BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Coco
Coco
Regina Sk, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
210 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,646 guests, and 556 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
revans, Gilly, XTINCT, Bruce Roberts, Brian Ellery
9959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 193
koan58 99
Stuart 84
NickL 73
Popular Topics(Views)
438,944 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,290
Posts632,453
Members9,959
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#236832 - 02/09/09 5:48 pm Possibly my last T100SC question (for now)  
choppadude Offline
BritBike Forum member
choppadude  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Corning N.Y.
As much as I hate to admit it, these hard economic times has finally gotten to the point of putting a pinch on me. I recently lost my job of 20 years and am back in school trying to hone my skills and make myself more marketable. In the mean time the bills are piling up and the income from the shop just is not keeping up.
That is why I have decided to part with my 1966 T100SC. Now I know there is a for sale section here and am not trying to peddle my wares in this section but rather get a little help on coming up with a fair price in which to ask. Now I know in order to do this I will need to provide some info, so here it goes.
This is a 1966 T100SC model as decipherd by the serial # on the engine block. The frame is not stamped,appears to have never been stamped and is in what appears to be original paint. There has been no grinding or cutting of the frame in any part. The tank is there and complete. Has a few small dents but is in great shape inside. The seat is a reproduction and is in great shape.The motor retains the original ET ignition with the addition of newer ET style coils.The forks have NOS tubes but need the correct seal holders as I believe the ones on it are from a 250 Triumph. The motor kicks over smoothly with compression and I had it running when I first bought the bike. There are a couple chipped fins on the head but I have a replacement head in excellent shape that has the same 1966 date code. The oil tank is in great shape with no damage and original paint. Also has the complete siamese exhaust sytem in great shape with do dents,dings or rust. The wheels are probably the worst aspect of the bike as the rims have thier share of rust that I just do not think can be cleaned up to be presentable. It has the correct 1" handlebars. Also has the correct monoblock carb with the bent rod style choke. The kickstand is original and in good undamaged condition. Now on to the parts that are not on the bike but I have. Reproduction aluminum front fender,original aluminum rear fender in great shape,all the fender brackets and parts in new black gloss powdercoat. NOS ET Lucas wiring harness (cost me a small fortune),NOS splash pan and brackets,Lucas ET horn,NOS complete headlight assembly,NOS complete taillight assembly but lense is not Lucas (used the
lense on another bike).NOS grabrail,very nice chaingaird with no damage,original Lucas stop lamp switch, Lucas kill switch, Fork gaiters and probably a bit more stuff I cannot remember at this time. As I said,the engine is in good cosmetic shape with no cracks or chain damage and the frame is original and unmolested. Also NOS seat hinges.
If anyone cares to offer me an opinion as to not so much the value but a realistic asking price for this bike. I am thinking that $1800 - $2000 would be resonable but am always interested in what other of a like might think.
Thanks
Steve (Choppa)

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#236936 - 02/10/09 7:18 am Re: Possibly my last T100SC question (for now) [Re: choppadude]  
Jon W. Whitley Online content
Jon W. Whitley  Online Content

Vermont
Hate to see you have to sell that Steve frown

That bike is cool the way it sits and I know will be a kick a$$ bike when it is done..it already looks that way!!

I would think that $2,000 is a good asking price and with what you have, there shouldn't be any negotiating...IMO.

Are you sure you can't keep it and sell something else?

beerchug

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1970 BSA A65F 650 - Project

#237603 - 02/14/09 1:40 am Re: Possibly my last T100SC question (for now) [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
choppadude Offline
BritBike Forum member
choppadude  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Corning N.Y.
Wish I could Jon but for right now I will have to be satisfied to be wrenching on others bikes while waiting on my own toys. I do have the Road King to ride but still missing the ole kick start LOL!
We still on for the frame swap I hope? Have a motor to drop in and will make a good foundation for a build. Probably be a week or two before I have the shipping $.
Later
Steve

#237619 - 02/14/09 2:53 am Re: Possibly my last T100SC question (for now) [Re: choppadude]  
Jon W. Whitley Online content
Jon W. Whitley  Online Content

Vermont
Sell the Road King, keep the Triumph grin

Yeah, we're still on for the swap. I am also building my Hamilton's up for the shipping. Plus, I haven't had a day off in almost two weeks crazy

Without a doubt, you will be the recipient of this frame, no worries there.

beerchug

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1970 BSA A65F 650 - Project

Moderated by  John Healy 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.297s Queries: 15 (0.006s) Memory: 0.8160 MB (Peak: 0.9539 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-23 14:55:44 UTC