Britbike forum

Photo from the "Old County"

Posted By: jacks the lad

Photo from the "Old County" - 04/11/15 5:01 pm

Something you probably won't see too many of Stateside

[Linked Image]

It's a a Coventry Eagle 300cc S/V from 1923, it runs too.
Posted By: KennethC.

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 04/13/15 10:21 am

What a beauty!
And you are right, haven't seen a lot of these about on this side of the pond.
Posted By: ricochetrider

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 04/18/15 11:01 pm

Not stateside...
Possibly not anywhere, really. Wonder how many of those have survived the years?
Posted By: jacks the lad

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 04/19/15 5:04 am

Laid up in a garden shed in 1939 at the start of WWII, owner never came back for it. Stayed there until the shed collapsed in 2002 and was found amongst the derbies. Just done the work to have running once more, otherwise left it alone as much as possible. It's taken 90+ years to get to be the way it is, I'm not going to spoil it now
Posted By: quinten

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 04/19/15 5:41 am

Very nice patina on patina

Posted By: TR6Ray

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 05/11/15 10:17 am

Great picture, Jack, and a nice job of getting it running while preserving what you found.
Posted By: Tiger Dale

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 08/10/15 7:17 pm

you're not gonna see many of those on either side of the pond. Great find and work. BRILLIANT!!!

TD
Posted By: Doug Spranger

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 11/20/17 12:09 am

New to this Forum - but was hoping someone else might have a 40's Triumph Speed Twin to compare a few details. Was going to post a photo of my 1948 5T, but your site doesn't allow uploads from the computer? Only from the Web? Strange. That means I have to upload to another kind of photo site (thereby having to join yet another thing, requiring yet another log-in and password, etc. etc.) So will just have to forgo pictures . . . .
Posted By: peter paul

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 06/21/18 3:35 pm

What a lovely old thing , it looks if it has a fixture for a belt drive on the rear r/hand side perhaps for a knife sharpening stone its probably been a workhorse in its time, its just a guess (imagination running away) I like the rustic brown colour . , thanks for showing it to us all truly a gem PP
Posted By: kevin roberts

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 06/21/18 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by jacks the lad
Laid up in a garden shed in 1939 at the start of WWII, owner never came back for it.

1939 was a bad year not to come back from.

any history on what happened to the owner?
Posted By: triumph david

Re: Photo from the "Old County" - 09/11/18 1:54 am

Nice find, its a wonder that it's in as good shape as it is!!!!
© 2019 Britbike forum