BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
bones_bir
bones_bir
Central TX
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
212 registered members (68 royalstar tony), 1,756 guests, and 514 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
johnguppy, michael morgan, Xavier, J. Grant, Jerry
9952 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 179
koan58 94
Stuart 83
Popular Topics(Views)
434,796 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,245
Posts631,743
Members9,952
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#260999 - 06/25/09 2:44 am WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues  
Washington Bob Offline
BritBike Forum member
Washington Bob  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Washington State
Hey Britbikers,
You have Washington Bob and Velo Don...britbikers forever..coming to you live from Riffe Lake off of HWY 12 in Washington State. Our trusty brit bikes..Old Blue (my BSA DBD34GS Catalina) and Don's Velo MSS have carried us safely and quickly far from home.

We have set up camp and Don and I just finished our wonderful dinner of freshwater Coho and beans and salad topped off with an amazing Pinot Noir from Washington State.

Let it be know to all the britbike community that I caught these Coho on a Tasmainian Devil lure sent to me by my brother Britbiker Tasman (Ian) from Tasmania. I got them yesterday in the mail and they landed several nice fish for our dinner tonight. Thankyou Tasman....Velo Don and I lifted our glasses to your kindness just a bit ago...those lakebound Coho were awesome!

Velo Don and I have had a ball today traveling the mysterious Hwy 12 in search of the ghost town of Pluvius and that legendary bluesman that supposedly lives there. We looked and looked and did GPS searchs and Google Earth searches and rode the crossroads for an hour and never saw anything except the old mailtrain tracks that led into the once town of Pluvius. It is long gone now as far as we can tell.

I did take some photos with my 1938 Ansco Shur Shot 120 film box camera using black and white film and that should be cool. My Hwy 12 Journal is getting full of notes and photos...just might make an interesting read for travelers.

We did not see many bikes on the road today. We saw a couple of Harlem-Davis touring bikes, a GoldWing and several Japanese rocket style boy racers. On one lonely stretch a vintage flathead Harley 45 in OD Green with the rider in WW2 military fatigues and helmet passed us going the other way! Both of us turned our heads and looked back as he passed us...cool but really freaky for sure. HWY 12 has LOTS of history on it..LOTS and much of it is just strange. Mostly a two lane old hwy crossing our country..it makes a good read.

Never did find Pluvius but as we were headed East on Hwy 12 a well used 1962 or 63 Chrysler 300 2 door Hardtop passed us with an old black man in a straw hat driving....the things we see out there...interesting.

Don and I stopped at several small local stores and put up my postcard with my list of wants on it and email address/ect. These have turned up some neat stuff over the years.

I did get an email from a man in Seattle that said if I can come up with $250 he has the Speed Graphic I want in good condition. Time to post some more of my parts packages on the britbike site and raise that money cause I really want that camera. He told me it was an ex-Seattle P.I. photographer's rig and is well used but in fine condition....sounds like just what I need. I will let you all know if I can get it.

Weather is about 60 degrees here and a bit windy...clouded up and rain is probably coming this evening. Campground is mostly empty with just a few older folks like Don and me around. This is a huge lake and lots of fish to catch and release or keep for breakfast/lunch/dinner. I plan on catching tomorrows breakfast also...the fish around here cannot resist that Tasmaninan Devil that Tasman sent me!

Went to the doctors yesterday and he told me to enjoy the Summer but that it would probably be my last riding season. The cancer has spread into my upper back/lung area and I am losing the feeling in my right arm and hand and pain is a constant friend now. Not great news to hear but no quit in me....ever. I will figure something out...I need to keep riding cause it is who I am....maybe I can outrun this disease..you never know

I am still smiling and laughing and living life as full as I can each day.Actually...I plan on living well into my 90's...the Docs just don't believe it yet...guess I will have to show them how it is done!

Feeling the wind push against your body at 60mph...the cool damp smell of the woods as you pass by....the thump of the concrete expansion strips on the old Hwy and the pure joy of the Thunder that comes from Old Blue when he is on the cams is worth any price....any price...that I must pay.

Today I am one day closer to my end.....but folks...today was a fabulous day!

This Washington Bob and trusted sidekick, Velo Don, signing off from the campground at Riffe Lake in Washington State,USA

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#261012 - 06/25/09 5:43 am Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
Tasman Online content
BritBike Forum member
Tasman  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Tasmania - Gateway to Antarcti...
I'm glad the lures got to you Bob, and pleased to see that they are working so well. Sounds like you and Velo Don are once again having an awesome time fishin' an' ridin' while I sit here freezing my behind off. Never mind, I'll be riding by spring and I am so looking forward to it. Sounds to me that you and Old Blue can outrun anything thats in your way! Just keep doing what you are doing Bob. Chase the dream and dream the chase.

"Live the life you love, find a god you trust and don't take it all too seriously"

Pre-units rule!

Mid fifties Triumph T100
#261021 - 06/25/09 7:12 am Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
Kent Shaun Online content
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
WABob lad, what a wonderful yarn spinner you are, keep them wheels turning lad, you're an inspiration bigt Sure wish I was with you & Wobbly Don, sounds to me you two live the life of dreams, good on you BOTH for doing what I aspire to.

Now lad just one thing? What on Earth is a Coho? Well for once I put that in Google and came up with this photo...

http://www.twinpeaksadventures.com/images/red%20coho.JPG

If THAT is what you've been eatting out there, then you've got one jealous lad sitting here, fine motorcycles, a good mate, and decent fresh food. I tells ya lad, life don't get much better than that. And how lucky are we, that we've got a lad like your good self, sharing it with us. Thank you so much for that kind sir grin

Last edited by Kent Shaun; 06/25/09 7:13 am.

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
#261051 - 06/25/09 12:44 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
GrandPaul Online content
BritBike Forum member
GrandPaul  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Laredo (South) Texas, USA
Hey, Bob!

Stick a fillet of Coho in a big envelope and send it along to 3304 Frost, Laredo, TX 78043.

Looks like you found your camera! Let me know the pricetag, I'll send the $$$, you send me a box of Triumph big twin bits of equal value. Tranny, head, and clutch hub stuff welcome.

I'd rely on trusting your fabricator/manufacturer to keep you running, rather than a mechanic.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, some BSA & European
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
#261084 - 06/25/09 3:17 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: GrandPaul]  
Washington Bob Offline
BritBike Forum member
Washington Bob  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Washington State
Hey Britbikers,
Greetings from the rainy, windy shores of Riffe Lake in Washington State. Velo Don and I are enjoying our camp breakfast of campfire coffee and big chunks of campfire toast with beans....now THAT is a campers breakfast!

Brother Tasman....those Tasmanian Devils just work so well. The coho salmon could not resist and I caught several and kept a nice one for our dinner last night. Cohos fight like a huge bass and really test your skills to land them...big fun for sure. Thankyou so much...I still have the smile on my face from when the Coho we kept took that lure...just awesome.

Kent....good to hear from you too. Yes...the Coho Salmon is one outstanding fish and some of the best eating on this planet of ours. I am not a very good fisherman but I do have my moments! Yes...I have one of the best riding companions/friends I could hope for...Long Tall Velo Don and he has the drive to ride with me and see what we have not seen before. The smile never leaves his face and he rides that Velo so smoothly it is a joy to watch.

GrandPaul....thanks so much for your kindness and caring. I will shoot you some emails when I get home and I will see if I can fix you up with some parts you can use for your projects.
I would put some fish in a bag for you...but we ate it all last night. We shared the wonderful Coho with the campers around us that wished to join us for dinner and it was so nice. Sharing with neighbors is one of the great things about camping.

Our bikes are almost packed up now and we are heading for Randle,Washington on HWY 12. I am going up to see an old, old, friend that I have not seen in ages. We were in the Rudge club together back in the 70's. Gene and I met because we both had Rudge parts we had gathered and neither of us had enough for a complete bike. He swapped me a pickup truck full of BSA parts for the Rudge parts I had so he could complete his machine...we see each other when we can and stay in touch.

Gene has a Velo KTT that he bought from Richard Renstrom in the early 1980's and I wanted Don to see it and hear it run. It will be a treat for sure.

Does anyone here remember Richard (Dick) Renstrom from Caldwell, Idaho? He sold restored British bikes and wrote articles for most of the motorcycle magazines in the 60's and 70's and some books also. What ever became of Richard Renstrom....anybody know the rest of that story? I may have to make a run to Caldwell some day soon and see what I can find out. Any info would be most helpful.

Lots of riding ahead of us today and I am looking forward to that. My old body is weakening a bit but my will is as strong as it ever was...no quit for sure. Before we leave this morning I am going to the shore of this huge lake and sing:

Jesus is the Rock on which I stand
Everything else is shifting sand....

The adventure is ahead. Thanks so much to all of you folks that emailed me and encouraged me to continue this quest...

This is Washington Bob with Velo Don...signing off

#261087 - 06/25/09 3:26 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
Blapper Offline
BritBike Forum member
Blapper  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Kent UK
Holy Mackerel, that's a nice salmon. I'm drooling here! You just nonchalantly caught a better fish than I ever have. Nice going Bob.

Blapper redwine

#261092 - 06/25/09 3:32 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Blapper]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: Washington Bob

Does anyone here remember Richard (Dick) Renstrom from Caldwell, Idaho? He sold restored British bikes and wrote articles for most of the motorcycle magazines in the 60's and 70's and some books also. What ever became of Richard Renstrom....anybody know the rest of that story? I may have to make a run to Caldwell some day soon and see what I can find out.

Jesus is the Rock on which I stand
Everything else is shifting sand....

The adventure is ahead. Thanks so much to all of you folks that emailed me and encouraged me to continue this quest...

This is Washington Bob with Velo Don...signing off

Bob -

Next time you're on line, Google -"Richard Renstrom" Idaho- and you'll get his address and phone number there in Caldwell, give him a call!

Good song there too. Remember, if you go or if you stay, you're a winner either way!!

Lannis

OK, I admit it, I'm addicted to brake fluid.

But I can stop any time I want.
#261102 - 06/25/09 4:19 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Lannis]  
wadeschields Online content
BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
I just had some Copper River salmon last week but I caught mine in a shop. I bet it didnt taste anywhere near as good as yours. Keep it up!

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
#261166 - 06/25/09 11:32 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: wadeschields]  
Washington Bob Offline
BritBike Forum member
Washington Bob  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Washington State
Hey Britbikers,
Washington Bob here along with Velo Don. We are currently camped at 46degrees 43' 19.11"N / 122degrees 10' 52.89" W....if you do Google Earth you will see the lake we are at...simply amazing and beautiful.

It is cooling off and cloudy and windy right now but is supposed to improve tomorrow...so Don and I decided to stay out another day on the road.

We visited my friend Gene and got to see and hear (and ride a bit) his 1949 Velo KTT Special that he bought years ago from Dick Renstrom. What a neat motorcycle that is for sure and it makes way cools sounds.

I took some portraits of it with my vintage Ansco Shur Shot box camera in living B&W....hope they turn out so I can blow them up big! Gene and Don hit it off famously and could have talked Velos all day and night....but we needed to get back on the road.

We came to this place because of the awesome fishing and also because this in near where the term "flying saucer" was coined I believe. Kenneth Arnold spotted silver flying objects near this place by Mt Rainier and when he landed and reported his sighting the term "flying saucer" came into common usage. Very neat anyway.

Don is down now fishing on the lake and I am tending to our camp and cooking up a campfire apple fritter thingy for our desert and tomorrows breakfast. I am not a great camp cook but I sure make plenty to feed us and anyone that is hungry.

Don has Tasmans Tasmanian Devil lure to work with and I am hoping he gets us a couple of Rainbow Trout for dinner. We stopped at a truck farm and got a bag full of fresh vegtables and greens for our salad and soup pot..any fresh fish will be the amazing finish to a good meal.

Not too many folks come here cause it is really out of the way but so nice for sure. Many famous photos of Mt. Rainiers reflection in the lake have been taken right here...I could sure use that 4x5 camera now....my 120 film box camera will have to do however.

Blapper...thanks for the note. I am the worst fisherman you can imagine but I have so much fun trying to get better. I am happy with any kind of fishing gear and just happy to try to catch something.

Lannis....thankyou for the tip on Dick Renstrom...I will Google him tonight and see what it says.Should I stay or should I go??? I love it!

Wade....photo ops here are endless if you like outdoor kind of stuff. One of the RB67's would be perfect I think...I just love 120 film. And Wade...I am dancing in the rain!

Got a bit of thunder going on now out in the foothills...kinda neat. This quest is doing my spirit good.

Thanks again to all of my Britbike brothers and sisters. I really appreciate you kind thoughts and prayers. Well....time to get the dinner soup going...hope Don caught a fish or two.

From a beautiful lake way out in nowwhere...you got Washington Bob along with Fishing Velo Don...signing off

#261179 - 06/26/09 1:20 am Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
Barb Offline
Barb  Offline

Western Washington State (USA)
Hi Bob,

I'm so glad to hear that you are once again out chasing the dream on your Goldie, and with Don, too! Couple of things: I met Richard Renstrom years ago in Portland at an OVM meet south of town (down in Tigard, I think) and found him to be a very nice, and very knowledgeable gentleman. Nice guy all around.

But mainly, I wanted to let you know that this weekend a women's riding group with whom I camp will be riding Hwy 12 to Lake Sylvia to camp Friday and Saturday night. I'm going to actively look for a Goldie and a Velo, so if you see a Gramma with reddish hair frantically waving, it'll be me! grin

Meanwhile, you just keep catching those fish, Bob, and don't you dare believe what those doctors tell you. And of course, you always have a seat in a sidecar if it ever came to that!

God bless and have a hugely enjoyable trip!

Barb (Three MustGetBeers)
"Midnight girl in a sunset town.."

Britney the B44
Bella the '69 T120
Pip the Triumph (I have "Great Expectations!")
Jaelith the '77 XS650/chair
The unnamed '79 XS650 with...potential
Millie the R80 BMW--she's "Thoroughly Modern"
#261278 - 06/26/09 3:36 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Barb]  
Washington Bob Offline
BritBike Forum member
Washington Bob  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Washington State
Hey Britbikers,
Old Velo Don and me almost live from the shore of Mineral Lake deep in the Mt Rainier foothills.

We are almost packed up and ready to hit the road again today and see what we can see.Don caught us a couple of nice Rainbow trout and we did a fish barbeque deal with them and had some of our camping neighbors over for food and songs and a few beers...good camping fun for certain.

Barb....thanks for your note. We are on the other side of Mt Rainier from where you and your friends are going to camp. You are about 100+ miles West of us. The weather is outstanding for camping so have a wonderful time. Docs have to do their doctor thing and I will always do my WABOB thing....and I will prove their diagnosis wrong. At the very least I will not sit around and wait for the end....I will be doing something I love with the folks I love doing it with...WOW....that would make a long and really boring T-shirt! Besides...if I died my wife would kill me!

The nice lady from the next campsite made Don and I strawberry pancakes this morning...boy that was a real treat.

We are going to just ride and stop and post my little postcards in the out of the way stores you see along small 2 lane hwys in America and sort of like fishing...we shall see what happens. I will be home later today to my little house in town and my loving wife and big old Maine Coon Cats.

Don and I are putting miles under our tires and loving it.
Washington Bob and Velo Don signing off..................

#261344 - 06/26/09 8:47 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
wabob, brother,
thanks for the stories, i'm enjoying them as always.
washington state is, i am certain quite lovely. your descriptions and yarns almost bring them into my office space as i read them on the computer here. i could ALMOST taste the coho!

i was in mexico last week, did a little fishing and only caught a small tuna- but boy was it GOOD.

ride safe out there man.
tom

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#261461 - 06/27/09 2:07 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: ricochetrider]  
Washington Bob Offline
BritBike Forum member
Washington Bob  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Washington State
Hey Everybody,
Velo Don and I made it safely back to the old workshop. Three days of riding and camping and fishing and looking for the Grail of the "old newsmans 4x5 camera" comes to a finish for now.

Old Blue and Don's Velo are getting the full service treatment today. All the fluids changed and check out the electrical end of stuff....plus just a general washing, polishing ,cleaning and tightening. They will be ready for the next adventure whenever that takes place.

Thanks Tom for your comments. I love having my laptop on the road with me and journaling my thoughts. Mexico sounds awesome and that tuna was fun to catch I bet!

Thanks to all that emailed me with thoughts and suggestions about my quest. It is what makes this forum so different than the others....the honest caring.

I am off to the lumberyard today to see how the youngsters are doing and to put my time in. Retirement is coming soon...so I want to enjoy each day at work as it comes.

May you all be as richly blessed as I am. Our good buddy, Velo Don, sends his best also.

from a small town in the foothills of Mt Rainier,
Washington Bob signing off

#261468 - 06/27/09 3:44 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
Kev. Online sick
BritBike Forum member
Kev.  Online Sick
BritBike Forum member

Royal Berkshire.
Hey Bob, glad you had a good trip, looking forward to seeing some pictures of you guys on the road.

http://kevindean.zenfolio.com/

http://backstreetthunder.wordpress.com/

1950 Vincent Comet
1952 Norton Special
1963 BSA Super Rocket
1970 BSA A65 Lightning
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado x2
2009 Triumph Bonneville (now sold)

#261534 - 06/28/09 3:09 am Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Kev.]  
Washington Bob Offline
BritBike Forum member
Washington Bob  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Washington State
Hey Kev,
Thanks so much for your post. When I get my vintage newsmans 4x5 camera you will see some black and white photos that will be amazing...I hope!!! I have decided to learn how to develope my own b&w film...I have my wonderful old workshop and I am reasonably smart(maybe)! I bet I can do it...besides...no one this side of LA does it...so I guess I had better learn. Sounds sorta like fun.

Those old lenses see things much the same way as I do...they are not modern or digital for sure! Could be fun.

Spent the day working at the lumber yard and I feel great. Hard work cures many ills I always say.

All that being said....I just love being on the road and seeing what I could not have imagined. The real part of life is always more interesting than something you imagined. Like seeing the old black man driving the neat old Chrysler 300 hardtop down the road....inspiring and I absolutely could not have seen that scenario happening...way too cool.

Velo Don always tells me that my future lies in my past...I just might be starting to get it! Don is 90 yrs old...in great shape...a WW2 war hero in my book...and my personal hero. Plus he is a much better britbike rider than I am...he has about a 25 yr headstart on me!

Thanks again to all that emailed Don and me....we both appreciate your kind thoughts and wishes. We really wish all of you could join us on our quest for that perfect 4x5 Newsmans camera of yesteryear.

from a very small town in America,
Washington Bob

#261562 - 06/28/09 9:05 am Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
Graham Ham Offline
Private sponsor
Graham Ham  Offline
Private sponsor

South East England
Hey there WABOB ..

Sometimes, only a few words are needed to respond to yarn, and in this case, only two are really needed....

'Bloody Marvleus'

bigt

Good judgment comes from experience, but the most memorable experiences tend to come from bad judgment!

http://www.panther-publishing.co.uk/default.asp?contentID=18

#261595 - 06/28/09 1:59 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
GrandPaul Online content
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Hey, Bob, that Tasmanian Devil lure sounds like a little shag-tailed offset spinner lure we use in south Texas on Largemouth Bass, my Dad used to call them "subtractors" because they'd never fail to subtract from the number of fish in the pond. We had a hunting and fishing lease (about 1,500 acres in the south Texas scrub) where we would go every weekend, it had nearly a dozen stock ponds for watering the cattle out there; one tank in particular, the biggest one, we called the "Five Second Tank". You'd throw a "Subtractor" in there, count to five and let it sink, then reel in anything from a nice pan-sized bass to a 6-pound lunker! GUARANTEED.

So, did you make the connection on that camera? I don't think it sounds like it from your report...

Did you invite the guy with the KTT to join you two and make it a "Three Musketeers" ride next time out?

Get those lads cranking out boards, and get youselves back on the road, WE NEED ANOTHER CHAPTER!

#261738 - 06/29/09 5:25 am Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: GrandPaul]  
Washington Bob Offline
BritBike Forum member
Washington Bob  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Washington State
Hey G.P.
Thankyou son for your posting...I always love hearing from you. The Tasmanian Devil that Tasman sent me is a MONSTER lure!!! Fish cannot resist it....really...6 casts...6 fish! Period! Just does the job on them. Ian....you are THE MAN!

The man with the camera did not come through..it was not as he advertised it ...just not the real deal. I am thinking that I will start searching for the camera that took the place of the Speed Graphic camera in the news photographers world...the Nikon D1H or Nikon D1X digital camera. These camera came about in 1999 and revolutionised the newspaper world. The cost a freakin fortune back then but are not expensive now and still do a monster job....plus they are easier to post to the web!!!

I think I will start looking to one of these first generation of pro built Nikon digital cameras. Nikon D1...D1H...D1X and D2H....anyone of them will do the job as well as can be done and ALL the newspapers in America used them at the time.

Quest #2 is ON!!!

G.P......the man with the Velo KTT does not even start it every year let alone ride it. Velo Don and I got it running for him and he was surprised at how much noise it made!! Last time he ran it was in 1986....but it was simply awesome to hear and I did get to ride it down the road...a true privilage and so happy to have the opportunity to do so. I know you would have loved it.

My young men at the lumber yard always have my back..they make a point of showing me respect each and every day and love it when I tell them they did a good job on a project. I respect them for their hard work and they return the honor.

GrandPaul.....one thing I want to tell you...I respect the way you do your business and how you take care of your customers. I know you take care of them...the way you would want to be taken care of....and this is the most important rule of business and our daily lives. Your care and consideration of your old friend, Bob, has humbled me and you have my deepest admiration and respect.

I hope to be back out on the road on the 4th of July weekend with Velo Don, my lovely wife Lois, my youngest son Geoff and the ever youthful 90 yr young Velo Don...in search of the Nikon Digital Newsmans camera.

Actually I have been told the Nikon digital newscameras cost less than the 50 year old film cameras and I can post the images directly to the web....awesome!

More later...got to get to bed...up at 4:15 so I can open the lumberyard at 6am tomorrow...nigh all.

Washington Bob signing off

#261815 - 06/29/09 3:06 pm Re: WABOB & Velo Don's HWY 12 Adventure/Quest continues [Re: Washington Bob]  
GrandPaul Online content
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Bob, I can only hope to be half the man you are, and anywhere near as respected; you are as fine an example of a "man's man" as anyone can point out.

If anyone wants an example of what it means to TRULY ENJOY LIFE, they only need read a few episodes of "Washington Bob's ongoing adventures".

Sally was wondering why I had such a big smile while checking in on the forum yesterday morning, and I explained the whole story, including Velo Don and how you "woke him up" from his dreary days when he saw the Gold Star and started to come back to life! Her eyes looked a little moist and she let me get back to my reading.

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.216s Queries: 15 (0.016s) Memory: 0.9606 MB (Peak: 1.2715 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-18 10:23:19 UTC