BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Member Spotlight
Kent Shaun
Kent Shaun
Kent Garden of England
New BritBike book out!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#827994 10/28/20 3:40 am
W
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
W
It is hard to get these words out but our good friend and loyal Britbike owner/rider Barb Yaple passed away this morning. I am sort of at a loss for words at this time. Barb was always a good friend and we spent many an hour discussing and cussing out beloved Britbike projects. Godspeed Barb...I will see you later my friend. WABOB

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
It is very sad to hear about Barb’s passing. Our sincere condolences goes to the family.
Barb was a long time member and played a very important part of this forum for many year.

This is a typical question that could come from her..
Hey Morgan,
A little while ago we were talking in the Pub about
doing a Britbike.com calendar. How do you feel about that?

Than she ran our calendar doing it all, creating layout, printing & distributing it all.
She did it for years, what a gal!
See some of them here
http://www.britbike.com/regalia/calendar/index.html

God speed Barb you really made this forum better!

Last edited by Morgan aka Admin; 10/28/20 9:01 am.

BSAing you
Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Support BritBike forum & upgrade your membership
------------------------------
Join our British MotorCycle Forum on Facebook
1 member likes this: Washington Bob
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Only communicated with her a dozen times or so... Always polite and knew her stuff.

Thanx Bob; please pass along condolences from the group (as I'm sure you would)

PZ

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
2 members like this: Morgan aka Admin, Washington Bob
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Barb rode a half-clapped-out R80 Beemer from the West Coast to Blowing Rock and back to ride with us. Hard core rider!

Lannis

"Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?" "This, sir? 'Tis a mark of the house-elf’s enslavement, sir."
3 members like this: Morgan aka Admin, bill50cal, Washington Bob
Life Member
Life Member
One of the smartest humans I’ve ever met. An amazing history buff. Hard core motorcyclist. She knew she was living on borrowed time. I hear she went in her sleep and I’m grateful for that.

May your roads be twisty and the skies blue Barb. Thank you for being a friend.

Gordon in NC,USA

4 members like this: Allan G, bill50cal, MikeG, Washington Bob
Life Member
Life Member
Originally Posted by Lannis
Barb rode a half-clapped-out R80 Beemer from the West Coast to Blowing Rock and back to ride with us. Hard core rider!

Lannis

I've been thinking about that......there are several tributes on FB for her and in a couple of them she's wearing her riding jacket.......2 of the TSMR pins are on that jacket......makes me smile.

She did a little over 7000 miles on that trip Lannis is referring to........clapped out R80?.......how about well loved?

Heck........remember all the grumbling (not you Lannis) about having to do the last 60 miles of the TSMR on the Parkway??? It was just the last 60 miles..... (at 45mph).....for christ sake.....at the end of a 200 mile day with 3 stops. Yea, she was a hell of a motorcyclist.

First member of the "Three Must Get Beers" to fall.......................nobody can fill those shoes.

RIP Barb.........you lived your life the way you pleased.......died on your feet, not on your knees.

Gona miss ya girl.........Gordon

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 10/29/20 9:40 pm.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
One of the smartest humans I’ve ever met. An amazing history buff. Hard core motorcyclist. She knew she was living on borrowed time. I hear she went in her sleep and I’m grateful for that.

May your roads be twisty and the skies blue Barb. Thank you for being a friend.

Gordon in NC,USA

Back on line after a few days vacation, this is not what I wanted to read frown

Once again I cannot find the right words to express my feelings.

Memories of TSMR 2010 linger on

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you can Gordon, please pass on our most sincere condolences to her family and friends

Bryan & Marie in Old England

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride"
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan
who does not do politics

1 member likes this: MikeG
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
She seemed like a nice woman.

Amateur Loctite enthusiast.
1 member likes this: gavin eisler
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Sad news indeed. Sad too that I never got to meet Barb. May her family and friends heal well from the loss, and find some peace & perhaps a bit of joy in their memories of her.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker

Lannis

I've been thinking about that......there are several tributes on FB for her and in a couple of them she's wearing her riding jacket.......2 of the TSMR pins are on that jacket......makes me smile.

She did a little over 7000 miles on that trip Lannis is referring to........clapped out R80?.......how about well loved?

Well, the "clapped out" description wasn't meant in derogation of anyone's mechanical aptitude ... more of just a fact and a "it'll be right" attitude that gets you there if you believe hard enough. That thing was making noises that no BMW should make and still get across the state line .... !!!

Lannis

"Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?" "This, sir? 'Tis a mark of the house-elf’s enslavement, sir."
1 member likes this: emichael
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member

Lannis

Well, the "clapped out" description wasn't meant in derogation of anyone's mechanical aptitude ... more of just a fact and a "it'll be right" attitude that gets you there if you believe hard enough. That thing was making noises that no BMW should make and still get across the state line .... !!!

Lannis

I recall that old Beemer got tipped over in the motel parking lot?? or was it Floyds?

Bryan: THANK YOU for that picture. That is still one of my most memorable motorcycle trips.

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Mike, it was floyds that "tipped". maybe when things get boring this winter we can do a thread of stories about our lost friends. I ever tell you bout the time Barb and Floyd showed up at my house?

Rich
"It's not always about going fast. Sometimes it's nice to slow down" (Wendy E.2016)

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
couple of beesas a ducati
and a Honda?

Link Copied to Clipboard
BritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books