BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
JWood Auctions JRC Engineering dealers JWood Auctions
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Soup Dragon
Soup Dragon
South Cotswolds, England
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
19 registered members (Alan_nc), 193 guests, and 435 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Konaflyer, Begbie, Andrew Fallo, Zack Banks, 1966g10
10418 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 89
Rohan 81
Triless 77
reverb 75
Popular Topics(Views)
710,228 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,305
Posts665,025
Members10,418
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Future Journey #273580
09/07/09 1:23 am
09/07/09 1:23 am
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
I'm not sure where this will truely need to be posted, but here goes;

In two years' time, I will need to have a pair of not entirely stock A-10's built up. They may be only half A-10..... Or some variation in between....

My brother and nephew are expecting these bikes to be ready to ride, from Columbus, Ohio, back west to Oregon. While I am not sure of the route they will be taking, I have suggested they take the time to see the countryside, and not use any superslabs, as much as possible.
I know there are places out west, where any knowledgeable shops are few and FAR between!
Being it will be in the summer time, I expect them to stay in the northern states, in as straight a line as possible? Miss all the desert type of high heat.... Although Wyoming tundra country side can get pretty warm!

I'd like to start to get a list of people they might call in an emergency? Shops locations? Places to see along the way? Maybe be able to post their progress? Any suggestions? I'd rather have anyone's help address sent privately to me, as I don't wish to spread the info all over the net, y'know? Send info to " Rickman56@gmail.com "

They aren't really bike savvy, so I know this may turn into a nightmare.... That is why I told them two years; Time for them to accumulate a cash reserve, and time for me to build and sort out the two bikes, make certain I'd ride them that far.

So, something I've needed to find anyway, anybody's suggestions on where to go, to have cams and followers reground smooth, especially when one has several sets. This is going to be pricey enough as it is! { I have 3 or 4 other bikes as projects... } GOTS to make these two as reliable as possible!

I _MIGHT_ be able to ride with them a day or two out, but all the way to Oregon and then back, unless I really feel up to it, doesn't seem to make sense..... Depending on the time of year, maybe to that big Iowa event I keep hearing tantalizing rumors about? Or maybe out to the Black Hills shenanigans? I'll have to wait and see what anyone suggests....

Maybe see if anyone might like to ride parts of their route with them, it would be something different to do, someone else to ride with, if only once.... Be able to show them where to eat, other than fast food garbage, neat little hide-away camping spots, off the beaten trail, so to speak... I don't know if they will have any time to spare for out-of-the-way great road rides.... I expect their butts will be sore enough as it is!!!!
Brett

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #273596
09/07/09 3:37 am
09/07/09 3:37 am
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Sounds like they could have a really GREAT time ...

.... but I've never heard of anyone taking off on a trip like this, on old British bikes, where the riders (or at least half of them) weren't thoroughly familiar with their bikes, and had the tools and knowledge to, say, replace a magneto, strip a clutch, reset valves, replace wheel bearings, or fix a leaky carb float.

You can always get a shop to overnight UPS parts to you (EXCEPT on a weekend), but if you don't have tools and ability to install and adjust them, it won't help much.

Every long trip I've taken on a BSA, I either went it alone with a full set of tools, spares, and knowhow to use them, OR I was with a group of guys who could fix anything except a broken crank or a cracked engine case on the side of the road.

Any particular reason your brother and nephew have picked A10s for this trip? A pair of properly sorted A10s (especially with tasteful upgrades) wouldn't have a problem with a trip like that, but they seem an odd choice for first time BritBikers .... ?

Or maybe that's just me, worrying like an old maid. The young fellows will probably take off and have a grand time, even if a bike blows up. The story of "let me tell you what happened THEN!" can be the best part of a trip!

Lannis

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is really going to be upset.
Re: Future Journey [Re: Lannis] #273610
09/07/09 7:13 am
09/07/09 7:13 am
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
OK Lannis,
I'm 53, my Brother is 50, his son, my nephew, is 25.

Oooooh, the story I could tell about the trip I took on my first A-65 BSA, when I was 18!

My brother always admired my A-10's but never chased one, he was into surfing. We're from SoCal.
This spring, he asked me to build him a BSA. Then this summer, my nephew heard about the build, and calls me to ask me to build him one also. Why not? The two of them together on the road, would be safer than one....

Yeah, I'm hopeful they have a GREAT trip, with no worries, that's why, I need the time to fettle the bikes, so I have confidence they will have few problems on the way, if any. Gas, oil, and go, I hope....

Yeah, I do wonder at his choice, what with all the newer more readily available bikes that run 'forever'.... But, OK, I'll help another pair of BSA's back on the road, under someone who'll at least use 'em for a summer or more... If nothing else, I'll have a pair of bikes on the upper west coast, that I can use, probably after getting them back to running again, whenever I go out to visit my Brother.... Or, where ever my nephew moves to, he is already a few hundred miles away from my brother...

Lannis, could you, or anyone else, tell me about any of these "tasteful upgrades" you mentioned?

Brett
P.S. One aspect of the saved up cash bankroll, is if either bike fails along the way, they can rent a Uhaul pick'em up, strap the bikes in, and get the rest of the way home. I hope this doesn't have to happen tho'.....

Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #273611
09/07/09 8:06 am
09/07/09 8:06 am
Melbourne Australia
Tiger Offline
BritBike Forum member
Tiger  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Melbourne Australia
You need to have them help you build/prepare the bikes, no better training exists and although your efforts may at times seem like water off a duck's back it is amazing the knowledge people can recall when there are no alternatives.

The proposed journey sounds like a Great Adventure, you could if necessary split the training 50/50 and the unlucky [or inattentive] student may carry the tyre levers and spare tube ?

Two yrs is a long time, if they are fair dinkum and of at least your apparent intelligence they will do well if adequately trained and you have that time.

I presume that they are already competent riders ?

1969 TR6R
7.62 x 51 is not a maths puzzle.
Re: Future Journey [Re: Tiger] #273637
09/07/09 12:42 pm
09/07/09 12:42 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
That's two other problems, Tiger,
They are in Grant's Pass and Portland, Oregon, whilst I am in Columbus, Ohio. I figure that's about a 3,000 mile ride....? Kinda takes the feasibility of getting them here to assist with the builds rather difficult...

Absolutely, having them around during the build would teach them reams of info, its just not possible. I'll be lucky to have them here a week, so I may attempt to get them acclimatized to right hand shifting, and other road skills.....

My brother has had a bike, but that was 30+ years ago? A Yammer RT1 360, but to my knowledge, he hasn't ridden one since... Both of them ride bicycles, and to my newest info, the nephew rides REALLY often. And HARD! So they both know somewhat about two-wheeled balance and reactions.

My brother has able abilities at wrenching, but, as I don't know anything about my nephew's abilities, and I haven't seen or spoken to him in 20 years, I must assume the worst.... I hope this makes up for all the missed birthdays, graduations, and anything else.... His wasn't an easy childhood.

Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #273639
09/07/09 1:02 pm
09/07/09 1:02 pm
Houston Texas
Britbodger R.I.P. Offline
In Remembrance
Britbodger R.I.P.  Offline
In Remembrance

Houston Texas
I appreciate that I'm probably preaching to the choir here: anyways, IMHO, the most important item on the A10's assuming mechanical soundness of course, is the magneto. I wouldn't spare the expense on overhauling this item. Otherwise, in its day, the A10, especially the low compression all iron version, was noted for its reliability. The UK police used them.

So properly overhauled, the A10 is not such a bad choice IMHO

My 2c

Last edited by Britbodger; 09/07/09 1:03 pm.
Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #273640
09/07/09 1:07 pm
09/07/09 1:07 pm
East Bethany New York
Dick Harris Offline
BritBike Forum member
Dick Harris  Offline
BritBike Forum member

East Bethany New York
Iv'e done this solo trip from western NY seveal times,but it really wasn't the big deal that you're talking about 'cuz I was riding a TRIUMPH. (Just kidding) Dick

Re: Future Journey [Re: Britbodger R.I.P.] #273655
09/07/09 2:34 pm
09/07/09 2:34 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
Well Britbodger,
There isn't a single iron head in my inventory, never was....

And yes, the mag and the dyno are high priority concerns here also. The only problem I ever had, with my second owner Super Rocket, was the one time the dyno fell apart. That mag never failed me.

I considered building them A-65's, but based on my riding experience, my A-10's were more durable, and their riding was smoother to me.

I hope you see from the first post, I am starting from the bottom and going up. Cranks are already sludge trap cleaned, now cams and followers before initial assembly & shimming.... Then pistons, cylinders, and heads...
I will use the pair of 356 cams I have laying around, low dome pistons, single carb heads, anything and everything that makes these engines long term reliable, not any HP chasing, no hand grenade producing techniques, nothing experimental.
I'll save that for my twin carb "rocker" project, if I chase any of that....

Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #273760
09/08/09 2:20 am
09/08/09 2:20 am
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Well, then, if I were building these A10s, I'd

1) Make sure that both mags had been rebuilt from the condenser out by a proven expert.

2) Make sure the carb are new or freshly sleeved.

3) I'm a big fan of twin-leading-shoe front brake upgrades for these bikes, it'll make a lot of difference in the mountains (coming down!)

4) As you say, no tuning for speed. Soft, smooth, reliable is what you want.

They'll occasionally be riding after dark. A 12V lighting upgrade would be nice, as well as a fresh dynamo.

Other than that, no reason they won't make the trip just fine!

Lannis

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is really going to be upset.
Re: Future Journey [Re: Lannis] #273854
09/08/09 9:08 pm
09/08/09 9:08 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
Lannis,
One of the mods that will make these bikes less than 100% BSA, is the disc brake front end I will be incorporating on each one.
_ALL_ of the BSA's I've ever owned, had marginal brakes, at best.

The best stock street bike British brakes I've ever owned, are on my P-11.

The best stock British brakes I've ever experienced, are on my Rickman dirt bikes, but, being Metisse', are they really British???

That will take care of #3. #4 we're agreed upon.

#2.... ehhhhhh.... I will be looking closely at the three mono blocks I have on hand, and make a decision then...

#1. Doug Wood will be my choice { I think that's his name? }, if I find the need to redo either mags or dynos. Putting the bikes together first, then get on to fettling them in, putting miles on them, getting a feel for what may or may not need to be refurbished, repaired, or replaced.

Like right now, I don't have ALL of the parts, bits, and pieces I will need to assemble both bikes; I still need to find one frame, amongst other items.
Nobody has answered the inquiry about suggestions for getting the cams and followers reground, so I guess I have to find someone on my own.... And what I have heard of so far, and this is a few years out of date, $45 per set of followers? I have no pricing info about cams.... Will any of them give me a discount for multiple sets? { Same job repeated? }

I believe I will stay with the 6 volt system. Art Xander { May he rest in peace } sold me a halogen 6 volt headlamp bulb. I'll give them a try and see how long they last, IF they fail....

Questions, observations?
Brett

Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #273876
09/09/09 1:00 am
09/09/09 1:00 am
Earth
R
rick e. Offline
BritBike Forum member
rick e.  Offline
BritBike Forum member
R

Earth
I agree with Lannis esp on #1

I would use flat top pistons if it were me.

Cams and such, see SRM.

But before we go on, you might want to give us a bit more detail. When you say "A10" that covers lots of years. 1950 rigid to 1963 RGS....semi-unit to pre-unit...

I sold my 61 a couple of years back. Nice bike with a 4 spring clutch.

"Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Carbon monoxide making sure it's effective...
----THE CLASH-----

Re: Future Journey [Re: rick e.] #273894
09/09/09 2:39 am
09/09/09 2:39 am
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
OK Rick E.
I didn't wish to overload anyone with too many details. As they get asked, I will answer as best I can.

I would LIKE to be able to afford all the decidedly optimum makeovers. I will do what I must. But, 4 x $400+ for mag and dyno refurbishments, then engine rebuilds, cranks, cams, and followers regrinds, any other remachining, parts replacement, gaskets, seals, bushings......

And that is JUST the engine rebuilds.

I have on hand, .020, .040, and .060 oversized sets of pistons, and one single .030 over piston. All of them are with a slight dome. Whichever sets I must use, I have to buy rings.
All of the A-10's I've owned, had these slight domed pistons. I have seen one bike with flat tops.... It had an iron head.

So, nobody in the states can grind/polish cams and followers???

I have no experience with the first A-7's or A-10's { rigids }, and only visual experience of the plunger framed ones...
But, your point is a valid one; parts are different.

I intend to use a set of CA10 cases, and a set of DA10 cases, in full width rear hub swing arm frames. The half hub frames seem to be too rare.... I've only ever had one...And I'm using it with my twin carb rocker project. So, I guess [?] that will be the '54 through '63 swing arm frame pre-unit years???

I sold my 2nd owner '63 Super Rocket to a very happy fellow in California, a couple years back. We're still talking. I hope to some day get back out west, and go for some rides, and see what roads he has found on it...

Any more ideas, hints, tips, thoughts, or questions....?
Brett
Yep. TOO many projects....

Last edited by Rickman; 09/09/09 9:48 pm.
Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #274451
09/13/09 6:04 pm
09/13/09 6:04 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
OK!
I have gotten another frame, Thanks Bob! [ GREAT patch of raspberries too! ]

Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #275320
09/19/09 2:07 am
09/19/09 2:07 am
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
OK.
Finally have received hard pricing from one company, in Canada, about cam and follower grinding;
Cams are $114 each, or $90 for 5 or more each.
Followers are $24 each, or $20 each for 20 or more each.

MUCH better than WebCam price I found online, @ $248! For just the cam.

Anybody know of a better price?
Brett

Last edited by Rickman; 09/19/09 3:49 pm.
Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #275361
09/19/09 12:20 pm
09/19/09 12:20 pm
Perth Australia
B
beezabill Offline
BritBike Forum member
beezabill  Offline
BritBike Forum member
B

Perth Australia
May i suggest for a trip of that distance i would take a spare auto advance unit as they can be a weak spot on the A10.On my 3 mounth trip around Austalia.I sheared the fibre teeth off in a loud back fire.I left the spare i was going to take at home as i had no room in my panniers.Goes to show ,I should have went with my gut feeling!Fourtunatly for me i called the local vintage restoration club and got another the next day.The trip was a mix of pleasure and pain on the ridged A10.I traveld from Perth to Melbourne and back in April this year for the All British Rally on my A65. A total of about 5318 miles in 3 weeks with a gearbox bearing failure that set me back 3 days.A well prepared A10 or A65 should make the ditance you want to travel with few problems.I LOVE REAR SHOCKS!
Cheers Bill

Re: Future Journey [Re: beezabill] #275372
09/19/09 1:52 pm
09/19/09 1:52 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
Yes Bill,
For my brother and nephew, demonstrably neophytes in the long distance riding category, rear shocks are a MUST!

Unfortunately, local, and anywhere in the states, "local vintage restoration club[s]" are non-existent. Especially, it seems, in the central states...
This is why I am asking for anyone's info, along the northern states, as contact points for emergency assistance, should anything bad happen to these two bikes.
I'll do my best to make sure this doesn't happen, but we are talking about machinery that is 46-55 years old now.

It still amazes me that my brother will trust me to build him these two old bikes, enough to ride them all those miles back to Oregon! And, those two not knowing all the ins-and-outs of Brit bikes. It will be an adventure, one way or the other.... Dang, wish I could go...

Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #275396
09/19/09 3:48 pm
09/19/09 3:48 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
Another phone call. This time from a N.H. firm.

Cams are $100. Followers are $10 each!!! And 10% off for all five sets!!!

Oh, BTW, neither firm cares that they will be a mix of A-10 & A-65 sets.

Anyone else want or need to jump into this deal? This is for STOCK profiles. 356 A-10, and 473 A-65 profiles.

I wish I could get them A-10 357 profiles....

Last edited by Rickman; 09/19/09 4:18 pm.
Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #279088
10/15/09 12:12 pm
10/15/09 12:12 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
Got another reply about cam grinding; The fellow says they can grind the cam for $80, but has to have the followers sent elsewheres...

Someone in the OVBSAOC newsletter says they have A-10 parts, need to get in touch with them... See what they have..
Brett

Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #279101
10/15/09 1:13 pm
10/15/09 1:13 pm
New Hampshier USA
MikeG Offline

BritBike Forum member
MikeG  Offline

BritBike Forum member

New Hampshier USA
Rickman-Where in New Hampshire? I have a 357 and a 334 iron head cam in need of work. I"d be happy to go in with you.
MikeG

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Re: Future Journey [Re: MikeG] #279115
10/15/09 2:24 pm
10/15/09 2:24 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
Hi MikeG,
This place is in Northwood.
If you are close, it'll be nice to have someone close to keep an eye on the job!
How soon do you wish to act on the machining?
Brett

Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #279146
10/15/09 5:05 pm
10/15/09 5:05 pm
New Hampshier USA
MikeG Offline

BritBike Forum member
MikeG  Offline

BritBike Forum member

New Hampshier USA
Brett-I'm ready whenever, just PM me or e-mail at jasper1@gsinet.net. Northwood is about an hour from me and near my daughters house so I'm over that way alot.
Mike

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Re: Future Journey [Re: MikeG] #279181
10/15/09 7:44 pm
10/15/09 7:44 pm
Greensboro, NC
Alan_nc Online content
BritBike Forum member
Alan_nc  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Greensboro, NC
Rickman,

We are usually nice here....and I think the group have made some good comments but???? This is one of the silliest ideas I've heard in years.

1. Has anyone besides Lannis ridden 500 miles on a Brit bike in one day (after their 21st birthday)? Your probably going to need 3 days in bed.
2. You really do need to work up to daily riding, not jump on and ride 3,000 miles.
3. Something is going to break - you need to know how to fix it. There are maybe 5 guys on this board that I would want with me on that ride. For their combined knowledge and fettling skills.
4. Minimum: Adjust chain, valves, fix a flat, change oil. Change jets in carb(s) - your going from the Mississippi to the Rockies, it's going to require a jet change.

It's a great idea, would be a wonderful trip, something you would remember for a lifetime. Make it a good memory and buy a couple of modern bikes. I promise it will be cheaper in the long run.

NOW: About my idea to ride from the Outer Banks to Santa Barbara on the UPS Triumph.....a month of blue highways.

Alan
Cleared m out....left only
59 BSA Bantam (Trials)
78 Triumph Bonny (UPS)
02 Suzuki GS500
Re: Future Journey [Re: Alan_nc] #279188
10/15/09 8:07 pm
10/15/09 8:07 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Richrd is an official Freak Of Nature, so his Nebraska-North Carolina rides on a Norton don't count. We'll assume we're talking about hard-mount engines!! grin

Five hundred miles in a day on the blue highways is a FULL day of riding on any bike, not to mention a BritBike. Out west or in Texas it might answer, where the two-lane roads with 70 MPH limits stretch straight to the horizon day in and day out, but in the North and East you can't seem to build no time that way. Little towns, slow cars, there's a lot of good riding but you don't blaze along without touching the brakes between gas-fillups.

Britbikes are like people or horses - they appreciate a rest every once in a while. These modern "ditch pump" bikes (that can go "puk-puk-puk-puk" all day long without a breather) are OK, but a Britbike appreciates the occasional rest and fettling session, just touch up the nuts and bolts with a wrench and keep a weather eye on the fluids.

I wish Frans from Holland was the talkative, bragging sort and would tell us all about his trans-USA rides on M20s and A10s (two up!) but he's the quiet sort and doesn't make much of it ....

Lannis

Re: Future Journey [Re: Lannis] #279278
10/16/09 6:25 am
10/16/09 6:25 am
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
Well, OK,
I was 24, just out of the air farce, and did a 700 mile full day of riding.

I didn't suggest the bikes, nor offer them. My brother called me, and asked me to build him a BSA A-10, just like the one[s] I rode, all the time before I went in service.... all four years worth....
I think his memory of those times is better than I remember....

As a side note, where I live is less than 1,000 feet altitude. Taking the bike to N.C., and up on the Blue Ridge Pkwy, even up to Mt. Mitchell, which is around 6600 ft. high, and the A-10 seemed to be running well... Low on power, but it never failed me. Never fouled a spark plug. Same thing with my Goldie.
During those early times though, I rode my A-10s and A-65s from the San Fernando Valley, anywhere and everywhere, even up to the top of Angeles National Forest Hywy., State Route 2 BTW, somewhat around 11k ft high?
Brett

Re: Future Journey [Re: Rickman] #279317
10/16/09 2:19 pm
10/16/09 2:19 pm
East Bethany New York
Dick Harris Offline
BritBike Forum member
Dick Harris  Offline
BritBike Forum member

East Bethany New York
The '70 T-120 works OK up to about 7-8 thousand feet. Then it needs leaner jets up at 12-14 thousand. I carry extra jet holders with leaner needle and mains,so it's only a ten minute job to change them. Dick PS the last time across the country,I was well over 24,like 3x's

Last edited by Dick Harris; 10/16/09 2:24 pm.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership