BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Member Spotlight
John Goodwin
John Goodwin
Bowral NSW Australia
New BritBike book out!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Bob E Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
Im slowly gathering parts I have been missing from my engine rebuild, and I tried putting the the clutch cable into the connector where the cable enters the engine from the side down by the clutch actuating arm.the ball on the cable end wont go into the connector, spring thing. ball is to big to get into the connector. wondering if I have the right cable. anybody else have this issue. can I file the ball at end of cable down a bit to try and get it to fit?

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
You have the lever end disconnected? Feed in enough cable so only the cable is going through the slot then pull it back to the ball.

1 member likes this: Bob E
B
Bob E Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
the ball end of the cable will not go into the connector ( p/n- 68-3257). I could barely get the ball in, but diffidently cant rotate the ball end in the connector. i will go out to garage and try what you said. i will let you know, thanks

D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Parts book shows 68-3257 as a connector but points to a washer. That part extends the cable lever through the case, yes? Is it a new cable? There are several different size balls used on the end. You might have a cable for the later ball/ramp lifter.

Britbike forum member
Online Happy
Britbike forum member
Wouldn’t the later cable have the UNF threaded piece on Dave?

I’ve bought some aftermarket cables and found that the ferule piece is too large. As though they have used the wrong ferule perhaps? You should be able to make it smaller without any issues.

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

B
Bob E Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
Thanks, was able to take a file to the cable ball end and get it to fit and rotate in the connector

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books