BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
andyhosie
andyhosie
Melbourne, Australia
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Thread Like Summary
Beach
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Carbs or AAU? #753062 10/16/2018 11:32 PM
by Randy Richardson
Randy Richardson
My 68 T120R starts first kick, ticks over like a clock, runs like s%#t (low power & backfiring) until 3.5K then...BAM....lights off and runs like a new bike the rest of the way on up. When I back off and the Rs drop below 3.5K she turns back to s#%t- (low power and back firing) Opening the throttle up does not help. Maybe make it worse. Down shift to get the Rs back above 3.5 and...BAM...she's new again. Last year I installed new Amal premiums and set them up so...??? I've double checked the sync and air screw setting (1.5 seams about right). I've checked for air leaks and can't find any. Plugs are sooty around the rim with medium brown electros. I bought a new Pazon Surefire IE thinking it may be a bad AAU. But before I rip out the existing ignition system on an Easter egg hunt I'd like to know what you guys & gals think might be going on.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Randy
Liked Replies
Re: Carbs or AAU? #754359 Oct 28th a 04:01 PM
by JubeePrince
JubeePrince
I seem to recall similar symptom(s) on my bike a few years ago. It was a loose jet holder in one of the carbs. After I got off the slide/needle jet circuit, the bike would run just fine, but once I was on the pilot/needle taper/slide circuits, it ran like sh!t....

Cheers,

Steve
1 member likes this
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership