BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
PBMW
PBMW
Bremerton, Washington, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
210 registered members (Adam M.), 1,828 guests, and 547 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Brian Ellery, Jon Andrews, Berni Ernst, johnguppy, michael morgan
9955 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 188
koan58 100
Stuart 88
NickL 66
Popular Topics(Views)
437,093 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,270
Posts632,142
Members9,955
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#643643 - 03/10/16 2:23 pm getting old... means more issues  
expresidente Online content
BritBike Forum member
expresidente  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Germany North

Hy everybody
I dont know, if its just a matter of age or just bad luck. A few weeks back it started with a swallen ellbow, comes out as a issue called: "housemaids knee"... never ever had problems like that before (never been a housemaid before....).The doc pumped out some liquid about three times, and its not over yet. And now some new pain; wanted to start the M20 lately. Cold out in the workshop, the probably straight 50s oil makes it not easy to turn the engine...and not had the right shoes for the job eather. Wore some kind of rubber boots with soft souls. The kickstartlever normally sits just where the heel starts, but at this position the soul was too soft so i kicked the bike with the footpad..no good decition. I could feel the seine-muscle torn, and now i move in baby steps, have to eat painkiller, inject miself anti-trombose meds and be patient till its over...right kickerfoot is twice as big and the bruises goes down to the ancle.
This weekend i was in the mood to go for an classic trial event at Brockhöfe. Did post a story before, but i cant walk so much, so i will miss it.
Hope i am better in two weeks; there will be a swapmeet at Brokstedt. Did post pics of that event, too. Will have a stall, and gonna show the BMW R50S(with R60 motor), it will go if the price is right.

aint look too bad..?
And i will have some more bikes with me; more for show off, to wake interest and to get contact to other like minded folks.
For sure you gonna get to see some pics when its over.
Cheers Dieter

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#643644 - 03/10/16 2:28 pm Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
wadeschields Offline
BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Offline
BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
Feel better soon Dieter .... Try to take it easy and let it heal properly

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
#643655 - 03/10/16 3:32 pm Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
Kev. Online sick
BritBike Forum member
Kev.  Online Sick
BritBike Forum member

Royal Berkshire.
Man I want that BMW!

Take care Dieter, it is no fun when age overtakes ambition.

http://kevindean.zenfolio.com/

http://backstreetthunder.wordpress.com/

1950 Vincent Comet
1952 Norton Special
1963 BSA Super Rocket
1970 BSA A65 Lightning
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado x2
2009 Triumph Bonneville (now sold)

#643657 - 03/10/16 3:41 pm Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: Kev.]  
expresidente Online content
BritBike Forum member
expresidente  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Germany North
Hy Kevin
Are you interested in a short trip to Hamburg? Maybe for Brokstedt swap-meet or the Bullerbü Meeting about six weeks later?
Flight from London goes quick, a bike here is of course available. You are welcome.Bring helmet and camera.

#643677 - 03/10/16 4:55 pm Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
beezageezauk Offline
BritBike Forum member
beezageezauk  Offline
BritBike Forum member

North East England
Take extra care Dieter. Don't do too much too quickly and let the healing process happen naturally.

Beezageezauk.

#643685 - 03/10/16 5:39 pm Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
Andy Lorenz Offline
Andy Lorenz  Offline

Stafford, UK
Dieter, just play with the dogs, its safer.

Thrash, Bang, Re-Build...
#643686 - 03/10/16 5:47 pm Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
Ger B Offline
BritBike Forum member
Ger B  Offline
BritBike Forum member

NL
Take care Dieter, mein Freund.
Tomorrow morning at fysiotherapy for my old shoulder I will think of you. laughing

I love the BMW.

Ger B

#643702 - 03/10/16 7:17 pm Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
JiminNC Offline
Life member
JiminNC  Offline
Life member

NC
Take care & rest up & follow the doctor's orders.

Jim

'67 WD-B40
'71 A65L
'71 TR25T
#643703 - 03/10/16 7:25 pm Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
Damn, Dieter you're gonna need to take it easy on the old hardware there, my friend. Getting older just means slower healing. So try to be more selective about just how you hurt yourself, alright?

And yeah that BMW is pretty awesome. Too bad (or maybe a good thing) I'm not closer.

Well, DO take care of yourself, brother. Bikes do come and go. But there's only one you.

Last edited by ricochetrider; 03/10/16 7:27 pm.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#643713 - 03/10/16 8:49 pm Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
D.Bachtel Online content
BritBike Forum member
D.Bachtel  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

SLO County, CA
Originally Posted By expresidente

That looks very nice, but I'm a sucker for older black Germans.
Take it easy on them bones there Dieter.
Old takes time, it's difficult enough just being a human!

Don in Nipomo

#643763 - 03/11/16 8:32 am Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
Don Leaming Online content
BritBike Forum member
Don Leaming  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Ontario Canada
Life's a bitch, then you get old. Take it easy and see somebody who will work on your rehabilitation if it will help.
It's taken all winter but finally got my right knee back to where I should be able to kick start the Commando. Inattention and the wrong footwear caused it to give me a healthy kickback early last September that left me limping like Chester on Gunsmoke. It never would of happened when I was 50, or even 60, I went and bought a knee brace but that thing's more trouble than it was worth. A good sports injury physiotherapist gave it some attention and recommended pool therapy. Been in the pool doing water exercises all winter and must say the knee feels great now.
Cheers and hope it's better soon. Spring's a comin!
Don

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
#643777 - 03/11/16 11:21 am Re: getting old... means more issues [Re: expresidente]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By expresidente

This weekend i was in the mood to go for an classic trial event at Brockhöfe. Did post a story before, but i cant walk so much, so i will miss it.
Hope i am better in two weeks; there will be a swapmeet at Brokstedt. Did post pics of that event, too. Will have a stall, and gonna show the BMW R50S(with R60 motor), it will go if the price is right.

aint look too bad..?
And i will have some more bikes with me; more for show off, to wake interest and to get contact to other like minded folks.
For sure you gonna get to see some pics when its over.
Cheers Dieter

That's a beautiful bike. There are only a few bikes from the 1960s on which you can tour just as if it's a 2005 bike, and this is one of them.

I had a new BMW R65 once and it was a wonderful bike. If I weren't already bike-poor, an R50/2 or R60/2 would be a great addition to the fleet ....

Lannis

OK, I admit it, I'm addicted to brake fluid.

But I can stop any time I want.

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.167s Queries: 15 (0.005s) Memory: 0.8801 MB (Peak: 1.0924 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-21 08:08:17 UTC