Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Servodyne
Servodyne
England
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
L
Hi,
I need to know the c/c between the two holes in the tank that holds the bracket towards the frame. Thanks!
Rgrds,
Lars

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
M
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
M
I assume by "4 gallon tank" you mean the larger home market fiberglass tank, correct? I can get you the measurement but I've always had to tweak the bracket a bit to get it to fit so I can't guarantee that it's going to be a standard pattern from one tank to another.

Still interested?

L
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
L
Hi Marc,
Yes, it is regarding the larger UK fibre glass tank or really the bracket. On my bike the original tank didn`t have the bracket which was normal according to the parts book for- 67 model. I bought an aluminium copy and the c/c between the pin bolts are about 15 cm. It seems to be a big distance compared to my -68 Lightning tank which has a c/c of about 12 cm. So it is the c/c for the bracket I am looking for..
Thanks!
Rgrds,
Lars

M
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
M
Looks to me like 4 13/16 inches, or bit over 12 cm.

If the center "notch" of the bracket fits inside the tunnel in the tank, you may be able to adjust the holes by squeezing the bracket. That's what I've often had to do. If the notch is too wide, though, then you're out of luck.

You'll also want to check that the holes line up front-to-back. I've had issues getting my Indian copy tank to sit far enough forward, even with the bracket properly oriented. Took a bit of trying but finally got it to mount.

L
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
L
Seems a lot to squeeze but I will see when I get the bracket. It`s a lot to consider not only fitting the bracket but also the bolt in the middle of the tank and fitting towards the seat, stering head and side panels.. Thanks for your input, Marc.
Rgrds,
Lars

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com