BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Pelle
Pelle
Sverige
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Thread Like Summary
Allan G
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Has anyone ever tried a 19” back wheel on an OIF? #808367 05/09/2020 7:46 PM
by Allan G
Allan G
This is just food for thought,

The oif A65 would normally have a 3.25:19 front and 4.00:18 rear, I’ve been “thinking” About what would a 100/90:19 rear tyre be like? Obviously on the matching rim (I’d probably use the Wm3 front and rear which is what the recommended rim width is for that tyre size, note BSA used a WM2.

The larger back wheel and not too far different tyre size on the A10’s, Early A65 and even my Honda 400/4 always felt the bike was nicer handling. However having a direct comparison (same bike with different tyres) my 400/4 Felt like it lost some of its sure footedness when cruising on a motorway loaded with luggage. Or cruising at higher speeds (say 80mph plus)

Yet... according to my 1971 sales poster of the mk2 rocket 3 that had 4.10:19 K81’s front and rear and I never hear about anyone complaining about the handling of those at speed for with luggage.

Just merely thoughts at the moment but could
Be something more definite in the future.

What’s your thoughts? And preferably Experience

TIA
Liked Replies
Re: Has anyone ever tried a 19” back wheel on an OIF? #808644 May 12th a 07:50 AM
by gunner
gunner
Hi Allen, I just checked the rims, front is WM2 and rear is WM3 both with 100/90-19 tyres.
1 member likes this
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership