BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
paulberry
paulberry
Stamford
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
208 registered members (2ndchildhood), 1,561 guests, and 558 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Gerard, Regi, Doug Baril, revans, Gilly
9962 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 186
koan58 101
Stuart 85
NickL 69
Popular Topics(Views)
440,407 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,307
Posts632,161
Members9,962
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#338140 - 10/14/10 3:38 pm Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t  
Grandad Online content
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

The Crypt - South East England
Spider, on hearing the news that 15% ethanol is to be added to your gasoline just had to pen a quick cartoon to mark the occasion:

Last edited by Grandad; 10/14/10 7:06 pm.

--------------------------------

Don't nail that lid down - I'm still bloomin' breathing !!
Click here to see SPIDER cartoons!
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#338202 - 10/14/10 9:51 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
Graham Ham Offline
Private sponsor
Graham Ham  Offline
Private sponsor

South East England
Blimey Grandad .. just think, if they do that over here we'll constantly by running out of petrol.

Mr Ed will DRINK it all ?

It's a worry....

Good judgment comes from experience, but the most memorable experiences tend to come from bad judgment!

http://www.panther-publishing.co.uk/default.asp?contentID=18

#338305 - 10/15/10 1:18 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Graham Ham]  
Grandad Online content
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Well, if everyone starts introducing ethanol-laced fuel at least the Froggies over the other side of the channel might be able to get rid of their 'wine lake' at last! The trouble is that to get the alcohol out of these biofermentation-type fuel projects consumes a lot of energy. I wonder if anyone has done the sums properly to see if its all worth it! Furthermore, farmers stop growing food and switch to biofuels and we've already seen the detremental effects that had on food prices!

#338335 - 10/15/10 4:25 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
Don M. Offline
BritBike Forum member
Don M.  Offline
BritBike Forum member

California
The worst news I've heard about it is that Mexican farmers are replacing Blue Agave crops with sugar cane as it is more profitable. Blue Agave is the input for tequilla. Cheers, Don.

#338357 - 10/15/10 6:48 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
Roadwarrior Offline
Private Sponsor
Roadwarrior  Offline

Private Sponsor

El Dorado, California
We've had 10% for almost two years now. It's all that Bah Humbug global warming crap.

Bob

73 Triumph T140 Main Ride
70 Bonnie
67 BSA West Coast Hornet

56 Chevy

Who are the brain police?

#338382 - 10/15/10 8:03 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
Grandad Online content
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Oi Roadwarrior, stop trying to wind me up. You know I'm one of them 'deniers' who think that the UK gov is off its trolley buying into all that global warming nonsense. Bring back common sense I say!

#338402 - 10/15/10 9:53 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
BeezaBryan Online content
BritBike Forum member
BeezaBryan  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
Originally Posted By: Grandad
Oi ...... Bring back common sense I say!

Sorry Grandad, too late he is gone

Common Sense, aka C.S., lived a long life, but died from heart failure at the brink of the millennium. No one really knows how old he was, his birth records were long ago entangled in miles and miles of bureaucratic red tape.
Known affectionately to close friends as Horse Sense and Sound Thinking, he selflessly devoted himself to a life of service in homes, schools, hospitals and offices, helping folks get jobs done without a lot of fanfare, whooping and hollering. Rules and regulations and petty, frivolous lawsuits held no power over C.S.

A most reliable sage, he was credited with cultivating the ability to know when to come in out of the rain, the discovery that the early bird gets the worm and how to take the bitter with the sweet. C.S. also developed sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adult is in charge, not the kid) and prudent dietary plans (offset eggs and bacon with a little fiber and orange juice).

A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, the Technological Revolution and the Smoking Crusades, C.S. survived sundry cultural and educational trends including disco, the men's movement, body piercing, whole language and new math.

C.S.'s health began declining in the late 1960s when he became infected with the If-It-Feels-Good, Do-It virus. In the following decades his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal and state rules and regulations and an oppressive tax code. C.S. was sapped of strength and the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, criminals received better treatment than victims and judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional baseball and golf. His deterioration accelerated as schools implemented zero-tolerance policies. Reports of 6-year-old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing classmates, a teen suspended for taking a swig of Scope mouthwash after lunch, girls suspended for possessing Midol and an honor student expelled for having a table knife in her school lunch were more than his heart could endure.

As the end neared, doctors say C.S. drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments regarding regulations on low-flow toilets and mandatory air bags. Finally, upon hearing about a government plan to ban inhalers from 14 million asthmatics due to a trace of a pollutant that may be harmful to the environment, C.S. breathed his last. Services will be at Whispering Pines Cemetery. C.S. was preceded in death by his wife, Discretion; one daughter, Responsibility; and one son, Reason. He is survived by two step-brothers, Half-Wit and Dim-Wit.

Memorial Contributions may be sent to the Institute for Rational Thought.

Farewell, Common Sense. May you rest in peace.

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Bryan
BSA Owners Club UK
Ohio Valley BSAOC USA

#338405 - 10/15/10 10:10 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
Howie Offline
BritBike Forum member
Howie  Offline
BritBike Forum member

England
Hey Grandad,

Not only do you deny global warming, are you not also a member of the 'flat earth' society, and probably voted UKIP in the election.
I am reliably informed that lots of B Vitamins may help your condition :-)

your ever loving son

PP

#338461 - 10/16/10 8:06 am Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Howie]  
BritBike Forum member

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
Hey Howie!
I'm with Grandad bigt

Bryan
BSA Owners Club UK
Ohio Valley BSAOC USA

#338463 - 10/16/10 8:24 am Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Howie]  
Grandad Online content
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Oi Howie,
We've had this argument before. Common sense says that carbon dioxide cannot be a 'pollutant' because ALL life depends on it and its only a trace gas anyway. The climate changes naturally all the time, hence the little ice age of Dickens' time. We are still rebounding from that. My grief is that western governments are making momentous (and potentially disastrous) economic decisions based on very poor science! I'm currently ashamed to be a called a scientist!

Hey Bryan, what brought that on! well done lad!

#338468 - 10/16/10 9:33 am Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
Ger B Offline
BritBike Forum member
Ger B  Offline
BritBike Forum member

NL
Welcome, Granddad.
You are now, with Salmon Rusdy, The Danish cartoon artist,
and many others a member of a group of people who are critisised for their art.

Some years ago yours truly was critisised by the Dutch anti swearing movement,
for using some, what they called: bad words, in a book, in a dialog between
street children in Rio de Janeiro. We all know about Salmon Rusdy
and the Danish gentleman (I do not remember his name).
This week the mentioned Dutch movement cried blasfemy over an award winning youth novel,
because God was a key figure in the story (He obviously forgot something when
He created animals and God is not supposed to be able to forget things)...

So now it's your turn.
Consider it an honour.

beerchug

Ger B

#338486 - 10/16/10 12:09 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
MikeG Online content
BritBike Forum member
MikeG  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

New Hampshier USA
Bryan-thats the best explanation I've heard yet! bigt And Grandad-now you've given the local law enforcement types yet another reason to stop us riders, an open container of alcohol within the drivers compartment eek It won't apply to four wheelers cause the filler is outside the car but I can see them now looking at every bike going by to see if they have a straw sticking out of the filler cap laugh

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
#338496 - 10/16/10 1:51 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
Howie Offline
BritBike Forum member
Howie  Offline
BritBike Forum member

England
Hey Grandad,

Dont worry, I've seen your recent experiments at the camps, I suspect the Scientific community excommunicated you a while back.
Those experiments were about as successfull as your global warming theory is valid.
Dont forget you were nearly ejected from Belgium for giving thier nice parking area a molten wax coating :-)

PP

#338507 - 10/16/10 3:06 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
BritBike Forum member

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
Hey Bryan, what brought that on! well done lad!
You did Grandad beerchug

Being as the death of Commonsense is acknowledged on both sides of the water there are a couple of variations of his obituary, there being a predominance of US readers here I chose the colonial version.

Bryan
BSA Owners Club UK
Ohio Valley BSAOC USA

#338536 - 10/16/10 9:04 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Howie]  
Grandad Online content
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Howie, you miss the point. Those camp experiments were SUPPOSED to fail. I'm sure you remember the great Tommy Cooper's famous magic shows on TV where he was at his funniest when his tricks spectacularly failed!
Anyway, the sight of Shaun and all the lads cowering behind shelter waiting for an almighty bang that never came was priceless!

Now I've got them conditioned to expect failure think of the shock they'll get when one actually works!
OK, so the wax-bomb thingy failed in Belgium but even you must admit it worked spectacularly at the Rabbit rally. I think my eyebrows are nearly back to normal now!

#338537 - 10/16/10 9:33 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Grandad]  
Howie Offline
BritBike Forum member
Howie  Offline
BritBike Forum member

England
So, on that basis, what you are saying is that it was your deliberate intention to cover that nice Belgium parking area with wax and then blame Tommy Cooper..

PP

#338596 - 10/17/10 1:30 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Howie]  
Graham Ham Offline
Private sponsor
Graham Ham  Offline
Private sponsor

South East England
Originally Posted By: Howie
So, on that basis, what you are saying is that it was your deliberate intention to cover that nice Belgium parking area with wax and then blame Tommy Cooper..

PP

All I can say then, is 'Good Man!'

laugh

Good judgment comes from experience, but the most memorable experiences tend to come from bad judgment!

http://www.panther-publishing.co.uk/default.asp?contentID=18

#338607 - 10/17/10 1:59 pm Re: Spider hears that the States are adding ethanol t [Re: Graham Ham]  
Kent Shaun Online content
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Grandad lad, you don't NEED to fail at experiments to make us laugh lad, just get that stinking wet suit from Split Ring, seeing you put your foot into the arm hole STILL has me crying with laughter lad laughing clap

I HOPE the Penguin comes to the camp at the end of the month, then you'll HAVE to put it on, I'd pay good money to see that AGAIN laughing

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.266s Queries: 15 (0.021s) Memory: 0.9372 MB (Peak: 1.2145 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-25 05:52:01 UTC