Just before Christmas I was told to get someone ex-spurt on the case, seems I've been paying too much income tax, been doing that for 27yrs.... cry

BUT, and that's a bloody Gov Ment are bar stewards, type of but, I would only get 5yrs worth back.... mad

So what do I do with the money...? The Lovely Janette had ideas like, buying new furniture, decorating rooms, and the like. And even buying a new carpet for the lounge.... laughing

WE know better though don't we children... wink

So as soon as they told me the money was in the bank, which happened on the 22nd March while I was in French France. I minced into the shop straight from the truck, and paid in full, then waited for the following Monday for them to deliver.........

Around the Friday I think it was, I got told the shop was in *Lockdown* and I'll get my purchase after the plague, or when they get the nod. Couldn't even get them to let me pick it up, after saying I was a *Key Worker* and needed it for work, I HAD to wait they said, until I got their phone call.....

Well that happened on Friday 15th May, and Yesterday I did the first 200 miles with it, below is the yarn..... wink

Dragged the thing out of the fettling shed, it's got no name at the minute, it'll have to EARN that. Placed me thumb on the kickstart button and it burst into life, and off I set. Taking it nice and easy and without labouring the engine, up and down the gearbox with it's many gears, breaking it in nice and proper like. Got to the Winston Churchill statue in Westerham for a photo....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Letting the thing cool as per the book, then it was off to the coast, finding a nice pub on the way...

Sadly as ALL pubs, it was closed, MAN that's starting to hurt...Anyway after another cooling session, off we set arriving at the cost. Think it was Birling Gap, just along the road from Hastings....

There were loads of people on the beach, all wrong as we're still supposed to do that 6ft apart thing, and the Coast Guard came along to find stupid people on top of the Chalk cliffs, seems the Chalk was collapsing and people were standing right on the edge, not only that people were right underneath too...

The other side was clear as there aren't the cliffs there....

And to continue, I found meself over looking Eastbourne....

Then onto Hastings, and along the way I spied this here Cafe, so might as well pop in for a bit of a rest....

Found this inside...

Then off down to the Fisherman's huts, not too good a photo, due to no where to park, what with all the people out and about today...

A bowl of Whelks were consumed here, to give me the strength to continue, and the last action shot of the day was at Battle....

And that was that, 190 miles at the end of the day, the bike is FANTASTIC smooth as silk, seat is a tad hard for all day riding. I'd say it's like the A10 so not a massive problem, this is going to be my long distance touring machine. I checked the MPG and it's doing 81mpg, I suspect that'll drop once the miles are built up, but I'm well impressed with it. Build quality isn't too bad for a cheap modern bike, ONLY thing I can moan about is, too many gears in the box. Four gears at the correct ratio would've been perfick, six just seems to be too many. You're changing up all the time it seems, and what goes up must come down. But if that's the ONLY moan I think I've done well considering...Course if I'd have had the FULL 27yrs worth of over payment returned, you'd be looking at a Gold Star now, or a Vincent, or even another Indian. But I can't keep thinking about being ripped off by the Gov Ment, they've done it before, and will do it again no doubt....