BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Member Spotlight
Dave M
Dave M
USA
New BritBike book out!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
J
sorry if this is a dupe or old commonly known information, but it's new to me and just thought i'd share. waiting for the arrival of my 66 Mk2, i've been spending a lot of time going through service manuals and in particular, the 66 parts manual. one thing i've noticed is, with the nuts and bolts end of things, it lists the part number without any specific information on size, thread count, (bolt) length, head style, finish, etc.. surfing around, i ran across this site check it out - seems it list about 99.9% of everything i've searched for, for my soon to arrive Mk2. best i can determine it came from an old stainless fastener site -- http://www.stevenott.com/bsatrinbw.htm . read through the intro - provides info on the search function. hope it provides good information.

BTW, my soon to arrive, 66 Mk2 spitfire - details - 13K showing on the clock. fairly original, and somewhat a survivor. original tank in (an unpainted) original gel-coat. fully serviced including new tires. few changes - most noticeable, AMAL 932's, euro handlebars (w/ non-alloy control levers), and (newer) primary cover. other than that, appears to be somewhat unmolested. should arrive here in Florida within days.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by joe czech; 11/13/20 10:42 am.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
It certainly is a fine looking machine.

Yes, BSA didn't include that info, unlike Triumph who did.

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

"Every time I listen to AC/DC, so do my neighbors"

J
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
Hi -

Here's a link to a list of fasteners and their sizes.

http://stainlessbits.com/link12.html

Note - the list is not perfect, and I have found at least a couple of errors. Also note - the website is for a company that no longer sells anything, so you may want to save it.

1 member likes this: kommando
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by jakejoseph
Hi -

Here's a link to a list of fasteners and their sizes.

Note - the list is not perfect, and I have found at least a couple of errors. Also note - the website is for a company that no longer sells anything, so you may want to save it.

That site is dead and could disappear, its been cloned and updated by Greg Marsh and you can register and post changes your self.

http://www.gregmarsh.com/mc/FastenersList.aspx

S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
Hi All,

Originally Posted by jakejoseph
the website is for a company that no longer sells anything,
Some years ago, those particular webpages were in danger of being lost, as the-then Hosting company was considering taking down the whole StainlessBits site.

Those particular webpages have since been hosted by Greg Marsh, who has also converted the spreadsheets into a searchable database at https://www.gregmarsh.com/MC/FastenersList.aspx; he has also fixed a number of errors in the original spreadsheets (common mistake was "10-32" where the original was 2BA).

Maybe the mods. could consider making the Greg Marsh info. a sticky, so it's easier to find for newbies?

Hth.

Regards,

(Edit: @kommando types faster than me frown )

Last edited by Stuart; 11/13/20 12:57 pm.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Thanks for the link,

I've coppied the list onto an Excell spreadsheet which can be searched or filtered more easilly. Sadly it won't let me upload it on here. If anyone wants a copy drop me a pm with your email address.

BTW, the bike looks great Joe!

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Stuart
(Edit: @kommando types faster than me frown )

I think you all type faster than me, although I have just been messing with excell so that took some time.

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Yes, stunning condition!

My '66 factory Spares manual shows chrome hand levers for all models, so you're good there.

Ethanol-free fuel only in that tank, or get a steel replica and display that one on your mantel.

Mark Z

'65(lower)/'66(upper, wheels, front end, controls)/'67(seat, exhaust, fuel tank, headlamp)/'70(frame) A65 Bitsa.

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books