BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
The Bonneville Shop JRC Engineering dealers
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
jimmymckenna
jimmymckenna
Scotland, UK
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
32 registered members (allen_m56), 177 guests, and 407 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
itomtom, Wristpin, Mom1, flyntone, RNORTON
10448 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 67
DavidP 61
Jeff K. 60
Popular Topics(Views)
732,544 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,575
Posts667,846
Members10,448
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Competition Forum
16 minutes ago
I believe the rear wheel is a Yamaha.
42 1,164 Read More
BSA Bulletin Board
23 minutes ago
The LI-ON batteries require a special charger. We had problems with them going dead in a Norton project. Company replaced it and same problem. If the bike sat for a couple of days to a week it would kill the battery. I read a article in the back of a motorcycle magazine a while back and they were talking about the need for a special voltage regulator if you use LI-ON batteries. I seem to recall that they are happy with a max voltage of 14.2V from the regulator and a "normal" regulator is a bit higher and can cause problems.
Jeff
21 316 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
56 minutes ago
0 5 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
1 hour ago
All I have to do is just shape up.............and the other buggers die laughing !
75 2,167 Read More
BSAOC International Rally Forum
1 hour ago
We also had a great time travelling with the blokes from NSW. Shane and I became friends climbing to the Pinnacles on the Grampians, Trevor and I sang Zappa songs together, Eric and I discussed old Indian mechanics, and Steve enlightened me regarding the proper way to fettle a bike for cross country rides. Seems we have a lot in common, not just BSAs. Shane and I were tractor riders and like the same music! The rally had something for everyone: farm equipment, fast motorcycles, scenery, and rooms for the criminally insane. Strange, they tried to get us to go into all the little rooms with the straight jackets. Good thing I didn't try them on or I'd still be there! The teas were always coming, I was able to throw a boomerang that actually returned to me, and we learned about Cooper's brews. Thanks to all the guys: Steve, Shane, Trevor, Mark, Peter, Eric, Jim and the friends that kept coming around to talk. We shared the cabin that was both the nearest to the venue tent and usually the center of attention at the rally due to the antics of the boys from NSW. I rode Thomas' Yamaha to the Great Ocean Road after the rally yesterday and found myself on the ferry from Queenscliff to Sorento as the sun went down. Riding back up to Narre-Warren in the darkness was interesting to say the least for this right hand side of the road rider. I'll post some pics after we return to the states. "It's good to be us!"
136 37,699 Read More
Triumph Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
...do not know any vendor that has NOS one.
MAP has one NOS headlight for 750 Dollars...

So there are 2 different Wassell, a Sparx that better avoid and the Lucas/wassell.

My original works and fit easy but has this other non solution problem hence the need for a new one.

In my other 79 engine the original rotor DOES NOT fit easy nor the removing.
12 127 Read More
The Competition Forum
1 hour ago
out of curiosity, does anybody recognize this rear wheel? i have looked and looked at motorcycle images, but never came across it:

[Linked Image]

the front is an RC components spinner, one of the few no-brake drag wheels available in 17 inches.
42 1,164 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
1 hour ago
...most people will be petrified by the fear factor.
Also Henry you are a big guy, I am not and have a damaged body, so I cannot defend myself as you say. May be you would not say the previous stuff if you were built smaller.
75 2,167 Read More
British Motorcycles in General
2 hours ago
I'd get in contact with Terry Vrla. He does instruments for BMW. He might be able to help.

terryvrla@hotmail.com
1 23 Read More
The Competition Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by koncretekid
Kevin,
You might be able to find one with a smaller disc bolt pattern, I think Suzuki Katana like the ebay item below. You can probably use up to 3.5" width rim with a 120/70 ZR17. Always think ahead to be able to fit smaller rear sprockets!
Tom

it will take some doing for me to need Z-rated tires, just yet. but your idea of a front wheel on the back would sure solve a lot of my problems. that katana wheel might be a better solution, seeing as how the hub is so tiny. wiki says it came with a 110/80-17 tire. i was originally trying to use these, front and back:

[Linked Image]

dunno whether these 2.5-inch tires would fit on a 3.00-inch rim (2.5-inch rims are thin on the ground). some internet tire charts seem to say so. i need to call goodyear again and see what the tire guy is willing to admit to me about fitting his tires to a slightly wider rim.
42 1,164 Read More
HOT LINKS Forum
2 hours ago
www.bmccny.org club member Roger Powers is selling a neat period project.

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/mpo/d/triumph-parts/6750944887.html

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 99 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
Well Lannis, I don't think that ANYONE will fight to the fullest extent of their abilities. Especially if they have never been confronted with the necessity to do so. I did not realize this until the three jerks attacked me. Now I know different. It's an education not taught in school or by parents today or in my day. Everyone thought everything was cool. It was not and is not.
75 2,167 Read More
BSA Gold Star Forum
3 hours ago
Not necessarily an apprentice !
Charlie
3 86 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by henryanthony

Any dog or person that attacks me, my family, my friends or my dog is going to experience my full wrath. I have teeth and will bite. I have claws and will go for the eyes. I will grab any dog and smash it to the ground and stomp it to death. That goes for people too.

In the mean time, I am a tree hugging hippie preaching love and peace. Just don't mess with me.

I'm pretty sure that ANYONE, despite their opinion of dog breeds, despite their assessment of the risk of being attacked, despite any and all preaching of peace and love, despite their opinion of equality, diversity, tolerance, etc .... will fight hard with every weapon or ability at their command if they or theirs are under a deadly attack by a vicious dog, other animal, or human.

They may not say so (and that's OK), but they will.

