BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
Jwood & co JRC Engineering dealers Jwood & co
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Mirko
Mirko
Sombor Serbia
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
37 registered members (Beach), 229 guests, and 394 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Juan Cisneros, Willie, JohnS, Micke, Speedi594
10338 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Stuart 117
DavidP 70
reverb 68
Lannis 60
Popular Topics(Views)
663,968 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,731
Posts658,101
Members10,338
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Rod and Tappet
10 minutes ago
Originally Posted by htown
Nope, a 49-52 Fleetline Chevy.

[Linked Image]

wish i'd never sold my hudson

[Linked Image]

life marches on . . .
50 2,748 Read More
Triumph Bulletin Board
33 minutes ago
I have a ‘72 Tiger Jaun. Nice bike.

You’ll enjoy it.
5 84 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
48 minutes ago
The only way I know to avoid ongoing problems (to the best of ones ability and perseverance) is to check everything personally, that is all and fine for some folk but is not always possible for the majority, just having the space to strip a bike down can be a problem.

I seem to remember the Kev Eldorado on UK eBay ?

The problem with wanting to run an old bike on a regular basis is one, you do not know the true history or condition (like an ignition switch) and two, at the end of the day the devil is in the detail, it will that small detail that lets you down.
It is either an ongoing quest (fix as things go wrong) or check and fix from the get go (time and money) It is very easy to have way more investment than any possible return even if you have no intention of selling.

Here is my Eldorado as bought (sellers garage) , it looks like a very nice "15000 original mile" bike which it was but all of the internals were a write off.
I really do hope it will be running this year and by the time it is on the road it will have the best part of $20k in it. (The next caretaker will be getting a very solid original paint bike)

[Linked Image]

Here it is now.

[Linked Image]

I guess I am saying I am hearing your frustration Kev.
I am reminded now, with that new Greg Bender wiring loom I better not forget to check the ignition switch or replace it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
6 59 Read More
Members Bike Projects
55 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Mori55
Originally Posted by Magnetoman
Well I ordered a positive ground tailight bulb from classic British spares.
See if you can cancel that order. Look for a dual polarity bulb instead, that works on both + and - voltages.

Do they even have them in led ?
Yes, but I'm kind of tied up with other things now so you're on your own finding them. Try SuperbrightLEDs.com
91 44,299 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
1 hour ago
Lannis, that is an early to mid 1950s Porsche Spyder. A sweet little car with a racing heritage.

[Linked Image]

50 2,748 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
1 hour ago
hi...regarding switch lube...do NOT use liquid graphite lock lube...it conducts electricity and will short out the switch...I learned this the hard way on my 1975 XS650....it blew fuse after fuse until I flushed out the switch with contact cleaner from a spray can...
6 59 Read More
Norton Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
Anyone know what holds down the seat for the proddy racer ?

Lots of folks can supply them, mostly in a bare unfinished state.
And say you are responsible for organising the rest - including fixing it down.
And even upholstering it, in some cases.

But, what holds it down ??

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/n7cAAOSwnDZT2NI8/s-l1600.jpg

Does this thing appear in any parts lists anywhere ?
0 5 Read More
British Motorcycles in General
1 hour ago
Pilot air screw somewhere between 1 and 2 turns out. Should be a good start point.

Throttle screw? Is that the idle adjustment or a mixture adjustment?

If it's an idle then start with a high idle then tune the pilot air screw until fastest running. Drop the idle, tune the pilot again.

Best done with a warm engine but if it won't start then it will at least get it running.
1 52 Read More
The Competition Forum
1 hour ago
What blokes have achieved with their Triumphs, particularly Kevin and Tony, is incredible ( and, then, also, the misguided genius of some BSA twin blokes )! But, to me, what stands out is JH's short rod 750 only needing 20 degrees advance! As well as proving the efficacy of twin plug combustion chambers in a hemi head, I think a bit more has gone on. I've seen pics of what JH did to piston crown shapes and combustion chamber alterations on his 500 Triumphs I'd love to see some of the 750 head !
The less advance an engine needs points to efficient combustion ! Any chance of some pics, please, JH ?
24 302 Read More
BSA Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
You shouldn't have fuel flowing out of the pilot jet. That screw meters air, not fuel.

Is your float level(s) correct?
23 513 Read More
BSA Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
If you remove the idle or pilot jet, on the tip you will see either 2 rings which is a #17 or 3 rings which is a #19 which is slightly richer. One step in jet size is supposed to be equal to 3/4 turn on the air screw.
43 1,128 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by ricochetrider
buncha cool bikes outside at the curb, folks riding in from around

[Linked Image]

Looks like fun. What's this car here? Pretty basic looking ... !
50 2,748 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
2 hours ago
The tintype photographer guy from Gettysburg, Rj Gibson was on hand. He intinded to do some shooting but the light want right for his vintage camera...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

he did get one shot off tho...

[Linked Image]

Loads of great vintage bikes, mostly American Iron, but a mix of other stuff as well. There was a great family vibe to the whole thing, I mean there were ACTUAL families in there, BOWLING with their kids and whatnot... BUT the bike show people all seemed to know each other so there was a lot of chatting and laughing together. Load of of people came thru and we had fun talking to folks, hangin gout and making the scene. Lots of crossover between this crew and the oilers Car Club of Race Of Gentlemen fame, so lots of familiar faces. It was a good time!

I was out on the street at one point taking pix, and a guy I know thru Wade who was coming to the show tapped me not the shoulder to say hello. Couple minute later, somebody I've worked with over the years walked by with his children- just up in the Brooklyn mucking about on holiday! he was so face-out-of-place, that it took me a few minutes to dial him in... but it was fun to see him and just goes to show that anything is possible and the world isn't so small. I told Cynthia about bumping into people and she wasn't surprised- she thinks I bump into folks I known matter where I go in the world!

50 2,748 Read More
BSA Gold Star Forum
2 hours ago
Thanks Trevinoz for clarifying my wrong assumption. How about the gears?

Gordo
4 66 Read More
BSA Gold Star Forum
2 hours ago
The inner and outer covers from the bolt up box don't fit the swinging arm box.
Different gear change too.
4 66 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
2 hours ago
buncha cool bikes outside at the curb, folks riding in from around

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Guys riding by, and cool cars coming & goin all day...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
50 2,748 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
2 hours ago
Went up to NYC to visit Wade over the weekend and we attend the Slpit N Lanes & Dodgin Gutters 4th Annual Motorcycle Show at Brooklyn Bowl Sunday. had a gas, here's a few pix.

Sweet Velo

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

the one and only Norton, nestled in among *other* brands...

[Linked Image]

Cool BSA race bike

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wade's bike in the show...

[Linked Image]
50 2,748 Read More
Members Bike Projects
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Magnetoman
Well I ordered a positive ground tailight bulb from classic British spares.
See if you can cancel that order. Look for a dual polarity bulb instead, that works on both + and - voltages.

Do they even have them in led ?
91 44,299 Read More
Members Bike Projects
2 hours ago
Well I already ordered It 😞
91 44,299 Read More
BSA Bulletin Board
2 hours ago
I know Norton commandos use some sort of heat insulation spacers between the head and intake runners. And they are 32mm. I will try a set on my spitfire.
3 178 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
When I come across a sticky switch I will flush it out with aerosol solvent - like carb and choke cleaner or brake wash. Blow it out immediately with compressed air and if it frees up, then apply some type of lubricant.
This happens alot on the rental equipment here at work.
Keep after it Kev - soon you'll get a break from all the problems.
6 59 Read More
The Competition Forum
3 hours ago
my bike actually does have more pieces everywhere because i don't trust my welding to structural components yet, so i bolt stuff together instead. but i should have made my own rearsets. i'm using the passenger mounts, with a vertical brace on both sides so i can stand up without wondering whether they will break off.

these tarozzis from cognito moto are elegant (or at least they were when i first got them), but they're fussy. i got folding pegs because i needed to clear the kickstart, but they're a hazard. if i don't crank down on the mounting bolt they can loosen and then suddenly rotate straight down, leaving me with no peg. had that happen twice so far, had to abort the run once, the second time i said fug it and just hooked my foot somewhere out of the way.

i admit that i get a degree of satisfaction out of my machine not hiding its construction with hammers and pry bars, as i've said before, while still being faster than the show-piece LSR machines. pretty machines are nice on the pedestals, but function doesn't care about pretty.
24 302 Read More
Ariel Forum
3 hours ago
Perfect for deep river crossings as well.

Rob C
1,471 194,225 Read More
The Competition Forum
3 hours ago
My home built rear sets are tucked in tighter so the kicker swings past the shifter The kicker "gear" is modified so the arm is vertical to clear the rider's knee..Your bike seems to have more pieces because of the colors...Both are hillbilly thrill rides ...

[Linked Image]
24 302 Read More
British Motorcycles in General
3 hours ago
...is not an easy task to remove (with the bike working) the forks lock tumbler.
I checked another key that came with the bike. The key is somewhat similar but not exactly as the "main" key but works for the same tumblers...
or these ones are worn out or you can turn on the ignition etc with whatever...

--gas cap is Seandess.
14 250 Read More
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership