Ok, I thought that going the Boyer
route was going to ease the amount of weight I lost this summer, but I was wrong. History:
1. The bike was running (not great, but would come to life after awhile) so I decided to part with my coppers for a Boyer
2. Installed per instructions (I have one on my VS)and checked connections voltage etc.
3. I have been kicking for two days and one lone kickback.
4. I have read the threads on this site.
5. I have read the trouble shooting site at British Cycle, and RF's article on the GA site.
6. I can get a spark by touching the two points plate leads together.
7. New 6 volt coils, copper leads, old caps, new ngk 7BES plugs.
8. Painted dot at points plate lines up. rotor snug on taper.
9. Battery voltage stays around 12.4 with light on for two minutes.
10. Common ground for whole bike. I guess I could ground to battery (not sure how to ground to rectifier per RF since I am running Podtronics.
11. It must be simple, but I am stuck for the moment. I will heed all suggestions.
Steve in Ohio