BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Doug Barisone
Doug Barisone
california, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
211 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,666 guests, and 560 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
revans, Gilly, XTINCT, Bruce Roberts, Brian Ellery
9959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 191
koan58 99
Stuart 84
NickL 72
Popular Topics(Views)
438,413 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,287
Posts632,399
Members9,959
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Triumph Bulletin Board
5 minutes ago
http://americantriumph.tv/holiday-stuffed-gearbox-recipe/ Doesn't answer your question, but kinda cool.......
see more
5,340 Views · 6 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
9 minutes ago
see more
18,042 Views · 239 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
23 minutes ago
Hi Dale, I have a fair amount of experience with the wedding bands. However only on 650 & 750 twins. But it's the same. The band is not retained by the rubber ring. It has to fit tight on PRT or secured to it. There is a bulletin covering this. If band is loose on PRT it ...
see more
74 Views · 2 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
55 minutes ago
Tonight I'm sipping a Jim Beam Black bourbon. However, when I drink beer (which is often) my favorite is Bell's Two Hearted Ale when I can get it. When I can't, it's Goose Island IPA....
see more
4,192 Views · 109 Comments
BSA Gold Star Forum
1 hour ago
joined the Goldie cult! Cult? Cult!? We ain't got no stinkin' cult! cult \kult\ n. 6a.: a great or excessive devotion or dedication to some person, idea, or thing Webster's Third International Dictionary (Unabridged) Hmm, maybe we do have a cult....
see more
74 Views · 4 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
1 hour ago
I am originally from Pittsburgh, Pa. A shot and a beer was all a bartender had to know how to make. Right now it's PBR out of the can and Bourbon out of the bottle. Why dirty a glass?...
see more
4,192 Views · 109 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by RF WhatleyMr Patrick - ... � I believe that journal is supposed to be 11/16 (.6875) inches diameter on both ends. It's not unusual for pre-unit layshafts to loose .030" or more using old plain bronze bushes. That goes on to affect the shifting. � If...
see more
5,340 Views · 6 Comments
Ariel Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by old muleHow about a WWII Triumph gen set with those nice close-finned alloy barrels? As Eleanor Roosevelt said to the RAF airman who was swearing at his generator set on the pitch dark air field, "It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness...
see more
29,071 Views · 374 Comments
The Competition Forum
1 hour ago
i'd never heard of this one. alternator output goes to the boyer box, which is also rectfier/regulator?...
see more
438,464 Views · 1,041 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
Iam not sure what you mean, presumably the Sparx igniter box? No experience with them, I mount my Boyer box in the RHS side panel using sticky backed velcro. theres enough room in beside the ignition switch....
see more
3,983 Views · 268 Comments
The Competition Forum
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
Was looking at BB's website and I don't find it there. The box lists it as kit 00066. Anyway, no help for you. Dam, I hate off season......Want to go racing!...
see more
The Competition Forum
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
That starter may be a bit brutal for the small key that holds the hex to the crank. There is no taper on it either, a couple of 3/.8 bolts into the sprocket retaining something may be better. If you just want a simple (non advance curve) ignition for you 4 plug head, let me know...
see more
The Competition Forum
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Mike BakerI'm using an alternator powered Boyer. It's made for racing I believe as it has no provision for lights. If you've ditched your alternator this isn't for you no, i lost the alternator when i fitted the 40mm belt. i think the widest newby belt you c...
see more
The Competition Forum
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
I'm using an alternator powered Boyer. It's made for racing I believe as it has no provision for lights. If you've ditched your alternator this isn't for you...
see more
British Motorcycles in General
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Simon for a time, before AE was sold to an American group, they actually were supplying their rings for these bikes with .015" to .018" ring gap. When the merry-go-round of corporate buy outs stopped AE ended up with Goetze in Germany. So you say no one, but here is a...
see more
699 Views · 70 Comments
BSA Gold Star Forum
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
With both you get great monthly magazines. The So Cal BSA owners club would be right in your neck of the woods for somewhat local events and rides. Not much of a USA presence for the Gold Star owners club.... That being said A USA branch of the Gold Star owners club would be g...
see more
74 Views · 4 Comments
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Simon Ratcliff None of the current established ring manufacturers recommend doubling the size of the top ring gap. Show us where anyone has ever recommended that....
see more
699 Views · 70 Comments
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
I mentioned previously the article is not a recognised engineering report and consequently it is rambling and contradictory. It states, as mentioned before, the non standard over size ring gaps caused increased blow-by etc. It goes onto then state that reduced ring tension due t...
see more
699 Views · 70 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Thanks for posting this link Kevin. I am real tired right now but could not resist a quick peek. Looks to be most interesting, reckon that will be breakfast viewing tomorrow. ...
see more
55 Views · 1 Comments
Ariel Forum
Yesterday at 09:36 PM
Rich B., a HONDA generator??? How about a WWII Triumph gen set with those nice close-finned alloy barrels? And we could hot rod it with an Amal GP too....
see more
29,071 Views · 374 Comments
Events
Yesterday at 09:30 PM
That might be a very good weekend to plan a visit to my fathers place in Philly...with a short sidetrip to York....
see more
67 Views · 4 Comments
The Competition Forum
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by kevin roberts but the photograph of the crank-triggered unit is a blue micro-digital: It looks more like a blue Micro Power....
see more
Yesterday at 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by John Healy What does marginally mean in your dictionary? Low-priced butter substitute....
see more
699 Views · 70 Comments
Yesterday at 09:02 PM
paragraph 3 and 4: Quotepara. 3: Whoever heard of rings with 1/16” gaps – a ridiculous figure – but the interesting thing was that the increase in blow-by and oil consumption at 0.0625” was only marginally above the figures obtained with 0.015” gaps. para. 4: Practical...
see more
699 Views · 70 Comments
Norton Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
In addition to some of the problems mentioned by LesP. Number one is chassis misalignment. This was built in by the factory and causes unpredictable steering and affects handling. Cure is complete strip and proper alignment. Google Worlds Straightest Commando. Number two are cl...
see more
134 Views · 7 Comments
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 38 39

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.406s Queries: 6 (0.020s) Memory: 0.8234 MB (Peak: 0.8770 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-23 01:52:22 UTC