BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
Jwood & co JRC Engineering dealers Jwood & co
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
29 registered members (Alan_nc), 209 guests, and 459 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
hondapete1950, Gaspare, eberhard, Norman Woollons, LandoLando
10257 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Stuart 77
Lannis 56
Popular Topics(Views)
610,291 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,138
Posts651,518
Members10,257
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BSA bits bagged and tagged as I buckle in for a major blizzard #289821
12/19/09 2:41 pm
12/19/09 2:41 pm
West Chester, pennsylvania. US...
Matt smith Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Matt smith  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
The biggest December snow storm to hit the North East in 100 years is upon me. I'm debating on shoveling a path to my unheated garage (well I have a tiny space heater) to clean up the cylinder head and reassemble the engine (which I unfortunately pulled apart before getting advice from you guys). Maybe I should just stay inside with my wife and dogs....

meandthismotorcycle.blogspot.com
smokeandthrottle.blogspot.com
Triumphs and BSA's, a few... I'm a hoarder.

“I don’t mind the Ten Commandments, I believe in the Ten Commandments. The first one, ‘I am the Lord thy God,’ is a great commandment—if it’s not said by the wrong people.”

—Bob Dylan, introducing the song “Masters of War” at New York City Town Hall, 12 April 1963.
Support your #1 BSA Forum and our favorite sponsors

Check out BSA on e-bay: BSA Parts in UK, BSA Motorcycles in UK, BSA Parts in North America, BSA Motorcycles in North America

Re: BSA bits bagged and tagged as I buckle in for a major blizzard [Re: Matt smith] #289830
12/19/09 3:14 pm
12/19/09 3:14 pm
SCarolina
B
BSAonAnyDay Offline
BritBike Forum member
BSAonAnyDay  Offline
BritBike Forum member
B
SCarolina
Yea I wouldn't want to risk it, space heater isn't enough... Going to have to move your bike in the house smile

They don't flatter you; they educate you.
1939 BSA M20
1948 BSA C10
1953 BSA C11
1970 BSA A65T
1973 Triumph TR7RV
Re: BSA bits bagged and tagged as I buckle in for a major blizzard [Re: BSAonAnyDay] #289833
12/19/09 3:21 pm
12/19/09 3:21 pm
Matt smith Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Matt smith  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Ha, I even cringe about asking her to bring a set of wheels into the house for truing. She's not a motorcycle fan...

I'm sure at some point today I'll venture out to the garage even if it's just for a quick gaze at my projects

matt

meandthismotorcycle.blogspot.com
smokeandthrottle.blogspot.com
Triumphs and BSA's, a few... I'm a hoarder.

“I don’t mind the Ten Commandments, I believe in the Ten Commandments. The first one, ‘I am the Lord thy God,’ is a great commandment—if it’s not said by the wrong people.”

—Bob Dylan, introducing the song “Masters of War” at New York City Town Hall, 12 April 1963.
Re: BSA bits bagged and tagged as I buckle in for a major blizzard [Re: Matt smith] #289836
12/19/09 3:36 pm
12/19/09 3:36 pm
SCarolina
B
BSAonAnyDay Offline
BritBike Forum member
BSAonAnyDay  Offline
BritBike Forum member
B
SCarolina
Haha yea I hear ya. My grlfriend is still getting used to my fascination with old Brit iron. She was thrilled when she came over to check out my new apartment and found not one but two A65 engines and a dismantled C11 in my bedroom. Then I made the mistake of telling her I rent a shop too. They're still there too but I have to go to her house haha. Had to explain this is what I was raised on. My dad kept his 1942 Harley davidson 45 cu. In. In the living room . My garage doesn't have any reliable heat source so most of my projects this winter will be done in my house which I also don't heat but hey it's out of the wind haha. Guess I shouldn't plan on getting my security deposit back... Hard to explain oil stains in the carpet... Need to invest in some tarps

They don't flatter you; they educate you.
1939 BSA M20
1948 BSA C10
1953 BSA C11
1970 BSA A65T
1973 Triumph TR7RV
Re: BSA bits bagged and tagged as I buckle in for a major blizzard [Re: BSAonAnyDay] #289856
12/19/09 5:37 pm
12/19/09 5:37 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline
BritBike Forum member
R
Ohio
Heh, lessee....
Dude, I must admit my admiration for your neatness. NONE of that gene is apparent in me...

Future wif brings me home from SoCal, to Ohio....INCLUDING all the bikes, bits, parts, and other refuse....

Hitched the next year....

1st year anniversary present; '55 CB 34 GS.

Through the years, I've learned my boundaries; Bring stuff into the house to work on, where it's warm [ fall, winter, & early spring ], as long as it has disappeared before I go to bed & leaves no marks or stains, I am OK!

So, spread those tarps, newspapers, whatever has to be there.

She doesn't complain about the 4 projects in the garage ...Oops, 5... Or the assembly projects in the basement... Amongst all the bits, parts, and pieces, along with the other refuse.....

much.... ...

And that's besides the 10 x 25 storage unit she pays for, with all the other bikes, back-burner projects, parts, pieces, and other refuse!

26.5 years now [ 25.5 hitched, and only gettin' better! ], this team work is great.

The Daughter on the other hand, HOUNDS me to GET RID OF THAT
#$@^**&^%&* JUNQUE *&%#%%$y&*&$%,
BEFORE it becomes her & her Mom's chore!

....Gotta figure out how to use fleabay.... I guess..... Too much pack-rat in the family genes I guess....

Enjoy the bug-tusslin', it's part of life. But learn to give and take, y'know? Learn the boundaries, and make each other's time on this earth, Happy, Together.

Re: BSA bits bagged and tagged as I buckle in for a major blizzard [Re: Rickman] #289987
12/20/09 8:35 am
12/20/09 8:35 am
Gnashville
DavidP Offline

BritBike Forum member
DavidP  Offline

BritBike Forum member
Gnashville
I almost wish it would snow here.
I keep putting off the Winter maintenance. I just know that as soon as I make her unrideable, we'll get a freak three days of 60-degree sunny weather.

Right after I figure out how to light this darn gas fireplace.

Stepping on others doesn't make you stand tall.

71 A65L "Zelda"
92 BMW K100rs "Gustav"
72 T120V cafe project "Mr. Jim"

Moderated by  Allan Gill, Jon W. Whitley 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership