BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Member Spotlight
Kent Shaun
Kent Shaun
Kent Garden of England
New BritBike book out!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
markf, MikeJ, Morgan aka Admin
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by MikeJ
MikeJ
While re-building my '68 T120 I stumbled into the dark hole of gearbox selector camplate, plunger, spring and holder changes made during the 1968, 69, and 70 model years. I learn a lot from the forums, so I'm always inclined to pay it back and even forward. I know many will think me crazy for diving this deep, but I do think this is useful information for those who want to try to achieve the best shifting possible from the 4-speed gearbox. My report is a pdf which can be downloaded from Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19TLSiaeshLao7b2yNrk9uFTD8l1qUe7w/view?usp=sharing
Liked Replies
by slofut
slofut
Wow Mike, very impressive work and very much appreciated.
Cheers,
Bill
2 members like this
by Tridentman
Tridentman
Great summary, Mike
Well done and thank you.
Everyone with a Triumph four speed box should have a copy of your summary---saved in their computer or printed off and filed.
2 members like this
by kevin
kevin
jeez, that's fantastic

now do the five speeds.
1 member likes this
by Hermit
Hermit
A big round of applause for Mike for illuminating several facets of Triumph gearboxes which have long been sources of rolling confusion! Great work, MIke, Congratulations on such a useful outcome of your hard work and dedication!
1 member likes this
BritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books