BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor  
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Member Spotlight
oggy
oggy
Lancashire, England
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Andy1778, markdam, Bill Long, Adrian1983, Steveskates
9555 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
kommando 116
Stuart 80
Lannis 73
NickL 61
Boomer 59
Popular Topics(Views)
274,866 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics62,830
Posts605,777
Members9,555
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BSAOC International Rally Forum
20 minutes ago
It's only going to be good weather for ducks this weekend, anyway....
see more
5,482 Views · 36 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
38 minutes ago
Richie, 2 tricks I learnt here for a super dry head joint are 2 small O-rings in the front oil drain holes in the head hasket. I use a 3mm (ID) x 2mm O ring, but also have some 5/32" x 1.78mm (yes seems an odd size, but that's what it says) in a bag that look like they ...
see more
432 Views · 18 Comments
Members Bike Projects
59 minutes ago
Wear like that on a cam and follower normally indicates poor lubrication flow or crap oil, but as it's only one lobe it's a bit strange. If you rummage around swap meets you can sometimes find original (proper asbestos) linings which i find are still the best. The only thing is ...
see more
216 Views · 6 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
...as mentioned I have the NH kit and the T140s springs, I fastened almost to where you see the head of the internal screw and the lever action is normal; not heavy action like you are describing....
see more
1,390 Views · 51 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
...thanks Tigernuts; RF, as mentioned almost all is new and is a 79 bottom end. Ex camshaft is a 9989; both camshafts timed as per Mr Russell. Why living in the 50s? If you do not have a proper clutch all those ponies that the cyl head etc provide, do not go right to the rear wh...
see more
322 Views · 16 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
1 hour ago
...Flying Tiger is not bad but for the most powerful bonneville and to retain (or create) marketing sales, I think that The wild one still could be the name. With all the sales success that Bonnevilles have been having (I do not know about the new 1200) in all these years; if th...
see more
147 Views · 6 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
I thought that the front part of the fully enclosed chain guard bolted onto the primary through that hole. Having said that I am not sure that the fully enclosed chain guard was fitted to US models. It was certainly fitted to my 1960 A7 Shooting Star when I bought it in 1964. It ...
see more
29 Views · 3 Comments
Three State Mountain Ride Forum
2 hours ago
than i guess than it will be a boring weekend. Originally Posted by MikeGI guess you and the kat will have to be this years entertainment....
see more
2,330 Views · 44 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
2 hours ago
Thanks Al. Really enjoyed seeing a couple of REs for a change. Don...
see more
245 Views · 6 Comments
British Motorcycles in General
2 hours ago
We have three bikes that are entered now and one on waiting list. Some how my name got on one of the entries. Going be a busy 18 months ahead....
see more
6,688 Views · 151 Comments
HOT LINKS Forum
3 hours ago
Well--unless Blown Income goes and has a look at the bike and the numbers we will all be talking about we know not what. In the words of Winston Churchill "Action this day"...
see more
93 Views · 6 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by macthanks all......problem solved What was it?...
see more
134 Views · 11 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
Sort of like taking your own marked deck to the card game! But a little more technology .......
see more
27 Views · 1 Comments
Norton Bulletin Board
4 hours ago
So I just registered on the Norton site, and went to the rally sign-up form and .... $90 + $20 camping ... ! Ouch! I guess I'm used to Guzzi rallies where it's about $35 for a weekend ... I'll take some time to get over the shock and then maybe sign up ... or maybe just vis...
see more
422 Views · 4 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Hi Guys, Ok, had a chance to test the breather disc. Since motor is on bench I hooked a long piece of 3/8" hose to breather pipe. Most interesting.... Blowing on hose with my mouth. When the disc is closed you cannot hardly blow air at all. It is obviously closed & bl...
see more
1,631 Views · 13 Comments
HOT LINKS Forum
Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Bill Curry was the Weslake outfit rider to watch, but he had reliability problems with them, look at his TT record. Quite a few blokes were using just the head on Triumph bottom ends over the years but i never really looked to see how it was achieved. N Hall-Smith raced a ver...
see more
194 Views · 7 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
I had a 930 220 main with a #3 slide on my 68 B44. It was just right....
see more
363 Views · 12 Comments
Members Bike Projects
Yesterday at 08:39 PM
I think the 40" figure was indeed for a short mega. My Devimead came with that same set up, short mega and siamese with open 30 mm carbs, it needed a 220 MJ....
see more
258,673 Views · 402 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 08:34 PM
the teeth are very close, but not engaged when the kicker is up note the spring goes around the shaft and the smaller steel shaft if you don't yet have this link, lots of tech info, parts manuals and repair manuals here: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com/owners_repair_manuals.ht...
see more
659 Views · 32 Comments
BSA Gold Star Forum
Yesterday at 08:32 PM
That's it! Thanks for your help!...
see more
163 Views · 4 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
Yesterday at 07:51 PM
Take the cover off the regulator and look at it. Crossing the two leads from the dynamo over can cause the cutout points to weld together....
see more
47 Views · 1 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 07:28 PM
I just googled Shoria batteries,got Lithium ion type. if yours is a Li ion type it may not take well to the crude charging regime on a motorcycle, they have very specific needs. Can you borrow/steal a lead acid and see if it goes the same way. I dont see anything much wrong with ...
see more
786 Views · 39 Comments
British Motorcycles in General
Yesterday at 07:21 PM
Thanks fellas. I figured good old fashioned hand cleaning would be the safest bet....
see more
106 Views · 4 Comments
BritBike Remembrance Forum
Yesterday at 06:43 PM
My RGS was sold buy Eddie in 1963 when i fisrt put a stand at stafford lots of his old staff came ,i am sure he will be rideing that old Goldie in the Sky.RIp....
see more
84 Views · 2 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 05:49 PM
The bike has been passed off as Jack Pine. Went to inspect it today....done deal, very impressed. I'll post pics when it's delivered early in the week. Thanks very much for your helpful comments....
see more
193 Views · 9 Comments
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership