The theme of today's ride was a Pilgrimage, going back to the future if you will. Best I explain.....

1992 it was, me the Lovely Janette and the kids were on our holidays, having a young family and a mortgage, and all the bills that go with it, we were SKINT. But luckily for us, me Mum & Dad had a caravan up on the Essex coast, a place called Point Clear. And EVERY day of that two week holiday, we HAD to pass a motorcycle, with a bit of cardboard on saying....FOR SALE...

Got me to thinking that did, at the time the traffic into work was crazy, my 20min drive in was taking up to 2hrs. And it was killing me, so Janette being Janette, she says, go on buy it. Just like that... shocked

Said it on the very first day of seeing in fact, but I'm thinking, no money, young family...Ect ect, y'all KNOW how that goes right...? Well the last morning of our holiday, I said OK I'll buy it, we went to the house and there is was GONE...!

But it started a search for something similar, that turned into my 1964 BSA B40, and the rest is history.... wink

T'other day I says to the Prospect, fancy a ride on Friday..? YES and I think we should go to the spot where you saw that Enfield when I was a kid, a photo is needed of both our bikes on that spot, cos who'd have thought I'd be riding a bike all them years ago, so boys & girls, here is that yarn....

Pulled the Curry Muncher out, and hit that kickstart button, then roared off up to meet the Prospect, 30 minutes later I was pulling into the meeting point, the Prospect was there chatting to a large Black fella, turns out that lad had a KTM in Africa, and he flies over there and rides it all over the continent..! But he was thinking of getting a Himalayan, so was asking what the Prospect thought of the bike..?

As soon as I showed up he was off, and so were we, through the Dartford tunnel and into the deepest part of Essex, where the footballer's wives live, and home of the Essex girl, and also the place Cockneys and their rhyming slang is in everyday use. So how appropriate that we should come across this road sign.... Wade can use that one, going for a Tom Tit... wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We COULD'VE gone the direct route, but that's no fun, and our tiny road trip seem to take an age, lovely it was too. But by the time we got to the coast it was time for some Nose Bag, and here we were in the height of the British summer, and here we were at a British seaside look...

Nothing for it then but to get our laughing gear wrapped around a portion of Fish & Chips....

Sat on rocks with the North Sea lapping at the sandy beach, people walking their dogs along the sea wall, lovely....

Well it WOULD have been lovely, if that bloody Sunshine we had t'other week when I was WORKING, was out today. Instead of the sea mist and drizzle along with the cold we did have, still not to worry eh...?

Nose bag ate, we jumped on the bikes to find that *Spot* from 28yrs ago, and find it we did...

Finally a shot of the Old Abbey at St Osyth, which was under renovations, so imagine this without the scaffolding....

A bloody fine day out, and 28yrs ago if you'd have told me I'd been riding my very own Enfield to that spot, with my SON, I'd have poked you in the eye with a pointed stick. Can't explain the feeling I have, it's more that pride, to know I've passed on my Dad's motorcycling genes, just got to get him on a BSA next. And THAT yarn won't be too far away.... thumbsup