BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Pete Twissell
Pete Twissell
Old Buckenham
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Thread Like Summary
Tribsauk
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Triumph rigid frame measurements #814122 06/26/2020 8:55 PM
by Tribsauk
Tribsauk
As per heading, I have recently bought a old 70,s Triumph chopper which has had a few frame mods which are are total bodge..The frame itself is a 1947 speedtwin and someone has raked the head stock for 4" overstock forks, this I have now got back to original rake, The measurements I need are for the rear frame section as this has been slugged ( lengthened) to lower rear end. I need to know the length of the top tube from casting which bolts to front loop to the casting for the rear wheel, and the measurement of lower rail taken from the rear of brake pedal casting to the casting for the rear wheel . I would like to get this back to original wheel base.I intend to build a 50,s custom style bike as it will never be a standard bike again as to many parts are missing, but will still make a nice bike.If you have a similar bike and can take these measurements I would be grateful.
Liked Replies
Re: Triumph rigid frame measurements #814233 Jun 27th a 10:55 PM
by Gordo in Comox
Gordo in Comox
Tribsauk: I measured a 53 Speed Twin sprung hub frame which I believe is the same as a rigid frame.

Top tube from front casting to wheel casting is 16 9/16 inches. (ignores slight bend in tube)

Lower tube from brake pedal casting to wheel casting is 9 5/16 inches.

As well the drawing in the link given above does not show the bends very accurately.

Gordo
1 member likes this
Re: Triumph rigid frame measurements #814125 Jun 26th a 09:21 PM
by AngloBike
AngloBike
https://www.tonupclassics.com/2013/06/triumph-pre-unit-twin-tiger-cub-and.html

Any good?
1 member likes this
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership