BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Member Spotlight
tridentt150v
tridentt150v
Great Southern Land
New BritBike book out!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 81 of 81 1 2 79 80 81
O
Novice poster
Novice poster
O
Nice to see someone else doing an M20. I'm in the process of building one up from boxes (I didn't take it apart). Mine is a 1940, rigid/ girder model. There's a fellow in Australia that can date the old M20s and give a minor amount of details of when and where the bike was sold or supplied. Mine was a military model and was supplied to the War Department in London. He also gave me the tank numbers it was supplied with. Of course, yours is a civilian model but I hope it makes you a nice rider!

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Ride safe today!
Online Happy
Ride safe today!
BSA A65 Lightning 1970 altered with some goodies.
[Linked Image]

BSA A70 Lightning 750cc 1972
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Morgan aka Admin; 09/23/20 5:26 pm.

BSAing you
Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Support BritBike forum & upgrade your membership
------------------------------
Join our British MotorCycle Forum on Facebook
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I wonder why many people seem to be using Photobucket. (early pages anyway). There are much better options that aren't a ripoff!

Last edited by Joolstacho; 09/27/20 12:44 am. Reason: spelling
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Joolstacho
I wonder why many people seem to be using Photobucket. (early pages anyway). There are much better options that aren't a ripoff!

Years ago it was the 'go to' image Hosting service before they went to the 'dark side'. Now they overlay their brand on everyones images unless you pay them. They ruined a ton of great pictures, not just on this forum but others as well.

1967 BSA Wasp
1967 BSA Hornet (West Coast Model)
1967 BSA Hornet (East Coast Model)
1968 BSA Firebird Scrambler
1968 BSA Spitfire Mark IV
1965 Cyclone Competition Build
S
Novice poster
Novice poster
S
Greetings all!

I'm new to this forum and have a BSA project underway.

After 42 years in storage, we're bringing my dad's 1968 B25 Starfire back to life. The little bike started its life in Ohio and was moved to Texas 14 years ago (still wearing 1978 Ohio plates).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I've never heard the bike run until a couple of weeks ago, when it started easily and ran strong (after a bit of fiddling with points, etc.). It had never been apart, but now...the frame is stripped and off to powder coating, other parts to plating, a host of items are on order, speedometer sent off for restoration, NOS wheels sourced, etc. We're progressing quickly!

Thanks for having me!

2 members like this: Gary E, Kevin E
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Joolstacho

I've been using Postimage.org. Free, easy to use. Ask me for usage details if needed.

Mark Z

'65(lower)/'66(upper, wheels, front end, controls)/'67(seat, exhaust, fuel tank, headlamp)/'70(frame) A65 Bitsa.
1 member likes this: SpeedyV
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Here’s a couple of pics of my 1966 Lightning. The first one was taken in 1993 a year or so after it’s first rebuild. The second one was taken yesterday and shows the current state of the second and more comprehensive rebuild. It will be getting a 750 kit fitted as part of this rebuild.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

1 member likes this: SpeedyV
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Nice!!!

Interesting yours has the bolt on sprocket type early drum, I always thought Therese were reserved for the hornets and such like and Lightning’s had the 42t type?

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Hi Allan,

I'm not sure. The 1966 parts book seems to agree with what I have on my bike regarding the rear drum and sprocket.

Here's what I have in my pdf files

1966 Rear Brake Assembly.JPG 1966 Rear Brake Assembly Numbers.JPG
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
My son Peter and I finally got our two A65s together at my house for a ride. Peter has just finished a complete restoration of the '67 Lightning, which was previously my bike, purchased in 1972, ridden until 2001, and then retired until 2015, when Peter rescued it from my shed and set out to restore it.

Regular readers here know the story of my bitsa, purchased in 1991 (actually traded for a '72 BMW) as a very ugly chopper, then built into a hardtail bobber for some ten years, and then restored to somewhat stock form with a 1970 frame and 1967 bodywork.

Mark Z

'65(lower)/'66(upper, wheels, front end, controls)/'67(seat, exhaust, fuel tank, headlamp)/'70(frame) A65 Bitsa.
2 members like this: Kevin E, TR6Ray
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
My son Peter and I finally got our two A65s together at my house for a ride. Peter has just finished a complete restoration of the '67 Lightning, which was previously my bike, purchased in 1972, ridden until 2001, and then retired until 2015, when Peter rescued it from my shed and set out to restore it.

Regular readers here know the story of my bitsa, purchased in 1991 (actually traded for a '72 BMW) as a very ugly chopper, then built into a hardtail bobber for some ten years, and then restored to somewhat stock form with a 1970 frame and 1967 bodywork.

Mark Z

J
Novice poster
Novice poster
J
my new to me, and soon to take possession of, my 66 Spitfire. shipping has been arranged, and should arrive here in Florida on or before 11/19. details - 13K showing on the clock, original paint on original tank and side covers. fairly original example and somewhat a survivor. appears to be unmolested. couple things have been changed - most noted, 932 amals, newer primary cover, and some handlebar details. new tires, fully serviced, and ready to go. should be a good daily rider. will post more pics after she arrives.

Last edited by joe czech; 10/25/20 11:43 pm.
4 members like this: Andrew of Macclesfield, Kevin E, TR6Ray, Morgan aka Admin
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member

I built this bike at the end of 2018 from 'shed bits' so it is affectionately know as the Red Shed A10. I wanted something comfortable and uncomplicated so here it is! I rode it from Cheshire, UK, to Assen last year and went there and back with absolutely no problems at all.

Last edited by Andrew of Macclesfield; 10/27/20 7:11 pm. Reason: struggling to get photo to show
1 member likes this: Morgan aka Admin
Page 81 of 81 1 2 79 80 81

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
BritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books