BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Member Spotlight
Kent Shaun
Kent Shaun
Kent Garden of England
New BritBike book out!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
gavin eisler, Hugh J├Ârgen
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#812193 06/11/2020 8:26 PM
by TrophyGuy
TrophyGuy
Anybody know of a better way to attach chainguards to a TR6C than bolts and nuts. My rebuild project has progressed to the point of trying to fit up the chain drive train and all the stuff attached. I am finding it a real PITA to install/un-install the chain guard, perhaps because of the aftermarket guard I bought and had powder coated. The front access port is laughably mis-aligned with the attach bolt and the rear attachment bolt is squashed into a space between swing arm lug and brake plate, almost inaccessiblet. My thoughts are to use a rivnut or nut plate on the front to make swinging the chain guard up out of the way possible without major tear down of exhausts and engine breather hoses. There is no getting a wrench on the back side of that forward attach nut and bolt.
Liked Replies
#812273 Jun 12th a 01:53 PM
by Hermit
Hermit
Can anyone on the board honestly say they never bought the wrong part? Or never had the wrong part sent to them?

Not I.
2 members like this
BritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books