BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
JWood Auctions JRC Engineering dealers JWood Auctions
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
mike treloar
mike treloar
new zealand
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
43 registered members (Adam M.), 201 guests, and 55 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Championhomer, TROUBLE, Nazer, locobeta, Walt
10390 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 95
Mori55 89
Triless 88
Rohan 84
reverb 79
Stuart 76
btour 69
DavidP 68
Popular Topics(Views)
692,012 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,056
Posts662,235
Members10,390
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Grandad... #288931
12/14/09 1:59 pm
12/14/09 1:59 pm
Kent Garden of England
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Well I see that Grandad's post on Global warming has nearly 1800 viewers shocked So I guess he's the best person to ask this question? And as it MIGHT help I thought I'd make it an 'Open' question, so I've post it on here...

Grandad lad, the bloke over the road has one of them Wind Mill things on his roof, so I'm guessing he's getting FREE electric? Now lad this got me to thinking, what IF I had me a Solar panel fitted to the house, AND a wind mill. Would that mean I can have FREE heating and lights in the fettling shed smile

And if this IS the case, why don't our chums over the pond do this? Yes I KNOW the cost at first is high, but surely after a few years of free heat and light, you'd get that back? And if it means I cut me bills down, then that's more money in the bin for BEER grin

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Grandad... [Re: Kent Shaun] #288940
12/14/09 2:29 pm
12/14/09 2:29 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
I'm feeling old like a Grandad these days, so I'll put my stick in even though you didn't ask.

1) Sol-ar Panels only work when the Sol is shining.
2) Windmills only work if your AVERAGE wind speed is 12 MPH or more. Maybe in Ramsgate, but not on your average Chatham hillside.
3) Assuming you DID have lots of sunshine, and you DID have lots of wind, it's about $50K (£35K your money) to set up an installation that would pull your house and shop load and still let you hook up to the grid when it's dark out (happens every day in some places) or the wind isn't blowing. It would take an average person about 30 years for there to be payback on that.

So that's why. If you get that £35,000 laying around, let me know, I've got some better ideas how to spend it ... !

Lannis

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is really going to be upset.
Re: Grandad... [Re: Lannis] #288950
12/14/09 4:02 pm
12/14/09 4:02 pm
Kent
KarlB Offline
BritBike Forum member
KarlB  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Kent
Grandad may be quiet but he can stir it up...

Talking of solar power, my neighbour was a bit miffed as he's now discovered that his fancy solar panel garden lights won't charge up cause it's too cold for the poor batteries (and a tad dark somedays).

But then again a few folk try charging up car and bike batteries in cold sheds and garages, it just won't work if it's near freezing. Best take the battery into the house and charge it up there or get a big heater for the shed... smile

KarlB
Wondering what the next project will be!
Re: Grandad... [Re: KarlB] #288959
12/14/09 5:06 pm
12/14/09 5:06 pm
The Crypt - South East England
Grandad Offline
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Shaun mate,

I'm with Lannis on this one. IMHO, Windmills and solar panels are not currently (sorry about the pun) a good investment, especially if your house is heated by gas. Much better to get your property fully insulated cos you get a government grant for doing it which takes a fair amount of the cost away.

Last edited by Grandad; 12/14/09 6:22 pm.

--------------------------------

Don't nail that lid down - I'm still bloomin' breathing !!
Click here to see SPIDER cartoons!
Re: Grandad... [Re: KarlB] #288962
12/14/09 5:32 pm
12/14/09 5:32 pm
British Columbia
hh Offline
BritBike Forum member
hh  Offline
BritBike Forum member

British Columbia
Originally Posted By: KarlB
Grandad may be quiet but he can stir it up...

Talking of solar power, my neighbour was a bit miffed as he's now discovered that his fancy solar panel garden lights won't charge up cause it's too cold for the poor batteries (and a tad dark somedays).

But then again a few folk try charging up car and bike batteries in cold sheds and garages, it just won't work if it's near freezing. Best take the battery into the house and charge it up there or get a big heater for the shed... smile

The problem with his lights is that the charging is not temperature compensated. A battery can be charged easily at freezing or even -40 as long as the voltage is temperature appropriate. At -40, the cell voltage required is 2.74V compared to 2.3V at 50 C.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
Re: Grandad... [Re: Lannis] #288969
12/14/09 6:07 pm
12/14/09 6:07 pm
Kent Garden of England
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Lannis lad, now just wait one cotton picking minute thar BOY, the lad who lives across the road, wouldn't have paid £35,000 or $50,000 for that thing sitting on he's roof. More like £300 or so? And there it is spinning like a top most days, it MUST be doing something, he's got a million Christmas lights all over the house shocked

I'm just thinking of the future here lad, the wonderful govenment, has stolen all my pension money, and if I get to be as old as Grandad. I don't fancy paying some Money Grabbing French (the French own our electricity company) Bar Steward, all my pension, just so I can read me Four Bob News Paper in the warm mad

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Re: Grandad... [Re: Kent Shaun] #288974
12/14/09 6:46 pm
12/14/09 6:46 pm
Grandad Offline
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Tut tut Shaun,
What a gloriously politically incorrect offering. First, you upset me by calling me 'old' instead of 'venerable' then you suggest that all Frenchmen are tight-fisted scrooges whose parentage is in doubt. If I was a PC buff I'd be chewing lumps out of the carpet!

I tell ya one thing though, if the French had their way we'd have a more sensible electricity supply system based on nuclear energy.

Re: Grandad... [Re: Grandad] #288982
12/14/09 7:45 pm
12/14/09 7:45 pm
Pennsyltuckey
ricochetrider Online content

Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
shaun, my brother...

look around you bro. i recall seeing at LEAST one small wind turbine on one of your neighbors' roofs. look farther afield. these things are virtually everywhere.

any time a *new* technology pops up, there are gonna be a whole world of people who will try to talk you out of going with it.

too expensive
ya gotta have X units of ???
slow return on the investment
it's noisy
it's ugly
my fossil fuels have always worked for me

these are the typical arguments you are likely to hear...
BUT LOOK AROUND YOU.

begin by knocking on your neighbor's door and simply saying,
"listen mate, i fancy one of these wind mill thingy's but honestly have NO IDEA about them. i have admired yours. can i pump you for some info about the costs, savings, etc., please?"
go to the local library. find a local business and ask THEM...
heck just ASK THE POWER COMPANY!

chances are the neighbor guy is such a freak for this bit (i mean he HAS one right?) that he will be delighted to talk about it with you. walk over with a couple beers or a bottle of something and ask him for a minute.

GO FOR IT in other words...
basically, from what i can tell, for a RELATIVE few bucks, you could get into something that'll REDUCE your energy costs. long haul. short haul. WHATEVER. you LIKE paying the power companies? utilise the forces that nature provides bro. all you gotta do is walk out of the house to find them.

as energy costs soar, more and more people are gonna go this way. the technology is advancing, the efficiency rates are higher and OK it might cost you to get started...but people ARE doing it. right in your neighborhood. why blather on and on about how it WON'T WORK? guess what. it DOES WORK. ask your neighbors bro.

dude, i can tell you this:
if i had a house where any alternative energy products were even remotely viable, i'd be GOING FOR IT. i would definitely at least look into it. it's the 21st century man. get WITH it.
if you can spend a few hundred or even a couple thousand bucks to cut your energy costs, you have empowered yourself, and you're covering your own usages to boot. why pay the power conglomerates any more than you HAVE TO? look around the UK and Europe bro- there's a lot of thought going into both alternative energy and efficiency.

to not take advantage of some hot new(ish) thought and process is to deny oneself the Full Benefit of Life in This Modern World....

http://www.altestore.com/store/media/pdfs/WindTurbinePrimer_AltEnergyStore.pdf

http://www.magnet4less.com/index.php?cPath=8_116

http://www.fortiswindenergy.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRXxeTm6ik&feature=related

http://www.eon-uk.com/media/energymenu.aspx

Last edited by ricochetrider; 12/14/09 7:46 pm.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Re: Grandad... [Re: Kent Shaun] #288996
12/14/09 9:11 pm
12/14/09 9:11 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: Kent Shaun
Lannis lad, now just wait one cotton picking minute thar BOY, the lad who lives across the road, wouldn't have paid £35,000 or $50,000 for that thing sitting on he's roof. More like £300 or so? And there it is spinning like a top most days, it MUST be doing something ...

It IS doing something, Shaun!! It's getting his neighbors to say "Hey, look what HE'S doing!"

But there's no way that little thing is hooked into your British 240V power grid. He may be using it to charge a battery to run his Christmas lights or something, and if he is, more power to him (so to speak; hey that was like Grandad's 'current' pun!).

But that's DC power, and can't be used for much. If you run it through an inverter to get AC, you lose a bunch of it, then there's the cost and disposal of the battery, etc.

I think it was Ulysses Grant who said "It's better to do the wrong thing energetically than to do nothing at all". If you go along with that, then by all means go on with a windmill! The "feel good" part of it might be worth the extra money.

Just don't expect to be buying anyone an ale with the savings ... ! And we're organizing a field trip to head up to Tom's house and see how his solar/wind co-generation setup is working, sometime soon. He's a builder sort of guy; it'll be easier for him than most people, so he should be one of the first ... bigt

Lannis

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is really going to be upset.
Re: Grandad... [Re: ricochetrider] #288998
12/14/09 9:24 pm
12/14/09 9:24 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: ricochetrider
shaun, my brother...

if i had a house where any alternative energy products were even remotely viable, i'd be GOING FOR IT.

Funny how that works, isn't it? confused I mean, here you are, one of the biggest advocates of "Going For It", which is a laudable and wonderful thing clap... but you don't even consider it possible for you. eek

Most other Americans have got the SAME issues as you do with it. It just isn't "remotely viable"; they're renting, they move too often, there's not enough wind, it's too expensive, it's not the right place etc etc.

I cut my own wood, maintain my own road, push my own snow, built my own house, pump my own water, plow my own garden, haul my own trash, shoot some of my own meat. I'm ALL about self-sufficiency, do-it-yourself, get off the grid, save money. BeLIEVE me, bro, it's NOT just fear of the unknown or inability to change or not being self-sufficient thats stopping me from generating my own electricity. It's cold hard facts ... 2c

But don't let ME stop you! beerchug

Lannis

Re: Grandad... [Re: Lannis] #289003
12/14/09 10:09 pm
12/14/09 10:09 pm
South East England
G
Graham Ham Offline
Private sponsor
Graham Ham  Offline
Private sponsor
G

South East England
Tom,

Sorry Bro, but I am *utterly* unconvinced. In fact, that first link you put up ? Did you read it, all the way through ? It did a damned good job of CONVINCING me it ain't a sensible option for most of us.

Same goes Solar. in FACT I know a chap in Broadstairs, with more money than sense, who has invested in this for his splendid house. He freely admits that he was 'sold a pup' - The technology delivers him savings, but those savings are NOTHING like the expectation he had, and he's now realised that he'll NEVER get his money back, because by the time he gets even CLOSE to that ideal, the system will need replacing !

He's had it 18 months, and reckons he's saving about £200 per year. Trouble is the system cost £12,000 to install, and has a 'life' of 'up to' 15 years.

For MY part, I reckon that the time WILL come where the technology becomes viable for 'Joe Normal' but I reckon that's a while away yet ?

