BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
229 registered members ('59 Bonnie), 2,010 guests, and 769 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mach1mustang351, Msh5337, Barry Boxall, StephenD, Ang C
9707 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 120
Stuart 70
desco 57
Peter R 54
Popular Topics(Views)
345,010 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics63,811
Posts616,404
Members9,707
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Follow BritBike here!
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Triumph Bulletin Board
22 minutes ago
Hopefully one last question - do I also need to replace the tappets? I am going with tappet block guides and push rod tubes to fit the 68 head. Looks like 66-68 are the same....
see more
587 Views · 16 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
37 minutes ago
Originally Posted by JDTom, how do the jackets feel in the summer? That softer Perfecto is amazing in summer. Obviously (maybe) not in summer sun but on cool summer evenings, it's great! It fits a bit loose around the waist so I don't wear it when weather gets cooler out. But th...
see more
44 Views · 6 Comments
GARAGE SALE- The Private Buy-Sell BOARD
46 minutes ago
hey, your PM box is full. I have a question about your dads 1961 BSA A10 Spitfire scrambler. I noted that it was supplied new with a 140 mph speedo fitted. what is the model number of the speedo and does it have a plain straight needle like fitted to the later speedos and most ta...
see more
143 Views · 4 Comments
The Competition Forum
49 minutes ago
Kevin, this will get you fired up for racing ...
see more
345,040 Views · 951 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
Simply searching google images for "Triumph 70-6000" (these are in Part book 4 the correct items for 1966-68 TR6/T120) produces a number of well known vendors showing wildly different parts, including 70-9349 "wedding band" type pushrod tubes with the "sw...
see more
22 Views · 0 Comments
HOT LINKS Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by edunhamI actually think the bike is kind of neat. If the purchase included some proof of the seller's dad's exploits (photos, trophies, tickets), it would be even cooler. But it is no where near $12G cool to me. Having said that, there are plenty of people...
see more
166 Views · 9 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
Many thanks.. it gets very confusing indeed as if you enter a Google Images search for "Triumph 70-6000" you will get displays from various dealers showing different types of pushrod tubes, also sometimes dual named 70-9349! Is 70-9349 backward compatible with E600? It...
see more
96 Views · 4 Comments
British Motorcycles in General
1 hour ago
I do 20 minute spells, I just repeat until its clean, takes one or two cycles. As you operate the temp increases without the heater so I stop at 35c and take the casting out to reduce risk of staining....
see more
494 Views · 16 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
2 hours ago
I just loosened cable. Will unscrew Rod a little tomorrow. Pretty sure I installed key, but guess this will be next check if previous doesn't do it. Neither of these explains why it's not slipping when in gear and bikes rolled forward though ?...
see more
64 Views · 2 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
2 hours ago
As a last resort you can remove the head and using a plastic or aluminum drift hit the front and rear of the piston domes to get them to rock in the bores to free them. Worst case is to drill/break the pistons out. They may be unusable anyway if they seized....
see more
86 Views · 5 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
2 hours ago
see more
503 Views · 20 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by BSA_WM20As a good friend of mine pointed out, the most common Notrun with a blown crank is the rubber mounted Commando. With the rubber mounting set up properly the rider is isolated from an engine leaping up & down screaming for mercy just before it gren...
see more
31,947 Views · 71 Comments
Velocette Forum
2 hours ago
M20, my experience with Groves matches yours. I have ordered much from them, and they have an A+ rating from me in the shipping department. I also agree with Joolstacho, the primary chaincase is a real challenge to get leak free. Making a moveable gearbox to facilitate primary ch...
see more
381 Views · 27 Comments
2 hours ago
I thought that some of you may find this useful. A Lucas wiring color code key. Feel free to download yours today by clicking on the blog link: https://www.classicbritishspares.com/blogs/news/lucas-wiring-color-code-key...
see more
14 Views · 0 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
2 hours ago
Hi All, I have about 1/16" left before the rivet heads are flush on the linings on my conical front brake, is it time to replace? I have a new set of brake shoes, the linings on the new shoes are only about 1/32" thicker than the worn linings, so there's probably a bit...
see more
14 Views · 0 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
3 hours ago
Many thanks in that case...... great........
see more
67 Views · 3 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by ricochetriderOriginally Posted by No Name ManThe Honeysuckle...1966...riding little country roads on a borrowed bike. Round a curve...wham, a wall of honeysuckle. Just the scent of course. Bout knocks you out. Same with Lilacs in the spring.... Love the smel...
see more
180 Views · 10 Comments
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Gui d'Orey I also set the points gap to 0,003" according to the BSA owner's manual, which is smaller than what was previously set to, and now she runs rougher. Probably another sign that something's not quite right...What's not right is you have the ga...
see more
178 Views · 10 Comments
4 hours ago
I've put one of my two Bonnie resto projects on e-bay. Taking a realistic look at the garage and my bank account resulted in the decision. Frame & cycle parts are powdercoated black, new fork parts, complete wheels with brakes, meters, carbs, all the core engine parts, bodyw...
see more
37 Views · 0 Comments
5 hours ago
Thanks fellows! It will be fun to see what others notice later on..............
see more
397 Views · 18 Comments
Norton Bulletin Board
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Dave ComeauI highly recommend INOA rallies. I've been to probably 15 of them since the late 80's. Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan,NY, Ontario, Vermont, New Hampshire(2), Pennsylvania, Virginia(2), North Carolina, Georgia. ? a few more maybe. For the potential atte...
see more
1,080 Views · 7 Comments
6 hours ago
The "15" stamped into the carb's lozenge indicates the original motorcycle model application for which this carburetor was produced, by AMAL. That code identifies the jetting, slide and other internals of that carburetor. Also, "TR25W" or "BSA Starfire 2...
see more
3,301 Views · 5 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
7 hours ago
Ok folks, sell your oil company shares!! The oil shortage is over. My gearbox is officially now an oil well. But seriously, thanks for all the helpful and thoughtful comments. Since I last drained the gearbox (meaning getting it back to measuring tube height level) I've done ...
see more
1,703 Views · 21 Comments
BSA Gold Star Forum
7 hours ago
heat and bend as often as you like....
see more
141 Views · 3 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
7 hours ago
I agree,this bike could be cleaned up in whatever direction you choose. I'd keep the seat and add some rearsets and low bars. Not nearly as ugly as a stock '69....
see more
694 Views · 25 Comments
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership