BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
MusketVtwin
MusketVtwin
columbus ohio
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
208 registered members (Adam M.), 1,831 guests, and 544 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Brian Ellery, Jon Andrews, Berni Ernst, johnguppy, michael morgan
9955 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 188
koan58 100
Stuart 88
NickL 65
Popular Topics(Views)
436,968 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,270
Posts632,132
Members9,955
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#276577 - 09/27/09 6:49 pm Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side.  
Grandad Offline
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Offline

BritBike Forum member

The Crypt - South East England

Spider went to Kempton Park autojumble on Saturday. A journey that involved travelling on five different motorways, including the much-hated London orbital M25. During the trip (which is about 80 miles each way) he reckoned that his vehicle was surveyed by gantry-mounted speed cameras over forty times (he actually lost count). George Orwell would have loved it! Gone are the days when the odd copper hid round a blind bend with a speed gun and if they caught you it jolly well served you right because any fool knew that‘s where they‘d be hiding!

Oh Britannia, land of the free, where hast thou gone?

Still, Spider (who hastens to point out that he is no speed merchant) managed to drag himself out of the fit of despondency caused by contemplating the ‘Surveillance State’ which is now the UK and raised two fingers with a cartoon:

--------------------------------

Don't nail that lid down - I'm still bloomin' breathing !!
Click here to see SPIDER cartoons!
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#276582 - 09/27/09 6:56 pm Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Grandad]  
Kent Shaun Online content
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Quote:
who hastens to point out that he is no speed merchant

I beg to differ Grandad old son shocked BLIMEY! That car of yours has a speedo measured in light years shocked Keep to riding lad, we can just about keep up with you on them bikes of yours wink

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
#276590 - 09/27/09 8:08 pm Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Kent Shaun]  
Grandad Offline
BritBike Forum member
Grandad  Offline

BritBike Forum member

The Crypt - South East England
Oi Shaun,
I'm not speeding. I'm just putting a healthy distance between the rear of my bike and the front of yours to avoid being rammed!!

--------------------------------

Don't nail that lid down - I'm still bloomin' breathing !!
Click here to see SPIDER cartoons!
#277511 - 10/04/09 8:21 am Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Grandad]  
johnnyrvf Offline
BritBike Forum member
johnnyrvf  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Dordogne, SW France
Since Labour got in they have introduced more than 38 thousand (YES Thousand) new statutes on the legislative book, practically each one undermines the citizens freedom in one way or another, before that the Tories also brought in under that odius Micheal Howard some very nasty peices of legislation which challenged the very core right of freedom of association amongst other fundamental rights of a British Citizen, doubtless the next govt. will continue in this same vain....... The U.K. once had a justice system to be proud of in which some sort of justice was seen to be done, now it is the mockery of the western world along with it's politically correct corrupted administration that cannot recognise the difference between what is just and what is a blind obedience to stupidity. That is one of the fundamental reasons I live abroad ; I still have rights, even in heavily regulated France where the law is to be taken seriously and deals with road accidents resulting in maiming and death with jail sentences, not a few points and a desultory fine, in France the law serves to protect and punish as it should and whilst not perfect in any sense is'nt the mockery that the British legal system has become. Johnny.

What d'ya mean it won't rev to 10?
1965 BSA A65D Lightning Rocket
1976 K*w*s*ki Z900.
1978 Triumph Bonn3ville (930 T160 Powered T140)
1988 H*nd* RC30
1990 Moto Guzzi California 3
1993 Y*m*h* TDM 850
#277540 - 10/04/09 2:36 pm Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: johnnyrvf]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
wow, Johnny,
France sounds like they got it going on.
we here in the US have suffered loss of our civil rights -under the Patriot Act- too, (i have a bumper-sticker which reads, "My Patriot Act is the Bill of Rights") and the so-called *justice system* is such a joke it is not EVEN funny.
our prisons, now privatised for profit, are over-flowing with dopers while the rapists and murderers walk the streets...the only REAL justice comes to those with enough money to afford REALLY powerful lawyers, who can get you off the hook for ANYTHING.

i ALSO have a bumper-sticker which reads,
"YOU think all those little cameras are for TRAFFIC CONTROL?"

unfortunately, i am fairly certain a quick look will show that no incoming governmental administration has ever nor will ever relent on whatever power-grabs or crack-downs their predecessors did initiate, no matter HOW much LIP SERVICE they might give to FREEDOM or LIBERTY.

the alternative to all this is pretty extreme:
eschew all credit cards, ownership of property, cell phones, computers, and move to the mountains, where you can kill or barter for or grow your food.
for those of us who are not really OUTLAWS, it IS really all relative, tho, is is not?

in what might be considered the *normal* scheme of things, life is pretty damn good!

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#277558 - 10/04/09 4:51 pm Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: ricochetrider]  
Blapper Offline
BritBike Forum member
Blapper  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Kent UK
Ironic though that the French are the most shambolic muppets when behind the wheel of their cars.... Lemming-like in the extreme.

As to politicians, at the risk of repeating myself, SHOOT 'EM ALL!

Blapper redwine

#277702 - 10/05/09 6:29 pm Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Blapper]  
Roadwarrior Offline
Private Sponsor
Roadwarrior  Offline

Private Sponsor

El Dorado, California
That's ok Blapper if you repeat your remark on politicians. We agree. I thought the discussion was on speed cameras. There are several on the Paege in France. I think every government has the money grubbing disease. Need to get one of those plate covers that blurs out the numbers when viewed from any angle but straight behind. One with a halogram of the finger would be great.

Bob

73 Triumph T140 Main Ride
70 Bonnie
67 BSA West Coast Hornet

56 Chevy

Who are the brain police?

#277740 - 10/05/09 10:25 pm Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: ricochetrider]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: ricochetrider
wow, Johnny,
France sounds like they got it going on.
we here in the US have suffered loss of our civil rights -under the Patriot Act- too, (i have a bumper-sticker which reads, "My Patriot Act is the Bill of Rights") and the so-called *justice system* is such a joke it is not EVEN funny.
our prisons, now privatised for profit, are over-flowing with dopers while the rapists and murderers walk the streets...the only REAL justice comes to those with enough money to afford REALLY powerful lawyers, who can get you off the hook for ANYTHING.

i ALSO have a bumper-sticker which reads,
"YOU think all those little cameras are for TRAFFIC CONTROL?"

unfortunately, i am fairly certain a quick look will show that no incoming governmental administration has ever nor will ever relent on whatever power-grabs or crack-downs their predecessors did initiate, no matter HOW much LIP SERVICE they might give to FREEDOM or LIBERTY.

the alternative to all this is pretty extreme:
eschew all credit cards, ownership of property, cell phones, computers, and move to the mountains, where you can kill or barter for or grow your food.
for those of us who are not really OUTLAWS, it IS really all relative, tho, is is not?

in what might be considered the *normal* scheme of things, life is pretty damn good!

That's our Tom! Well in a way this is a very liberating post, I sort of enjoy it. You know I don't agree with most of it, but that's not what I want to say.

This thread started out as a little Spider cartoon in good fun.

Then first johnny, then Tom jumps in and spins it into a political tirade, slamming various countries and systems and expressing what many might consider an extreme political point of view. Don't get me wrong, that's fine by me, and any other day I'd leap in and give them six of the best, belts off, trousers down.

But (and this is a Big But with spikes, French tickler and a JATO pack lit), nobody is complaining. The usual crew that jumps in within minutes and gives ME a load of shyte about injecting politics into a nice little board, stirring the pot, going on a tirade, and ruining the board with politics is conspicuous by their absence for the last 48 hours.

Which means that you don't REALLY mean that you don't want the R&T polluted with politics and extreme, confrontational opinions.

What you mean is that you don't want the R&T polluted with politics and extreme, confrontational opinions THAT YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.

Not agreeing is fine. But hiding your OWN political views behind a self-righteous facade of "Oh, you shouldn't be saying those political, argumentative things" ONLY when someone disagrees with you is the height of hypocrisy.

So .... this should save some bandwidth in future. When I offer a strong, aggressive (and usually true) political position, totally unrelated to bikes, on the R&T, I suggest, in the nicest possible way, that you just shut the **** up and keep your unneeded hypocrisy and your schoolmarmish "No mo' of THAT now, Lannis" to yourself.

Because your opinion on my "board behavior" won't mean any more to me than a fart in a whirlwind.

There. I feel much better now. And no one need be insulted! If you aren't one of the ones, then it wasn't for you. If you think you ARE one of the ones, then call it on yourself; I'm not naming any names.

Tom, carry on with our regularly scheduled party political broadcast! beerchug

Lannis

OK, I admit it, I'm addicted to brake fluid.

But I can stop any time I want.
#277744 - 10/05/09 10:54 pm Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Lannis]  
Britbodger R.I.P. Offline
In Remembrance
Britbodger R.I.P.  Offline
In Remembrance

Houston Texas
You is just stirring it again Lannis.

Oh.. and Tom is almost always right.

P.S. Sorry missed you last time you were in Houston Tom

#277751 - 10/06/09 12:56 am Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Britbodger R.I.P.]  
Keith of Columbus Offline
BritBike Forum member
Keith of Columbus  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Columbus, Ohio
Lannis, you have obviously forgotten about the limitless power of the flatulence of some of our brethren...whirlwind or no.

Keith
'65 and '66 BSA Lightning
#277752 - 10/06/09 1:05 am Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Keith of Columbus]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: Keith of Columbus
Lannis, you have obviously forgotten about the limitless power of the flatulence of some of our brethren...whirlwind or no.

True, that. You know, you make liberalism into almost a .... a .... I was going to say "virtue" but I couldn't. beerchug

So I'll limit myself to a Happy Columbus Day (especially appropriate for YOU) and a big thanks for the fantastic work you're doing with the club newsletter. I really look forward to it each month! bigt

Lannis

#277754 - 10/06/09 12:22 am Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Lannis]  
rick e. Offline
BritBike Forum member
rick e.  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Earth
lannis sez;

"When I offer a strong, aggressive (and usually true) political position..."

("and usually true")

A bit brash, mate!

"Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Carbon monoxide making sure it's effective...
----THE CLASH-----

#277756 - 10/06/09 1:30 am Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: rick e.]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
It's sort of a joke. How can an opinion be "true" or "false"?

I'll take "brash" though!

Lannis

#277767 - 10/06/09 4:43 am Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Lannis]  
johnnyrvf Offline
BritBike Forum member
johnnyrvf  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Dordogne, SW France
Hi Lannis, well said, however how much opinion vs truth/facts/comprehension of any situation appertaining to politics makes the decision? and anyway in my opinion, I was'nt being extreme, just pissed off that the country of my birth has become so , to me (and judging by the number of ex-pats living in Europe and other parts of the world) a significant number of others, has changed almost beyond recognition of it's former self but no one wants to make a stand about it, which is why I don't feel welcome there anymore 'cos to say anything is to be.........incorrect. Johnny.

What d'ya mean it won't rev to 10?
1965 BSA A65D Lightning Rocket
1976 K*w*s*ki Z900.
1978 Triumph Bonn3ville (930 T160 Powered T140)
1988 H*nd* RC30
1990 Moto Guzzi California 3
1993 Y*m*h* TDM 850
#277769 - 10/06/09 6:53 am Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: johnnyrvf]  
dave - NV Online content
BritBike Forum member
dave - NV  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Elko, Nevada USA
Got Speed camera worries? Here's a gadjet that might prevent detection.

http://crotchrocketnecessities.com/

"Golly gee officer, I shot a hole in a camera? What the heck? I was just shooting at a crow sitting on that abandoned power pole with my old '06".

dave - NV
#277785 - 10/06/09 11:21 am Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Lannis]  
Gordon Gray Online sad
Life Member
Gordon Gray  Online Sad
Life Member

North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Lannis
......snip....This thread started out as a little Spider cartoon in good fun.

But (and this is a Big But with spikes, French tickler and a JATO pack lit), nobody is complaining. The usual crew that jumps in within minutes and gives ME a load of shyte about injecting politics into a nice little board, stirring the pot, going on a tirade, and ruining the board with politics is conspicuous by their absence for the last 48 hours....snip

Lannis...If it'll make you feel better.

PLEASE the rest of you stop the political postings.....it is a direct violation of the user aggrement.

Sorry this took so long to get to but I've been busy looking for work since I lost my job last week.

I don't sit here searching for the political crap. You would think by now if you've been paying attention that this is not the place for it. Lannis is well known for pissing in the fire and is an easy catch.

Have a nice day......Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 10/06/09 11:23 am.
#277786 - 10/06/09 11:32 am Re: Spider bemoans speed cameras but sees a funny side. [Re: Gordon Gray]  
Alan_nc Online content
Alan_nc  Online Content

Greensboro, NC
I was going to delete it but it's such a great cartoon.

Alan
Cleared m out....left only
59 BSA Bantam (Trials)
78 Triumph Bonny (UPS)
02 Suzuki GS500

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.255s Queries: 15 (0.054s) Memory: 0.9318 MB (Peak: 1.2021 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-21 04:39:05 UTC