor
58 Trailblazer
59 Constellation
64 500 Sport twin
61 Hornet

2001 W650
1966 W1
#358696 - 02/17/11 1:35 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: ricochetrider]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: ricochetrider

The sad part is NOT these guys ... it's all the brain-dead people who sat there and believed that what they were doing was "real" and that these were "riders" or "bikers" of some kind.

Our fellow Americans (and a few Brits), unfortunately.

These Teutels were just opportunistic actors - they realized that they could do some VERY poor acting, could strut around like Big Bad Bikers and fill some sort of "need" that people have to vicariously live some "Biker" image, and thereby make a TON of money, all legally and all given to them voluntarily by people who enjoyed the show.

I just sort of dismiss them as PT Barnum-style showmen. What's hard to take is the guys who come up and see you're on a motorcycle and want to talk some stupid stuff they saw on the TV and they think is real. You'd think it might be a good opening to talk about actual riding as opposed to posing and profiling, but the kool-aid is already in their system, and it's usually a lost cause; they're already into billet and fringe and talking tough, and things that can't really be ridden. Makes me sad, it does ......

There's a sucker born every minute, and two to take him. There's two right there!

Lannis

OK, I admit it, I'm addicted to brake fluid.

But I can stop any time I want.
#358706 - 02/17/11 2:55 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
D.Bachtel Online content
BritBike Forum member
D.Bachtel  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

SLO County, CA
Paul Senior, Paul Junior have gone over the edge.
Mikey on the other hand seems to have come out of the drama unscathed.
Let's hear it for the chubby, younger brother who has a better handle on the situation.

Wonder if "Chummly" on Pawn Stars can redeem himself?
(I only watch this stuff between the commercials) wink

Don in Nipomo

#358707 - 02/17/11 3:13 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: D.Bachtel]  
raf940 Online content
BritBike Forum member
raf940  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

gastonia nc
good riddance

1972 Triumph T120
1968 BSA A65
1968 MGB Roadster
1979 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
1969 Honda Mini Trail
1939 farmall f30 tractor
2004 Honda Shadow Aero
1972 BSA Thunderbolt
1975 yamaha xs650b
1972 Norton commando project
#358709 - 02/17/11 3:30 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: D.Bachtel]  
flgoff Offline
BritBike Forum member
flgoff  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Middle Tennessee
The show had other far reaching results that might not seem so obvious. I live in a community of about 13,000 souls. A couple of local guys leased a building, spent big $ on machinery and opened a shop called Chopper Thugs. The name alone should tell you all you need to know. The shop thrived for a couple of years, turning out $30,000+, nearly unridable, custom bikes. They won a few awards at shows catering to these customs, and were featured in some magazine articles. Despite rumors to contrary, the economy took a downward turn, and all of a sudden, nobody seemed to have expendable money for driveway jewelry. At the moment they have a couple of unfinished projects that have been sitting in their shop for over a year and the place is like a morgue. They are broke, and I feel sad for them for having thought they were doing something other than catching a wave.

Floyd (Member: ThreeMustGetBeers)

There are no demons inside my helmet; only the magic of the Universe gliding past my every sense.
1951 BSA C11(Leaky Lena)
2010 BMW G650 GS(Scarlett)
#358710 - 02/17/11 3:36 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
D.Bachtel Online content
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

SLO County, CA
Yeah, everyone is broke this season and they're going to PawnStars.
Now what about Chummly? bigt

Don in Nipomo

#358711 - 02/17/11 3:41 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: flgoff]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: flgoff
The show had other far reaching results that might not seem so obvious. I live in a community of about 13,000 souls. A couple of local guys leased a building, spent big $ on machinery and opened a shop called Chopper Thugs....

THAT image is certainly good for the sport.

My knock is NOT about the 'choppers'. If a man RIDES a chopper or a custom of some sort, OR if he just rides it to the local bar and doesn't try to PRETEND he's doing anything else, that's fine by me. I have quite a few friends that ride VERY little, and make no bones about the fact that 50 miles a month on their chopper is all they want.

It's the PRETENDERS that I can't stand. And that world is full of them ..... Whatever people might say about me, or might think about me and my opinions or lifestyle OR my motorcycle riding, they'll never be able to accuse me of pretending to be something I'm not ... ! It's all right there .... beerchug

Lannis

#358713 - 02/17/11 4:23 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: Lannis]  
George Elston Offline
BritBike Forum member
George Elston  Offline
BritBike Forum member

upstate ny
Originally Posted By: Lannis
Originally Posted By: flgoff
The show had other far reaching results that might not seem so obvious. I live in a community of about 13,000 souls. A couple of local guys leased a building, spent big $ on machinery and opened a shop called Chopper Thugs....

THAT image is certainly good for the sport.

My knock is NOT about the 'choppers'. If a man RIDES a chopper or a custom of some sort, OR if he just rides it to the local bar and doesn't try to PRETEND he's doing anything else, that's fine by me. I have quite a few friends that ride VERY little, and make no bones about the fact that 50 miles a month on their chopper is all they want.

It's the PRETENDERS that I can't stand. And that world is full of them ..... Whatever people might say about me, or might think about me and my opinions or lifestyle OR my motorcycle riding, they'll never be able to accuse me of pretending to be something I'm not ... ! It's all right there .... beerchug

Lannis

I'm pretending to be interested in this thread but it's getting harder. grin
I think the only good thing to possibly come from all this is that it probably pushed a bunch of young guys to learn trades like metalworking, welding etc that they may not have had an interest in before. Trades that can serve them in one form or another for the rest of their lives.

57 Woodsman
64 Interceptor
58 Trailblazer
59 Constellation
64 500 Sport twin
61 Hornet

2001 W650
1966 W1
#358715 - 02/17/11 4:32 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: George Elston]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: George Elston

I think the only good thing to possibly come from all this is that it probably pushed a bunch of young guys to learn trades like metalworking, welding etc that they may not have had an interest in before. Trades that can serve them in one form or another for the rest of their lives.

I know (in my neighbourhood and through motorcycling) several guys who make their living doing custom machine work in a small shop at their home.

They seem to be happy and prosperous. The main complaint I hear from them is that there is MUCH more work available than they can do, and they are constantly having to resist the temptation to expand their shop, hire people, and get away from doing the work themselves into managing a business, dealing with people issues, etc.

Knowing what I know now, I would certainly consider it an option if I were a young man!

Lannis

#358723 - 02/17/11 5:35 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
George Elston Offline
BritBike Forum member
George Elston  Offline
BritBike Forum member

upstate ny
Lannis
Back in a former life I did a lot of spray painting for $$$. Some of my friends and co workers know this. Lately I've been asked or referred to by several people to paint their bikes. Unfortunately I don't have a place I consider good enough to do the work. I don't mind if my own stuff has some dirt or whatever but I'm not going to do that to others. However I may look into this to subsidize my upcoming retirement income. So yes there always seems to be more work around ( small job shop type) than people to do it. A good reason to encourage the youngsters to learn some mechanical skills.

57 Woodsman
64 Interceptor
58 Trailblazer
59 Constellation
64 500 Sport twin
61 Hornet

2001 W650
1966 W1
#358743 - 02/17/11 8:07 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
HawaiianTiger Online content
BritBike Forum member
HawaiianTiger  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Maui Hawaii
I'd never be caught riding a "cartoon" bike like the OCC guys put out but there are some redeeming qualities to some of the things that come out of that show.
first, a good percentage of the bikes they have built are sold to raise money for charitable causes. Can't fault that.
Second, I think at least for a period that there was a few shows that showed what could be accomplished by team work, nothwithstanding the interferrence offered by Paul SR.
Most of the really special work was performed by the outside services that were unfortunately not headlined enough in the show. Nubs paintwork is inspirational, really. I'd like to see who puts together their motors, also.
Well these are examples.
I actually like watching the program. I believe there will be more if perhaps in a different format.
Bill

Bikes
1974 Commando
1985 Honda Nighthawk 650
1957 Thunderbird/T110 "Flying Tiger"
Antique Fans: Loads of Emersons (Two six wingers) plus gyros and orbiters.
#358745 - 02/17/11 8:10 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: George Elston]  
Kent Shaun Online content
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Wow shocked Youse guys are REALLY wound up about this, can I put my 2c In here dudes...

OK this MIGHT seem really HEAVY, but I feel I've got to lay it on y'all, so take a moment, and try your best here to breath in the details, as I said it's a tad heavy...

OK here it is...

It's a TV show, purely for ENTERTAINMENT shocked

There I said it, now put them flintlocks away, dry that powder, and grab hold of them fettling sticks, seems you ALL need to get some fettling in wink

Just sayin'

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
#358746 - 02/17/11 8:17 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
yeah it was all part of a big wave of folks *making* *custom* choppers and whatnot- most of which were pure crap.

on the OTHER hand, i have seen some REALLY sweet, rideable (at least in MY opinion of rideable) bobbers and streetfighters. in the big world, there are at least a few guys out there building bad ass bikes to RIDE...

and let's not forget that redneck biker dude who first rode AROUND THE WORLD(literally) on an old Indian, THEN DID IT AGAIN on a custom pan head CHOPPER...
check the adventure riders site thread- 100 pages + :

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462017

point being that if someone takes a notion to ride something somewhere...well. ANYTHING is possible.

having said all this, OCC guys STILL suck.
IMO
jus sayin.

Last edited by ricochetrider; 02/17/11 8:18 pm.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#358766 - 02/17/11 9:50 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
Ob1quixote Online content
BritBike Forum member
Ob1quixote  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Charleston SC
This says it all to me.

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
#358771 - 02/17/11 10:08 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
D.Bachtel Online content
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

SLO County, CA
Missed that episode...

#358775 - 02/17/11 10:59 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
jays375 Offline
BritBike Forum member
jays375  Offline
BritBike Forum member

pa.
They were like alot of shops that opened up and hopped on the custom chopper train.Except OCC made it onto tv and really hit the big time.Billy Lane went to jail.You don't see the OCC shwag like you used too that is for sure.Money does really ruin alot of people.Not that the OCC crew was ever really talented.I always liked watching a show were a bike was built from scratch from the frame up.When you watch a tank get made from scratch.To me that is custom.Not just modify or purchase the parts and assemble.Have to aggree with Hawaiian Tiger with Nubs paint jobs,he does pretty cool work.The last episode I watched,Nubs did a silver carbon fiber paint job that looked awesome and took some real talent.Knew a guy that had a fancy stretched out chopper.The master cylinder cover wouldn't stay on.Had to keep a spare starter on hand because you never knew when that would take a crap.Think when he sold it had 800 miles on it.Plus he lost about $10,000 in about a years time.Wonder what the next greates fad in motorcycles will be.Might just be commuter bikes if gas keeps going up.

#358785 - 02/18/11 12:25 am Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
Alan_nc Online content
Alan_nc  Online Content

Greensboro, NC
WOW guess I'm really out of it. I have never seen the show.

Guys there is an off button on the TV.

Alan
Cleared m out....left only
59 BSA Bantam (Trials)
78 Triumph Bonny (UPS)
02 Suzuki GS500
#358817 - 02/18/11 5:22 am Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: Alan_nc]  
BeezaBryan Online content
BritBike Forum member
BeezaBryan  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
Originally Posted By: Alan_nc
WOW guess I'm really out of it. I have never seen the show.

Guys there is an off button on the TV.

Purely my opinion Alan but you have missed nothing, absolutely nothing
Seems to be another one of those "reality shows" that appear to be so popular

Saw some of it once on one of our digital freeview channel and prompted by this topic again briefly yesterday evening. This really not being my beverage of choice (can't say tea in case it offends the Bostonians laughing ) I quickly found the off button on both occasions bigt

2c

Last edited by beezabryan1; 02/18/11 5:26 am.

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Bryan
BSA Owners Club UK
Ohio Valley BSAOC USA

#358832 - 02/18/11 8:36 am Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
441/R3cafeSteve Offline
BritBike Forum member
441/R3cafeSteve  Offline
BritBike Forum member

BC Canada
Found that Chummlie guy and it's not Mikey from OCC Don.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chum-Lee-fan-club-pawn-stars/248193047496

Overt drug vibe on this guy, needs to put the bong down. Whom ever produces this show does not give a ___ about anyone's kids with a band shirt like that.
Pawn shops where your lucky to get 30%? LOL! and a visit from Pawn squad in some areas.
The guys that buy closed storage lockers seem to have a good gig too. The thrift shop I sorted for paid $3./pound for stuff including suitcases full of jewelry. The charity collected booty for the $3. that's it no cut of treasure. I quit, very evil operation morally Value village and no BSA's came in or parts in 2 years. Don't donate boa constrictors in garbage bags either that happened once.
Steve

The 441, most versatile BSA of the 60's
#358835 - 02/18/11 10:29 am Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
Mike Baker Online content
BritBike Forum member
Mike Baker  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Asheville, NC
OCC

??? Who cares ???

#358838 - 02/18/11 11:19 am Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: Mike Baker]  
Kent Shaun Online content
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Tell you what to do here lads, get hold of the TV station thats put this show together, and inform them that in 2014, a bunch of lads will be riding Old Brits across America, you can even tell them there's a fat guy with a droppy tash going wink

And once I've got me a load of $$$ I'll stand my round at the bar bigt

Now if THAT ain't no TV show worth watching, I don't know what is laughing

We'll have all the wiredos in THAT show, just sit there for a moment and ponder...

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
#358841 - 02/18/11 12:13 pm Re: Things must really be tight at OCC [Re: jays375]  
Ger B Offline
BritBike Forum member
Ger B  Offline
BritBike Forum member

NL
Quote:
Now if THAT ain't no TV show worth watching, I don't know what is

Will you be shouting and throwing things? If not I won't watch.
beerchug

Ger B

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.395s Queries: 16 (0.112s) Memory: 1.0053 MB (Peak: 1.3682 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-23 22:25:33 UTC