Lannis
75 2,167 Read More
3 hours ago
Amsoli is the winner so far
Calling the company they recommended their "VTwin Transmission Fluid"

I have it in the T140 at the moment and it is like butter hot and cold. It has the "snick" I remember these having. They recommended another change as there would be contamination from the previous fluid of course

It is getting more common to find bottles of gear oil that say "compatible" with GL4 transmissions which of course is not the case.

From my experimenting now even a bottle labeled as GL4 is likely a modified version of GL5 according to 1 conversation with a Chevron rep and the Brad Penn rep voiced teh same concern.

Pouring this $14 bottle of synthetic oil in the gearbox I was skeptical... as I was not taking this virgin transmission (7400 miles) apart to clean it completely and then try. This is not science, These bikes are not going to the moon...just to the back roads and maybe a wheelie or a sweet jump.

Taking the Enfield to the shop tomorrow to prep for next weeks ride (all offroad) I will convert to the Amsoil and for the interested, get you some feedback.

If you're in my position I am presented daily with customers looking for off the shelf lubricants. Watching a person glaze over when I say they may need to order the fluid is disheartening. It is the first step to the owner parking the bike on the side of the house and never riding it again.

Most oils at auto stores are specific to late model machines....I have a bucket of galled cams to support it.
Keeping gearboxes alive has been fun for years with the HD guys..I am slowly seeing damaged English and Japanese transmissions come in. 50+ years of poor maintenance is finally catching up to them.
18 716 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by HawaiianTiger
Being prepared. Well, I'm prepared to hear any and all methods of self defense when it comes to dog attacks. I refuse to surrender my park to idiots with their pit bulls. The cops patrol....about 4 times a year....mostly looking for kids smoking pot. Duh....

Good job Bill. Nothing wrong in reaching down and pulling up your natural rage to defend your self and loved ones. I think we need more of this. Trust your body. It knows more than your mind.

Heard a rapper talk about this. He said "Don't mess with an old man. Old man can't run. Old man will just kill you.
75 2,167 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
I was attacked by schoolmates when in middle school years ago.The worst of the gang of three ran at me with the intention of punching me in the face. On instinct, I fell flat on my back. The prime attacker flew over me and landed on the sidewalk in a great deal of pain. I think back to this time knowing that I could have kicked ass on all three of the pricks but I did not and ran away.

Today, I am 67, 6'4", 205 lb. and I ride my bicycle 25 miles a day even in cold weather. Now, if I am ever attacked by anyone or any thing, they are going to know that they made a mistake. I need to prove to myself that I should have and could have kicked the [***] out of those three assholes.

Any dog or person that attacks me, my family, my friends or my dog is going to experience my full wrath. I have teeth and will bite. I have claws and will go for the eyes. I will grab any dog and smash it to the ground and stomp it to death. That goes for people too.

In the mean time, I am a tree hugging hippie preaching love and peace. Just don't mess with me.
75 2,167 Read More
Members Bike Projects
3 hours ago
Nearly went out on the bike today, fired it up. not one kick, oil in sump. 4, fn cold. got it runnin , looked at the clouds, nae fun possible, gave up. noted RHS header to head is leaking, on the to do list. This bugs me, the header joint is shagged, 3 strikes and out , last times were silicone only with strict clean up, will push beer can shims and RTV in for one last attempt, after that , once the scars have healed, its getting serious, ish. For me this is the shitiest part of the bike . Cheap and shitey. Whomesever bean counter that nixed the slightly more expensive but definetily more secure exhaust fixture, its probably too late to be shot with a ball of you own [***] , but I hope some thing similar keeps happening to you every year or so.

Borranis
Willdo, thanks for the headsup, lets see what comes.

I saw lots of "like Borrani " when I was shopping, same stuff probably , maybe less QC.

The hubs are now ridiculously over invested with time, black finger, the last bits of paint are finally gone,
goin for tractol paint, that self cleaning stuff isnt fully out yet. Might take a pop on the £3.50 chinese nano particles,
Shopping for Ti at the mo, its getting more available

Bored , I tried to guess the rim pattern , with spokes and hub, old rim , new spokes, total fail,

You really need the sketch of the old stuff, dont worry, I still have it.
929 621,971 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Hillbilly bike
Originally Posted by henryanthony
Remember the band "Devo" from the late 60s? The name Devo comes from the concept of 'de-evolution'—the idea that instead of continuing to evolve, mankind has actually begun to regress, as evidenced by the dysfunction and herd mentality of American society. Folks in that video are proving we are well along down that path to a self inflicted zombie apocalypse.

Do you really believe what you just said?

I think there's something to it ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdS-sSKsBc

Lannis
75 2,167 Read More
The Triple Forum
3 hours ago
Quote 'To me, all Indonesian music sounds like wind noise anyway.'

Magic, LOL.
17 336 Read More
3 hours ago
My 67 Bonnie has what seems to be a functioning ammeter. I would like to restore it, as the replacement Lucas version isn't the same and the Taiwan version looks cheap. Does anyone do this kind of work? I found a replacement for $150, but I'm wondering if there is someone who can freshen the paint on the needle and replace the bezel for less.

[Linked Image]
1 23 Read More
3 hours ago
Wouldn't it be lovely if changing the gearbox oil cured worn or badly assembled boxes/clutches eh?
18 716 Read More
British Modified/Specials
4 hours ago
He tells of everything except how it goes, handles and stops................The important stuff.
1 41 Read More
BSA Bulletin Board
4 hours ago
Fascinating!
I wondered what that tag was for. This bike has been altered from what the tag says.

Thanks for that info!
3 137 Read More
Triumph Bulletin Board
4 hours ago
A rather unflattering film of Eddie Turner going to work i think..........................................
8 239 Read More
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership