BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
215 registered members (Adam M.), 1,815 guests, and 550 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Brian Ellery, Jon Andrews, Berni Ernst, johnguppy, michael morgan
9955 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 190
koan58 100
Stuart 88
NickL 66
Popular Topics(Views)
437,160 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,270
Posts632,147
Members9,955
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Rod and Tappet
3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by ricochetriderOriginally Posted by jfliggHey Kev thanks for the pictures of the swap meet tables. That was fantastic. It is really cool a the bikes people are using. Cheers Jeff Jeff, it's true! When we were in England recently, we saw vintage BSA A10, a...
see more
243 Views · 8 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
36 minutes ago
HI Folks, I've wrapped up the carb tests. In my (admittedly small) sample of two premier carbs with stay up floats, I've found that when the float is "level" with the top of the float bowl, it is 2 mm above the float bowl level. This is as high as the float should go...
see more
1,235 Views · 72 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
38 minutes ago
For a while it was very fashionable to fit a Joe Hunt which bolted directly to where the points cover used to go. These of course broke off very regularly. Britich Cycle Supply used to market an extended inner cover with a projection foreward to take a 3 bolt Triumph magneto. Aga...
see more
57 Views · 2 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
1 hour ago
Dave, Thank you. Here is what I am trying to test at this point. Later I might want to test the rectifier itself. I guess out of the three you gave I would say the wiring harness for now. As far as I know rectifier was working fine. Battery was charging, and so the alternator w...
see more
131 Views · 15 Comments
GARAGE SALE- The Private Buy-Sell BOARD
2 hours ago
Hi, Originally Posted by hacksaworiginal paint. not sure of the color. Olympic Flame (a dark orange) & Silver. Regards,...
see more
50 Views · 2 Comments
British Motorcycles in General
2 hours ago
Any competent machinist with the appropriate knowledge and machine tools fit for purpose should have no problem boring and honing to within 0.0002" of round. I was surprised how many machinists appeared confused when I questioned what limits they worked to and I was equally ...
see more
347 Views · 28 Comments
Ariel Forum
2 hours ago
Alpha Bearings have the 28 C as using the A5 big end bearing which was used on other models up to 53, so Amazon.co.uk is a better bet....
see more
28,622 Views · 361 Comments
British Modified/Specials
3 hours ago
my computer skills are minimal but I can send pictures via email PM if you want a picture...
see more
37 Views · 2 Comments
5 hours ago
it depends how much stuff you have, where u are located and what models your parts are from. A10s could bring a good dollar IF you find somebody who wants them. you might want to consider selling them as a lot. otherwise you could be stuck selling individual pieces and running t...
see more
221 Views · 6 Comments
British Motorcycles in General
5 hours ago
'If I connect an Ohm-meter to the LT terminals of a coil and the meter shows "3" Ohms, are you seriously telling me that, when I connect another 3-Ohm coil in parallel, I'll see the meter drop to "1.5' Well.....................Yes it will. Please see the artic...
see more
493 Views · 45 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
5 hours ago
Between 55 secs and 1 min 5 secs is a good example. 2 min 10 secs to 2 min 18 secs is another good one. I'm going to drop to 140s and record it again. I'll try to locate the mic in a better spot and tape some foam over it to stop some of the wind noise. This recording was with m...
see more
553 Views · 23 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
5 hours ago
Hi Don, I can probably set you up with most of the parts you are looking for, save for the wire mesh and fabric filter itself (46 in the diagram above). Some parts are on my website (like # 38 above) and some I have in a pile of parts, like the round housing you are looking for...
see more
78 Views · 3 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
5 hours ago
Assuming the finger to pivot and pivot to pushpin distances are the same the 11mm master will require 38% less the force than the 14mm with 1.62 times more travel. If you need teflon tape you are using the wrong fitting. Banjo bolts seal with aluminum washers (copper work harde...
see more
171 Views · 7 Comments
5 hours ago
where in RI?...
see more
234 Views · 4 Comments
BSA Gold Star Forum
5 hours ago
An interesting machine nonetheless, though. Maybe a better description would be " with much Roland Pike history "!...
see more
515 Views · 14 Comments
BSA Bulletin Board
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by redroosterHi All, thanks for help. Decided not to buy as seemed to be too much of a mix of parts I smiled when I saw your reply; if you parse my signature line, you'll understand why. I didn't mean to scare you off. A Bitsa is ok if YOU'RE the one who built ...
see more
307 Views · 15 Comments
Events
6 hours ago
http://pvr.potomacvintageriders.com/Shared%20Documents/yorkswapmeet.html Who is in?...
see more
6 Views · 0 Comments
BritBike Remembrance Forum
7 hours ago
I didn't take that many pics, I,m too tired to look. Got home 11.30 this morning, but I,all get on it....
see more
1,639 Views · 77 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
8 hours ago
Regards to the bushing: It was “pre-sized” inasmuch as the manufacturer made it to compress to the upper end of the wear limit after being pressed in place (my speculation, as this has been the ultimate result. I had my reamer all warmed up and ready to go, only to find it wa...
see more
173 Views · 10 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
8 hours ago
Hi, Sorry about the delay replying; I read this a few days ago, couldn't answer straight away, the forgot about it 'til a light-bulb moment ... Originally Posted by jchildrI called British Wiring to ask about their wiring harness for my 1969 T120R. The part number is MC27PB. T...
see more
447 Views · 14 Comments
8 hours ago
Paul & Al, thanks for responding. Al, I tried the site www.postimages.org and signed up as a member (free). It works very well, easier than photobucket ever did and have already tried it to add photos to a couple ads I have here. Thanks for the lead. John...
see more
88 Views · 4 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
9 hours ago
see more
818 Views · 52 Comments
Triumph Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
If it runs pretty well STOP starting it up until you are ready to go for a ride. You may be doing harm to the rings breaking in. If the cylinders glaze over while it's idling you're looking at a rehone and rings. Helmet on. Coat on.. Fire it up and go for a ride. Google ring brea...
see more
192 Views · 11 Comments
Yesterday at 10:33 PM
ASC2 Transmission as used on 1963 RGS Spitfire Scrambler. All gears in great condition. Need a rebuild gaskets and bearings. $675.00...
see more
30 Views · 0 Comments
The Rod and Tappet
Yesterday at 10:22 PM
"HIGHWAY TO HELL!" One of my favorites. I hope Malcolm isn't headed there....
see more
211 Views · 7 Comments
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 1.016s Queries: 6 (0.095s) Memory: 0.8237 MB (Peak: 0.8732 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-21 09:47:26 UTC