BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
JRC Engineering dealers
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
coletrain
coletrain
wichita, ks in the USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
33 registered members (998John), 231 guests, and 397 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
philliplye, Will K, jachenbach, EarniesT100R, Chad bowles
10214 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 107
Stuart 106
reverb 70
Popular Topics(Views)
578,993 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics66,821
Posts648,016
Members10,214
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Events
13 minutes ago
oley fairgrounds
0 1 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
Now and then someone posts on one of the local forums about where to get a dinged, bent wheel straightened. Then follows a number of suggestions of wheel shops that will fix the rim and make it look good.

It seems to me, and I may be wrong, and I usually am, wrong, that is, that straightening a cast aluminum wheel is a bad idea.

Am I wrong?

I realize there are also forged wheels. The latest local post has to do with a 1995 Kawasaki GPz 550, so I'm assuming that one would be cast.

PS -- good info on wheels here, didn't see repairs covered, though:
https://www.cycleworld.com/behind-design-motorcycle-wheels-from-archives
0 37 Read More
GARAGE SALE- The FREE Private Buy-Sell BOARD
05/18/18 7:53 pm
[Linked Image]

THE BIKE IS A 500 CC DBD34 1958 AND HAS BEEN FULLY RESTORED (all of each parts of the bikes !)
this BSA Goldstar HAS HAD OVER £9 000 of Restored work (2015-2018).
Frame CB32.7180 (1958)
Engine restored by ABSAF in 2016 (NL)

THE BIKE LOOKS AMAZING, COMES WITH A LARGE FOLDER OF ORIGINAL BSA PAPERWORK and bills about the restoration.
Sounds and runs Great and Rides Very Well Too !
Genuine DBD34 GS Engine with facrory unstamped Cases (comes with original BSA factory paperwork after dammage on the original cases in 1963)
661 680 parts number matching cases (same number on each side)
GP carbs, STD gearbox restored fit on the bike (more easy to ride) but RRT2 restored comes with the bike
Bob newby clutch and primary belt (2017)
Alloy rim with Stainless steel spokes
Petrol Tank (Lyta) with a small ding
Mag BTH TT Restored 2016 (Theodole (NL)). Fit on the bikeMag Dyno Lucas MO1 freshly fully Restored 2018 (Theodole (NL)) comes with the bike.

Some lovely Eddie DOW parts fit on the bike:
- Induction spacer blocks
- Duetto racing seat (not fit on the bike) with rear loop
- Alloy central oil tank
- Alloy engine and gearbox mounting plates
- Eddie dow fork (top yoke, steering damper knob, hydraulic damper)
- Front fork brace stabilizer

Also available with the bike :
AMAL 3GP6 needle + megaphone

Lot of pictures with a lot of details details are available, ask me your questions

Some video are also available
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJvLsJq2tLA&t=3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxGUd-OwHFI

and with megaphone and jetting + 3GP6 needle carb
https://www.facebook.com/100008500323768/videos/1526944880932175/?l=2741322881196791352

BSA Gold Star

I prefer to swap this bike and my priority is to swap with a harley davidson (pre 1954). Ideally a hydra glide (48-53).
Swap also possible with velocette venom clubman

I can ship the bike worlwide
0 140 Read More
Triumph Bulletin Board
05/17/18 12:12 am
Hi Folks,

I am chasing a 97-7059 Outer Fork Member Left .

It is the odd one for a T140D. The old one is worn out. I have tried using the common part. It doesn't work. The front wheel ends up offset.

Any comments on sleeving these things are welcome.
0 74 Read More
Sponsors & Vendors Forum - Buy-Sell BOARD
05/16/18 3:55 pm
Amal Premier Carbs Back In-Stock (Spring-2018)

[Linked Image]

I'm sure everyone in the market for Amal Premier carbs has probably been aware that there was a "delay" in obtaining them. I have (and others) have been waiting for slightly over a year to actually get a good flow of carbs in.

I wanted to break the news out to you and say that the new Amal Premier carbs are now here and ready for shipment. There is enough Amal Premier carbs to go around.

To purchase or view our full stock of Amal Premier and Amal carb parts feel free to see this link: Amal Premier & Carb Parts

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us! Sales@classicbritishspares.com or (661) 951-2120

All Amal Premier carbs ship free in the USA
0 82 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
05/15/18 1:33 pm
Mark Z and I took a few photos at the swap meet. The meet was small but there were a lot of interesting parts. I picked up some tools, alloy exhaust clamps (to be modified), and several Royal Enfield parts that were practically given to me or sold very inexpensively so they could be passed on to RE owners. The weather cooperated this year - it was a beautiful day. There were enough visitors at one point that the road was lined with parked cars all the way onto Brick Church Road.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Mark Z of this forum is parting out a 71 A65 FS...Mark's friend in photo
[Linked Image]
A couple ride-ins - Gary's Norton lives in same town as me.
[Linked Image]
The two KR's are for sale - the black one is the first year
[Linked Image]
This is a one owner from new BSA - restoration being completed in Jim's shop
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Probably the nearby Brick Church Road refers to this no longer standing church. For our region, anything from the 1820's is ancient history. Too bad the building is gone.
[Linked Image]
Jim Noll of British Bike Connection and the famous Bob Harris of Odd Ball Old Dog Cycles - promoter of the Curtiss Classic cycle meet
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This Ducati was ridden in and sounds as amazing as it looks. I guess they wanted to be sure the little 250 wouldn't peg the speedometer needle.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thanks to all the vendors and visitors. Everyone had a wonderful day.
Al
0 136 Read More
Royal Enfield Forum
05/13/18 8:35 pm
Nice Reproductions
Price per pair-
With the proper 4BA screws/nuts,almost as good as NOS.I paid $125 for an NOS pair, 4 years ago,and still had to obtain a machine screw for one reflector.
0 86 Read More

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership