Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
dandruff
dandruff
Los Angeles
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Gordon Gray, Morgan aka Admin
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#811211 06/02/2020 4:24 PM
by Kent Shaun
Kent Shaun
On a Tuesday... ? I hear all y'all ask. well YES, due to the fact I was SUPPOSED to be riding the broken in Curry Muncher, around the roads of Europe about now, on me way to Croatia. But the Plague came and put paid to that, and I just can't do any more steering wheel attending. So took me two weeks off to ride the whole collection... grin

And today's ride was the FORTY INCHER, after riding the commuter Sunday and having a relax Monday, I thought it only fair to take a fine BSA out. Placed me size 11 on the kickstart and.... cry

Bugger, that's unusual...? But wait, I've not been on this bike since......Can't remember, it's been that long, so three more kicks and off we went. Hooking up with Baza57 and young Ian, they're both in the ranks of the Unemployable, so can enjoy life. Although Baza still creeps into a job now and again, when he's not being isolated... grin

We set off to Dungeness, Baza told of a place that had Whelks, and as I've not had any for far too long it was time we searched the place out. I followed Baza on his newly refurbished A10, and Ian followed us both on his Hardley...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hither and yon we went....

Until eventually we arrived....

Did the distance thang, and got not only me pint of Whelks, but also a bowl of Jellied Eels, which after covering them in pepper and vinegar. I ate them while waiting for the others, perfick they were too. But what about Ale...? ALL the pubs are shut, t'is a terrible situation... shocked

Nothing for it, but to search on the Crab Peeler, and... Suck back and rotate, someone on that facetube thingy, says there's a pub not too far from us, that does carry out Ale.... grin

Course me being Gormless, I get the lads in the complete opposite direction, but this gave Baza a chance for me and him to swap bikes, see how they perform..? Then off we set, in search for that long lost Ale....

Really strange following MY bike, and we were only going 25mph look....

Trouble was, that bike was still doing 25mph when we stopped.... laughing

Not too long and this is the view I got...

Then it was in the pub order up the beer, and walk over the road to sup and enjoy, can't stay IN the pub in these strange times, and the Glasses were plastic, but thankfully the Ale was Real, and washed them Whelks down a real treat....

Baza being upmarket, had a nice little dressed Crab, that he poured over his salad...

We sat there in the HOT June Sunshine, shooting the breeze and enjoying life, then it was time to leave, on the bike she fired right up and away we went...

A wonderful day out with the lads, got home to find me right thigh covered in Oil, it was also over the right side of the tank...? Strange thought I, what's going on there then..? Turns out that the top fork nut had come loose, and the oil in the fork was squirting out, and there was me thinking there wasn't ANY oil in there, wonder who put oil in the forks, cos it wasn't me.... wink laughing

Out tomorrow on the Curry Muncher, no yarn for that dudes, it's due it's first service, worry not, there WILL be another yarn along shortly. Stay tuned now y'hear....
Liked Replies
#811285 Jun 3rd a 08:29 AM
by BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun
As for the Plague.... shocked

All I gotta say on that is, hope all the shyte buggers off soon, cos it's causing us all to miss out on enjoying life. And as my mate Rusty says, how many more Summers have we left, 20 more and I'll be 80yrs old.... ohno

This year I was determined to make up for lost time, filled my calendar with events, camps etc. Some I could ride to with the Flash & a Box others would have to be trailer & Infamous Enfield.

All I see now on that calendar is cancelled, cancelled and f*****g cancelled thumbsdown

As the Eight Oh occurs next summer it is indeed very annoying Shaun owd lad.

Tempus fugit etc.
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com