Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Grandad
Grandad
The Crypt - South East England
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bob E Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
Got a question. installing a Pazon ignition in the spitfire. pazon instructions say take power from the white wire coming from ignition switch, got it. now can I tie into that white wire with another wire for power to the brake light switch? so I would have power to the pazon and also going to the brake light switch. with this set up, would stepping on the brake take power away from ignition and cause problems , stumbling engine misfire while the brake is on? is it enough power taken away from pazon to cause issues? what do you guys think, is it worth worrying about. if so, where else can I pick up powerr for brake light switch, thanks Bob

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Parts Dealer
Parts Dealer
White wire is usually a power wire, so I suppose you could..

Are you running a battery?

Can you take power directly from the battery?

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
Hi Bob,
Originally Posted by Bob E
installing a Pazon ignition
instructions say take power from the white wire coming from ignition switch, got it. now can I tie into that white wire with another wire for power to the brake light switch?
If the bike is currently/was running points, there should be a White wire to each coil's "-" terminal, plus a separate White wire to the rear brake lamp switch.

As the White wires to the coils must be disconnected, the Pazon White wire should be connected to one of these. Insulate the other White wire terminal detached from a coil.

Originally Posted by Bob E
would stepping on the brake take power away from ignition
If you wire the Pazon correctly, it shouldn't do.

White wires are switched power to components from the ignition switch. If you wire the Pazon correctly, power to the rear brake lamp is not drawn through the Pazon.

The rear bulb brake filament (should) draw(s) less than two Amps, Pazon ignition even with two '6V' coils draws no more than 4 Amps; if the battery cannot supply 6 Amps for the short period the lamp filament is on, the bike has an electrical problem nothing to do with electronic ignition.

Btw, the Pazon fitting instuctions' wiring diagram shows the Red wire from the "Ignition Module" and "Ignition Coil #2 +" terminal connected to "Chassis Ground/battery Positive"; from experience, I advise strongly against the "Chassis Ground" option.

Hth.

Regards,

B
Bob E Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
Thanks Stuart, that's just what I needed to hear. so I will tie the brake light switch into white wire going to pazon. on your recommendation, I will change red wire from chassis ground where I have it going to the battery positive terminal. thanks again.

B
Bob E Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
yes running a battery

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com