Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Zimm
Zimm
The land of pleasant living
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Gordon Gray
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Nick_Smith
Nick_Smith
Per the title, this is for a 1967 TR6R with the SLS front brake.

Is the 1969-version TLS backplate etc a straight swap into the original forks, drum, spindle setup, or is there work required, other parts to buy?

Many thanks,

Nick
Liked Replies
by HawaiianTiger
HawaiianTiger
Originally Posted by Nick_Smith
Thank you for the answers: a 'hard no' and a 'yes'.

Bill - you don't mention changing out the yokes as a pre-requisite for making the modification like Irish Swede does.
Is it correct to infer that yours all retained the standard/period yokes and narrower fork spacing?

I agree that it's a worthwhile mod, but sourcing yokes and doing a complete front end job is more work than I would want to undertake right now.

All the best,

Nick
If you wanted to keep the standard long axle, you wold need the wider fork trees. But, I've got around that by either using the shorter axle, or modifying the long one.
Cheers,
Bill
1 member likes this
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com