Posted By: rocketscientist

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 12/07/18 6:27 pm

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!
Posted By: Pete Suchawreck

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 01/29/19 1:29 pm

I'll be there. Great time!
Posted By: Rich B

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 02/27/19 10:30 pm

I just took advantage of the advance sale on tickets/camping and ordered my tickets and camping spots for 2019. Mid Ohio is doing things a bit different.

The camping spot has grown, you are allowed more stuff in the camping spot, but you have to buy 2 general admission tickets. I will make my 2nd ticket available for a fair price (contact me via PM) for anyone who wants to attend and not buy a camping space.

The new spaces are 40X25.

Ron T is also doing the same thing.

Do you know how much canvas Ron & I can erect in an 80X25 space? It will be epic. laughing

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 03/06/19 2:19 pm

My extra GA ticket is spoken for. As far as I know, RT has his extra still available if anyone wants a ticket.
Posted By: royaloilfield

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/21/19 2:07 am

Who else is in????
Posted By: Gordon Gray

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/21/19 3:53 pm

Me......first time back since 2007.

Gordon

CORRECTION thanks to Bryan........it was 2008
Posted By: David in Atlanta

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/21/19 4:58 pm

See you there Gordon!
Posted By: BeezaBryan

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/21/19 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
Me......first time back since 2007.

Gordon

Maybe 2008?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKlteruQ1zY&t=36s

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/21/19 7:30 pm

Yes sir....you're 100% correct. 2008. Thank you for that and the friendship over they years. I've watched that video several times. That was a rough year to put that on and I would have never been able to pull it off without the help of the Carter brothers. I put a lot of blood, sweat, tears and money into that get together. I don't regret one bit of it......same with the TSMR.

Take care my friend........Gordon
Posted By: edunham

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/22/19 3:16 pm

Look forward to seeing you, Gordon!

Ed from NJ
Posted By: Geoff

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/22/19 8:32 pm

Thinking of popping over for a day to walk through the swap meet. Whats the best day, and would like to meet some of you guys?.
Posted By: kevin roberts

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/22/19 11:37 pm

go for the swap meet on the morning of the first day. rare stuff begins to disappear from the first moment.

i try to stay away. i went there twice and bought four motorcycles.
Posted By: No Name Man

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/23/19 3:09 am

I have Ron's other ticket. Don't understand the policy. Geoff, if you can get in the campground, any evening but Saturday down the first row after the gate near the end

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/23/19 3:11 am

If you're there on Saturday come over earlier as we go to the races in Ashland
Posted By: MartinBuilt

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/27/19 9:14 pm

I'm there every year with the Ohio Valley BSA Club.
Lots of things to see...

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 05/28/19 12:15 am

Originally Posted by No Name Man
If you're there on Saturday come over earlier as we go to the races in Ashland

I need to go to Ashland extra early this year....got to go help Johnny chase his AMA Vintage Flat Track Championship in 2 classes.
Posted By: rocketscientist

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 06/03/19 2:18 pm

If anyone is going to show at Mid-Ohio......bring those BSA Bantam parts!!

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 06/26/19 4:02 pm

Ok, looks like Brian, RT, Bill, Gordon, David, probably Ed & Mikey

Anyone else actually going to be there?

For those that may be coming early, the traditional last meal is one week from today at Hog Heaven in New Phila

Bill? Brian? Ed? Anyone?
Posted By: Geoff

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 06/26/19 4:31 pm

I plan on coming over for the day, probably Saturday at this point unless Friday looks to be a complete dud at work.
Posted By: Lannis

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 06/27/19 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Rich B
Ok, looks like Brian, RT, Bill, Gordon, David, probably Ed & Mikey

Anyone else actually going to be there?

For those that may be coming early, the traditional last meal is one week from today at Hog Heaven in New Phila

Bill? Brian? Ed? Anyone?

I'll be there. Since I'm in "declutter" mode here at the house, I won't be bringing the truck in hopes that I'll find some orphan to take home ... I plan on riding up this year.

Lannis

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 06/27/19 1:44 pm

Expect to be at Hog Heaven Wednesday. I'm also trying to de-clutter but not motorcycle stuff

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 06/27/19 1:59 pm

I'll see you at Hog Heaven Wed. evening.

Ed from NJ

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 06/27/19 7:14 pm

Just looked at the weather forecast. Looks like another Mud-Ohio.

Ed from NJ

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 06/28/19 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by edunham

Ed from NJ

Still a week out, and the weather-guessers aren't very accurate until they can see it on the radar ... !

Lannis
Posted By: Bigtwin

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 06/30/19 8:44 pm

Greetings!
Count me in as usual for the set up, breakfast @ Millersburg & maybe even Hog Heaven in New Philly! Hope the weather cooperates!

REgards!

Bigtwin

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 07/01/19 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Lannis

Ed from NJ

Still a week out, and the weather-guessers aren't very accurate until they can see it on the radar ... !

Lannis

Usually the weather guessers figure out it is raining when they stand outside and their hair gets wet......

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 07/07/19 12:43 pm

It was good seeing some of you again.....it's been way too long. I didn't make it to the campsite but I did try. I was the first ( if you know me that's not a surprise) through the spectators gate on Friday Morning and was in the swap by 7:20. Stayed there all day and finally hung it up around 4. I was mostly looking for metric stuff and did find a few things. Got a nice heat shield for a VS for a song. First time ever going to ALL the vendors......it was a work out. OH........I was in a VERY BIG cargo van and getting around the campground was a real pain. I saw you guys but there was no where to park that damn thing and I wasn't in the mood to park it back over at the swap and walk......I was walked out. I decided to go ahead and leave Saturday morning.....I can't put my finger on it but the place had changed....maybe it's just me but there seemed to be a LOT more kids on bikes that weren't street legal...I had a heck of a time getting out of the parking lot and driving around the campground....I was being passed on the left and right. Lota stress there. I'm glad I went.....needed to see for myself. Glad i got to shake your hands. Hope you had a fun and safe weekend.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Take care, Gordon in NC

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 07/07/19 2:09 pm

Good to see you too. I saw yer van driving there but didn't recognize you. We would have made room to park you. See you next time

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 07/07/19 6:15 pm

NNM.........to be completely honest by the time I loaded up my cart and the beer I couldn't give away I was done. I did ride around the campgrounds looking for the Ton UP boys....figured they would take the beer off my hands but come to find out they didn't get on site until 2:30 Saturday morning. I was enjoying the AC and needed a break out of the heat.

Maybe at the OSMR if I can make that happen this year. Take care.....always good to see you...you never change, which is a good thing IMO.

Gordon in NC
Posted By: smitty

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 07/11/19 3:47 pm

I was there but never hooked up with you guys,had my B25 sitting over in ohio valleys spot for a while and went back after the storm on friday to ride it back to the campground which dirtied it up quite a bit,spent $35 in the swap meet (an all time low),generator in RV ran most of the daylight hours keeping my under the weather wife comfortable with the AC running
I have to agree with Gordon,things did feel different this year,may be the last time I spend a weekend there

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 07/11/19 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by smitty

I have to agree with Gordon,things did feel different this year,may be the last time I spend a weekend there

For me, the positives are:

1) Hanging out with the guys. Brian (royaloilfield), Mike (rocketscientist), Ed (Dunham), and the Ohio Valley BSAOC had chairs, shade, coolers, snacks, and good conversation whenever I was tired of wandering the swap meet or when a storm came over. RichB, RonT, MWNN, and our BB crowd had the same over in the campground. I stayed in my all-time favorite B&B ("Somewhere in Time") over near Bellville, about 5 miles from MidOhio; good company there too.

2) One trip through the swapmeet, and a bit of watching the vintage racing. I'm in "Declutter" mode at home as I mentioned, so I only bought things that would go in my pockets or a backpack. Always interesting to see what sorts of things are for sale at what prices. The best deal at the meet was rocketscientist's Moto Giro eligible Benelli 200. The racing is always fun.

And there's really one big negative that's close to swamping it all out.

1) Management of the event. They announce that camping (first come first serve) will open at a certain time on a certain day. Guys line up and patiently wait so that they can choose a site, but when the gates are flung open, it turns out that half the campground is already full. Same happens at the swap meet; "some people" are allowed in with a huge wad of cash and snarf up all the good deals before it's even open to the public.

2) Facilities. Thousands upon thousands of campers, no showers or facilities in the campground. A shoutout to the guys on the tractor collecting trash from the hundreds of trash cans at the site - they worked hard and kept the grounds clean. I stepped into the track shower block once and stepped right back out to find a porta-john.

I suppose that the above are just "comfort" things that most people are willing to put up with. I'm getting too old for that though.

Finally -

3) Swap meet and campground chaos. Thousands of pit bikes, trail bikes, scooters, road bikes, everything, clogging up all the paths in the swap meet and in the campground. Kids pulling wheelies, noisy rapping expansion chambers and drag pipes, and what surprised me most, probably half of the traffic is older guys just riding up and down, up and down, up and down and round and round through the swap meet. Not even looking at the vendors, just riding at 5 MPH through the mud and dust for miles and miles, all day long. You can hardly walk through the swap meet, and I only rode over to the campground once; it was like riding through a mad beehive.

It didn't used to be like that. Licensed vehicles and drivers only. A few bikes going up and down, but not many.

Not sure why they allow it. It's about to put me right off.

So there's good and there's bad. I'll figure out the mix of the two before I get tickets next year ..... !

Lannis

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 07/11/19 7:25 pm

As a fairly long time swap meet guy, the sanitary facilities have never been pleasant in the swap meet area. Can't speak to the camping area. The "chaos" in the swap meet was, if anything, a whole lot less than it used to be. I use to describe the swap meet to folks as the equivalent to the opening scenes of "Slumdog Millionaire" in the slums of Moombai (or is it Calcutta?). In 20 some odd years of coming, I don't ever recall it being "orderly." I think we are all getting older and need canes to wag at the damn kids and tell them to slow down!

Ed from NJ

Re: Mid-O Vintage Days 2019 Dates Announced - 07/11/19 8:20 pm

As a fairly long time swap meet guy, the sanitary facilities have never been pleasant in the swap meet area. Can't speak to the camping area. The "chaos" in the swap meet was, if anything, a whole lot less than it used to be. I use to describe the swap meet to folks as the equivalent to the opening scenes of "Slumdog Millionaire" in the slums of Moombai (or is it Calcutta?). In 20 some odd years of coming, I don't ever recall it being "orderly." I think we are all getting older and need canes to wag at the damn kids and tell them to slow down!

Ed from NJ

That's entirely possible about the tolerance decreasing as we get older.

I DO, however, remember that in the times I've been there, from 2004 - 2010 or so, that they enforced the "licensed vehicle only" thing, and I DON'T remember having to spend half my swap meet time leaping for the edge as lines of Yamaha 125 motocross bikes came through.

It was never orderly, but I don't remember it being like this ....

Never saw "Slumdog Millionaire", but the layout reminded me of the scenes in "Road Warrior" where Humungous's gang was riding round and round and round and round and round in front of the petroleum refinery .....

Lannis
© 2019 Britbike forum