Jus' Sayin' is all.

bigt

Good judgment comes from experience, but the most memorable experiences tend to come from bad judgment!

http://www.panther-publishing.co.uk/default.asp?contentID=18

Re: Grandad... [Re: Graham Ham] #289012
12/14/09 10:53 pm
12/14/09 10:53 pm
Tasmania - Gateway to Antarcti...
Tasman Offline
BritBike Forum member
Tasman  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Tasmania - Gateway to Antarcti...
Ok, time for my two bobs worth. I know from experience the solar panels were efficient enough to charge off a full moon or on an overcast day 25 years ago. I assume they would have become more efficient since then.
Can you not have some solar and or wind generated elecricity and still be hooked up to the grid? We can and the power company gives you a rebate on your electricity bill. The more trickery you make, the more they take off your bill. You could be out bimbling and your house is making money for you while everybody elses is costing.
When time and money permit thats the way I'll be going. I'll have a couple of solar panels and a small Savonius rotor to generate trickery from the wind. I can't remember too many cloudy days with no wind so I should be generating practically every day.
Have you considered small water turbines in your downpipes? With all that rain you get in Blighty it seems a shame to waste it laughing

"Live the life you love, find a god you trust and don't take it all too seriously"

Pre-units rule!

Mid fifties Triumph T100
Re: Grandad... [Re: Graham Ham] #289016
12/14/09 11:21 pm
12/14/09 11:21 pm
Pennsyltuckey
ricochetrider Online content

Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
hey,
i AM saying i'd be looking very seriously at the POSSIBILITIES for myself if and when i ever get into the position where i can save myself even a few dollars annually on energy costs. where's the harm in spending 1000.00 on a smallish wind mill for the roof-top which will save even 5or 10 bucks a month? why WOULDN'T you do that, if it were at all windy where you live? i'm also saying shaun should go talk to his neighbor to see just what THAT GUY'S FACTS ARE. and maybe look at wind-speed averages for his hill-top locale?

if it is so NOT do-able, then why are we seeing more and more of this stuff around? every day, there's another wind mill, another set of solar panels. think all those windmills off liverpool in the irish sea are just a waste of time? what about the huge solar panel fields around the world? why are more and more people installing small-scale systems in and on their homes? why have power companies embraced this technology? why do governments give grants for any of this? have ALL these companies and folks simply ignored all the super-hot, up to the minute info YOU guys have at your finger tips? are they all simply tossing their money into the breeze?

i will freely admit i am not up to minute on this stuff- because it isn't anything i'm gonna do RIGHT NOW. but i AM saying i'd be willing to go the distance to save myself some bucks even if it was only 5% of my total energy costs. what i am also saying is that i celebrate any and all technological advances. if i happen to ever wind up building a home for myself, you can certainly bet it'll be a wonder of modern-world, energy efficient, high tech appliances and heating/cooling systems. my IDEAL house would also be right on a river bank and would feature a water-driven electrical generator of SOME Sort...

as time goes by, the technology will develop further.
by the time your *new* system is obsolete, what is then available will likely be FAR more affordable and efficient. whether or not the use of the natural sources for energy -which are plentiful- is viable economically or efficiency wise RIGHT NOW is almost moot with me. the very concept is dead-on, and in our life time, i FIRMLY believe that we will see the moment when this IS something which will be as mainstream as television.

there are a lot of very smart people here at bb.com...no doubt about it. many who are smarter than i am, i'm certain. but man i gotta say, this is NOT (by and large) a group i would expect to embrace the hottest, latest, most innovative technologies as they become available for public use...and that is NO slam to you guys, HONESTLY!

NO paradigm shift EVER came to be without massive resistance.
wind
water current/tidal forces
geo-thermal
solar
high-efficiency heating/cooling
energy saving appliances
on-demand hot water heaters
and YES grandad, even insulation...
ANYTHING to have even the slightest edge up, in reducing both cost AND consumption.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Re: Grandad... [Re: Tasman] #289040
12/15/09 2:02 am
12/15/09 2:02 am
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: tasman

When time and money permit thats the way I'll be going.

Me too. But I don't expect it to be in my lifetime!

Lannis

Re: Grandad... [Re: ricochetrider] #289041
12/15/09 1:57 am
12/15/09 1:57 am
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: ricochetrider
hey,

why do governments give grants for any of this? have ALL these companies and folks simply ignored all the super-hot, up to the minute info YOU guys have at your finger tips? are they all simply tossing their money into the breeze?

A straight answer to a straight question.

Answer: YES, they are.

Lannis

Re: Grandad... [Re: Lannis] #289052
12/15/09 3:36 am
12/15/09 3:36 am
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Dammit Gordon, I had SUCH a good post typed up to that one you posted and then deleted!

I've half a notion to post it anyway, but it wouldn't make much sense now (or maybe then, but that's another story).

It's not personal, really it's not. We're just in territory that I know a little about because I make a living at it ....

Lannis

Re: Grandad... [Re: Kent Shaun] #289075
12/15/09 11:12 am
12/15/09 11:12 am
Derbyshire UK
BeezaBryan Offline

BritBike Forum member
BeezaBryan  Offline

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
Shaun, I remember seeing this windmill thing, the type that B&Q were pushing, across the road from your home one time when me & 'er was waiting for you to return from purchasing DIY supplies.
What we did notice was although there was quite a breeze the blades NEVER moved.
Thought us at the time what a waste of money
And I reckon we were right

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/georgemonbiot/2009/feb/10/renewableenergy-windpower

I would have spent GBP1500 much more wisely, some with Continental Airlines, maybe a little with Norfolk Line or P&O Ferries for instance. Definitely not on a wind turbine or with DFDS North Sea ferries.

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the rideā€¯
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan

Re: Grandad... [Re: BeezaBryan] #289079
12/15/09 12:17 pm
12/15/09 12:17 pm
Grandad Offline
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Hey Shaun,
Spider (encouraged by Graham) couldn’t resist taking a dig at you with a little cartoon!

Re: Grandad... [Re: Grandad] #289083
12/15/09 1:22 pm
12/15/09 1:22 pm
upstate ny
G
George Elston Offline
BritBike Forum member
George Elston  Offline
BritBike Forum member
G

upstate ny
Shaun
Step right up lad . I gots eggsactly what you need. It's my super deluxe patented phlogiston detector. Just activate the machine and walk around your neighborhood. When the alarm goes off on the unit you will have found a pocket of phlogiston. The machine automatically siphons the phlogiston into the attached storage container. A second alarm will sound when the container is full. Remove the phlogiston storage container and hook it to the Home Power Generation unit( optional at extra cost). Each full phlogiston container will power your electric toothbrush for up to 34 seconds depending on the efficiency of the toothbrush. If you are interested in this revolutionary device you need only PM me and I will forward complete details and cost .

Lannis
Among you many accomplishments listed above you say you pump your own water. As I'm sure you are away from home enough that you don't hand pump it as needed could you enlighten me on how you do it in a non electrical manner? Water ram?
George

57 Woodsman
64 Interceptor
58 Trailblazer
59 Constellation
64 500 Sport twin
61 Hornet

2001 W650
1966 W1
Re: Grandad... [Re: George Elston] #289106
12/15/09 4:13 pm
12/15/09 4:13 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: George Elston
Shaun

Lannis
Among you many accomplishments listed above you say you pump your own water. As I'm sure you are away from home enough that you don't hand pump it as needed could you enlighten me on how you do it in a non electrical manner? Water ram?

George

George -

I wouldn't hardly call these "accomplishments". When I look at the things that my grandparents had to do to provide themselves a place to live, and to survive every day, I've got it EASY-peasy, man.

Or when I look at what most of the world has to do to get by, I'm lazy by comparison.

I was just trying to illustrate, and provide a little evidence that I'm not afraid to try new, self-reliant sorts of things, despite hints to the contrary. If it looked like bragging, I didn't mean to; like I said, I'm downright lazy compared to some.

