BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
The Bonneville Shop JRC Engineering dealers
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
T100Mark
T100Mark
Southern California
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
45 registered members (21inGoldie), 205 guests, and 361 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Tim Pedder, blayde54, Davenz13, Sean65, Rerock
10478 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 89
franko 78
Triless 69
Popular Topics(Views)
748,628 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,845
Posts670,611
Members10,478
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
AHRMA Trustees reaffirm "1968 Never Happened" #342879
11/12/10 2:37 pm
11/12/10 2:37 pm
FLOWERMOUND, TEXAS, 75022, USA
H
HUGOCT Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
HUGOCT  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
H

FLOWERMOUND, TEXAS, 75022, USA
Aonia Pass
Washington, Georgia
November 7, 2010

News Release

AHRMA Trustees voting on a motion made by Beno Rodi unanimously reaffirmed that 1968 never happened
Some people were stunned that this resolution was even necessary
Fuzzy Huto of AHRMA's dirttrack rules commitee was quoted as saying "I thought everyone knew that 1968 never happened"
AHRMA spokesperson Beno Rodi, the originator of the resolutiom said "
We know the Truth. We saw it with our own eyes. We were with Jeff Smith at the Last Supper paid for with his AHRMA expense account. We witnessed the miracles...We watched Him make the money disappear. He assures us that 1968 never happened. We believe Him
This reaffirmation is necessary in response to the rapidly spreading myth and heresy that 1968 happened. AHRMA has looked at the calenders...we have a 1967 and a 1969 but no 1968 ...it never happened. Look at Cycle World...December 1967 then comes January 1969.
This is a Satanic conspiracy and those folks are heretics guided by the antichrist. 1968 is the mark of the beast
It is all a myth..there never was a DT1 or YR2 Yamaha, a TR25W Triumph, a Suzuki T500, a Bultaco Bandido, Honda 350, Bridgestone 350, Sonicweld frames or any of that stuff
We take our mission of "rewriting history the way it should have been "very seriously and will not rest till we have exposed these liars for what they are
Next thing you know these people will be telling you my Royal Enfield wasn't raced in 1951 and my GTR wasn't raced in 1974
We have drawn a line on the race track....if we let one Oriental bike in, next thing it's the yellow horde."
Gary Nixon was very surprised to find out that he indeed had not won the AMA Grand National Championship in 1968 since it never happened and in another story all Neil Keen could say was "well I'll be damned" when informed that his successes with the Yamaha DT1 at SantaFe in 1968 were all a product of his imagination.
Rob McClendon, Bruce Argetsinger and Walt Metzler with "1968" written on their foreheads, were dragged from the meeting shouting "there was a 1968, there was a 1968" to which Rodi replied "Rob, how the Hell would you know you weren't even born then"
More to follow as the story develops

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: AHRMA Trustees reaffirm "1968 Never Happened" [Re: ] #343100
11/13/10 9:23 pm
11/13/10 9:23 pm
Greensboro, NC
Alan_nc Offline
BritBike Forum member
Alan_nc  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Greensboro, NC
Ben,

Besides the very real problems with overall management my main complaint with AHRMA is the "Stuck in Time" aspect. Yes we want to maintain a Vintage Group, but "Vintage" is a moving target. AHRMA needs to pick up some of the "newer" Vintage bikes (designs). We are now to the point where disc brakes are over 30 years old, gas shocks - the list can go on and on.

In Trials they have stopped at 74/75 (bike wise) and the rules we ride under are truly from the 50ies.

My opinion (yes we all have one) is that they would attract a much larger following if they would accept a few rules changes and open some categories for bikes not currently included.

just my .02

Alan
Cleared m out....left only
59 BSA Bantam (Trials)
78 Triumph Bonny (UPS)
02 Suzuki GS500

Moderated by  Allan Gill 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership