My Comet recently stopped charging. I charged the battery and then checked between the battery terminals with a meter, whilst revving the throttle but it showed no rising voltage so I suspect the solid state regulator is faulty. However whilst at this stage I thought I would check the dynamo output. Seems I have to put a heavy wire link between the D and F terminals (I assume D & F are the terminals that the 2 out put wires are connected to) then connect my meter to one of them and earth to get a running reading. My question is, as an electricity illiterate, is why must it be a heavier wire and why cant you just put a meter between the 2 output wires that go to the regulator?
Dave Tiger 100SS 1966 T120V 1972 Vincent Comet 1952