When I say "pump my own water", I mean that the municipality doesn't pipe water to my house, just like they don't provide gas or trash removal service. I had a man dig me a well, and I installed an electric pump in it.

People who have lived their whole life on city water are shocked that when the electricity goes off (which it does often on our little cooperative), I don't have any water in the house and have to haul it in buckets from the spring.

I just surveyed my creek for a hydraulic ram for watering the garden. My garden spot is 37 feet above the creek at the nearest spot, and if I go 300 feet up the creek, I get 7 feet of fall, which is enough for pretty good flow from a ram. Takes a lot of pipe, though; rigid pipe from the dam to the ram, and flexible pipe from the ram to the garden. One of these days, once the bikes are fettled .... !

Lannis

Re: Grandad... [Re: Lannis] #289109
12/15/09 5:00 pm
12/15/09 5:00 pm
upstate ny
G
George Elston Offline
BritBike Forum member
George Elston  Offline
BritBike Forum member
G

upstate ny
Lannis
Didn't think you were bragging. Was just hoping you had found an innovative "green" (cough cough) method of pumping it. I live just outside a little hamlet and our genius town supervisor is hell bent on getting water and sewer down here. Never mind that its only a couple houses that are close together and have water\sewer issues he wants us to pay for them. We're fortunate to have tons of good clean groundwater. Even better we have an old open cistern on the hill behind the house. It used to fill the RR water tank for the West Shore trains across the road. Summer or winter rain or drought I've never seen it change level. On the neighbors land but we can just start a siphon and have all the (nonpotable) garden water we need.
George

57 Woodsman
64 Interceptor
58 Trailblazer
59 Constellation
64 500 Sport twin
61 Hornet

2001 W650
1966 W1
Re: Grandad... [Re: Lannis] #289112
12/15/09 5:22 pm
12/15/09 5:22 pm
Stone Creek OH USA
R
Rich B Offline

BritBike Forum member
Rich B  Offline

BritBike Forum member
R

Stone Creek OH USA
Lannis sez:

"One of these days, once the bikes are fettled .... !"

At the rate of progress you are making on the bikes, we probably have a better chance of an ice sheet covering northern Ohio again than you getting a hydraulic ram installed laughing laugh

Life is too short to drink cheap, bad beer.
Re: Grandad... [Re: Rich B] #289113
12/15/09 5:27 pm
12/15/09 5:27 pm
upstate ny
G
George Elston Offline
BritBike Forum member
George Elston  Offline
BritBike Forum member
G

upstate ny
Rich
If you start that Morgan will have to merge this thread with the global warming\cooling thread. Ice sheet in Ohio. Harumph.

57 Woodsman
64 Interceptor
58 Trailblazer
59 Constellation
64 500 Sport twin
61 Hornet

2001 W650
1966 W1
Re: Grandad... [Re: George Elston] #289114
12/15/09 5:32 pm
12/15/09 5:32 pm
Stone Creek OH USA
R
Rich B Offline

BritBike Forum member
Rich B  Offline

BritBike Forum member
R

Stone Creek OH USA
George sez:

"Ice sheet in Ohio. Harumph."

It has alread happened once that we know of in the geologic record.....it can happen again, unlike Lannis getting all of his bikes fettled at the same time laughing

Life is too short to drink cheap, bad beer.
Re: Grandad... [Re: Rich B] #289117
12/15/09 5:39 pm
12/15/09 5:39 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: Rich B
George sez:

"Ice sheet in Ohio. Harumph."

It has alread happened once that we know of in the geologic record.....it can happen again, unlike Lannis getting all of his bikes fettled at the same time laughing

It's a fair cop, but society is to blame ... Hey, what about you though? You're talking about selling off projects! THAT'S a wimpy way out if I may say so; why don't you get some of them on the road, then you won't WANT to sell them!

Lannis

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership