BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Member Spotlight
TriVin
TriVin
Warrington, Cheshire, UK
New BritBike book out!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Thread Like Summary
Gordon Gray
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#810537 05/27/2020 8:19 PM
by Mark Z
Mark Z
I've taken two rides with the speedometer installed, and it seems to be working, except that it's having location-dependent problems acquiring a signal. Also, it's telling me I'm going slower than I think I am, like when it says 60 I feel like I'm doing 70. I guess the next step is to get paced by another vehicle.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
This may not be the ideal location for the antenna (under the steering damper anchor plate). All I can glean from the documentation, which is just a few crude drawings and a bunch of Chinese writing, is that the antenna should be mounted horizontally, right side up. But perhaps it needs to be more exposed. I'll try it like this for a while, as the research continues.
Now I just need to paint the bracket and tidy up. I may paint the back of the gauge black, and remove the threaded studs that are for panel mounting. And I need to find a place to hide all that antenna wire, now coiled under the left handlebar (visible in first photo).
Liked Replies
#810686 May 29th a 01:20 AM
by Mark Z
Mark Z
Originally Posted by triton thrasher
Did you mount your TV satellite dish under your house, facing the ground?

And here's a link to the gauge I purchased:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074J9MFQV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Note in the description it says, "Mount the sensor at any position, on or under the dashboard." Under the dashboard would be pretty "buried" I wager.
1 member likes this
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books