BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
zambu
zambu
Switzerland
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Thread Like Summary
JubeePrince, wadeschields
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Need a vibrator? #802936 03/26/2020 8:59 PM
by JubeePrince
JubeePrince
To clean up your small, rusty and crusty bike bits. What did you THINK I was asking?! shocked

Now that we have time on our hands and no money coming in, it’s the perfect time to build a new tool for next to nothin’.

It does involve raiding the SO’s kitchen, so as they say, “Enter at Your Own Risk”! ohno

Cheers,

Steve
Liked Replies
Re: Need a vibrator? #802947 Mar 26th a 10:27 PM
by ShearedCrank
ShearedCrank
I like the ingenuity, but I'll be damned if I ruin any chance of getting my next bundt cake!

This reminds me of when I was in Grade School, and I needed to repaint the expansion chamber on the 2-Stroke. The rattle can said it needed to cure at temp.
Running the pipe on the bike didn't occur to me so i cured the paint in Moms oven on SELF CLEAN. Wow, that was a mistake. The whole house filled with smell/smoke that wouldnt go away! Ma was none to happy.

Flash forward 20 years and evendence of me being any smarter was not present. I took the BSA cases and placed my Dishwasher on Pots and Pans. Dropped a Cascade pill in there and made the cleanest lower end cases you've ever seen. However, the WHITE plastic on the inside of the Dishwasher was then Gray... and stunk of old burned oil. My GF (promoted to better half now) wondered what was wrong with me. She was none to happy and I had to wash dishes by hand for quite a while.

15 more years later I've learned to stay out of the kitchen!

Good luck!
Matt
1 member likes this
Re: Need a vibrator? #803252 Mar 29th a 11:05 AM
by Don Leaming
Don Leaming
Instead of motorizing the media container I could mount it on the back rack of my Triumph and go for a ride. We all know the vibes an old Triumph produces.
The cost in gas is mitigated a bit by the savings in electricity, but I was going for a”social distancing ride” anyways so what the heck.
1 member likes this
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership