BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
MikeG
MikeG
New Hampshier USA
New BritBike book out!
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Re: BRITBIKE.COM REUNION CAMP 2020
Gordon Gray #821424 08/27/20 10:47 pm
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
I had an absolute blast riding in the area, rain and all. Northern Georgia is one of theist kept secrets in U.S> motorcycling, near as I can tell. Well OK the word is out I suppose, judging by the number of folks riding around. Maybe having all those Ducatis and whatnot on hand helped, but I'm hard pressed to remember being any other place where not only the numbers of bikes was high, but the variety of different kinds of motorcycles out there during our time in camp was mind bending.

Lots of women riders too! It was just generally awesome, all the way around.

[Linked Image from ricochetridersmotomojo.zenfolio.com]

This pack o dudes pulled into this overlook behind us the other day, all on modern Indians- most of the bikes also being the biggest models Indian makes- Roadmaster Deluxe (or is it Elite?). We hurried up and got ahead of them but we had a minute or three, they took our photo and we took theirs- before we bolted. I've sort of had a bit of a dream (OK call it what it is- an ILLUSION) of doing some touring on one of them big @$$ bikes, so I was all eyes-on, and did take just a second to speak with one of the guys about his bike- he was forthcoming with a glowing report, but we weren't sticking around to chat.

I guess there's a whole "6 gap ride" thing? Guess I need to pay more attention and do something else other than eat, drink beer, take photos, talk shyte, and ride! Maybe if Id a shut up for a minute I'd a got onto that before just ahead of our departure! I guess we probably rode at LEAST 4 or 5 of the 6 gaps. anyway but hey- a "quest" is always fun!

Greg's smoked pork was great and we had a couple different bar-b que sauces to choose from, too. Mike Baker brought in some fresh jalapena peppers from his garden, and there was pickles and onions. It'd be totally accurate to say I was in "hog heaven". All these years, I've talked to Georgia Craker, and seen his posts and whatnot on the site, but never had met in person so your coming down was highlight for me! REALLY nice to hang out with you all weekend and I LOVE love love that bike of yours!

The color pic has a bit of a green-iso tint to it because of Bill's green tarp, so I edited this pic to black and white also

Greg & Mike G chillin:

BTW Richard, just a note to say how much I've always enjoyed your photography, brother. Your slide show this weekend was fantastic, what great memories! Don't sell yourself short, man- your photography remains one of THE stand-outs, far as I'm concerned- you're there with a camera at every gathering I've ever been to, I do believe- your photos alone are memorable enough that I have come back to them again & again over the years. I don't get a chance shoot with too many people these days and our photo outing was SO much fun for me. Your explanation of how a polarzing filter works was the first time one of them has ever made sense to me, so thanks for that little real-world demonstration!

Speaking of shooting photos.... I did shoot 2 & 1/2 rolls of film, in 2 different cameras. I'll see the 2 full rolls in asap for developing, so in a while, after the glow has subsided a bit, I'll have some film shots to share. Later still, once I shoot the rest of roll, 3- I'll have a few more! One of the cameras is a 35mm Praktica LTL- made in East Germany. The camera has its own story and I'll tell it soon as I get that roll developed- probably in its own thread over in the R&T.. I'm not going give too much away right now but will say the camera was gift from a (Britbike dot com) guy I never met- and if he's reading this, THANKS AGAIN!) his father bought the thing thru black market connections in Poland at the height of the Soviet Era!
Oh and the icing on the cake- the Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50mm lens is a critically acclaimed vintage lens of some renown!

OK just some random thoughts, that's all I got for now. Couple final pics to close.

I love a guy who never loses sight of his priorities- note one hand clamped firmly around a beer whilst working on Wade's carbs!
Good on yer, Bill! beerchug

and who doesn't love leopard print ANYTHING? Big props going out to Mike Baker for this! clap

Last edited by ricochetrider; 08/28/20 5:41 pm.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

1 member likes this: Gordon Gray
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Gordon Gray #821469 08/28/20 10:55 am
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Saturday... started off on a sad note. Our friends from New Hampshire needed to head out because of the two day drive ahead of them. Those two guys ( Mike and Bob) are two of my favorite people. You don’t have to hang around them for very long to see why.

My initial plan was to boil peanuts. The harvest has started in Georgia but in South Georgia.... we were North. I looked for a local source with no luck so I gave up looking. My back up plan was a “ boil” with fresh corn, potatoes and sausage. But with the other group meals being offered I gave up on that idea too. Robert had a change of plans (thank goodness) and was going to be coming up from South Carolina and they have the “ right” kind of peanuts. He offered to bring some but by that time I had moved on to plan C or D. I can eat just about anything...really but when it comes to boiled peanuts and shrimp......I’m a little bitch about both. I can tell you if a shrimp has been out of the water for more than a couple of days. Picky is an understatement.

So......our friends leave. Bob had already cooked two group meals...and tonight was my turn to feed the group. Thank goodness Robert was there to take over cooking duties. I’m no cook......Saturday morning I made grits.....that’s all I’m going say about that.

to be continued......

PS: Hats off to Tom for pushing me to fix the leak between the two 20x20 canopies. We came up with a fix but had a hard time implementing it. Tom wouldn’t rest until it was done......he gets an ata boy for that

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/28/20 12:35 pm.
Gordon Gray #821470 08/28/20 11:10 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Those grits were tasty ... I had two helpings wink

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
wadeschields #821478 08/28/20 12:45 pm
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Originally Posted by wadeschields
Those grits were tasty ... I had two helpings wink

Well you're just being kind (no surprise there) and I thank you for it. Grits are an interesting food........Marlin gave us the "rest of the story" about how they are made. thumbsup Grits tend to pick up the flavor of what's added to them. I don't know anybody (myself included) that eats them plain.....ya gota add something to them. Sugar, butter, syrup, honey are just a few things I've seen used ( not all at the same time).........I like cheese in them.....extra sharp cheddar. The camp dog who shows up around dark, preferred them with left over hamburger. laughing Didn't I say I wouldn't say any more about them?

to be continued................

Gordon Gray #821486 08/28/20 2:17 pm
Life member
Life member
Hey...was a great time. Well, 90% of it was. I asked people not to post pics of me with ice on my booboos but that doesn't mean don't talk about me. It ain't a secret after all...
Just sayin

69 A65T
71 B50T
85 K100RS
54/59 A10SR
69 B44VS
71 A65FS
95 Trident
Too much moderation is bad for you.

2 members like this: Gordon Gray, ricochetrider
No Name Man #821495 08/28/20 3:10 pm
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Originally Posted by No Name Man
Hey...was a great time. Well, 90% of it was. I asked people not to post pics of me with ice on my booboos but that doesn't mean don't talk about me. It ain't a secret after all...
Just sayin

Hey.......be careful what you ask for my friend. wink

I have a pretty good pic of "after" med treatment......looks pretty benign to me. BUT....me and PB are trying to work out a photo Hosting problem. Given I had the wrong first aid kit with me......I was covered for impalement, severed limb and or sucking chest wounds.......but some dope ( me ) pulled out the alcohol swabs and 4" bandages......ugh. It ended up okay.....and I hope you did too?

to be continued

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/28/20 3:11 pm.
Gordon Gray #821497 08/28/20 3:21 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
A good sucking chest wound sure makes you glad to be alive if you survive it...

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
No Name Man #821509 08/28/20 5:24 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Just sayin

What did I miss???

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

MikeG #821512 08/28/20 5:52 pm
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by MikeG
Just sayin

What did I miss???

LOL, WELL....

Bill had a minor get-off. I'm still unsure of the exact details even after hearing two versions of it so far- Bill's and somebody else's (not sure who, 3rd hand from Wade). There was one other "small mishap" but that person, to his credit, stayed on his wheels, kept the shiny side up- and rode it out.

I'l let HIM tell it IF he wants to, BUT it's fair to say that I wasn't far behind and had a pretty good look at the whole thing.

MikeG #821513 08/28/20 5:53 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by MikeG
Just sayin

What did I miss???

You had to been there!!!!

Rich (last remaining member ThreeMustGetBeers)
"It's not always about going fast. Sometimes it's nice to slow down" (Wendy E.2016)

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
couple of beesas a ducati
and a Honda?
Gordon Gray #821521 08/28/20 6:46 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Well, the electronic shields on the GW were set to stun, medium distance. No Name wandered into range, and defensive systems engaged. I heard it, and spotted turn signal debris flying by me.

Man, was No Name hot! Madderna wet cat! Little scraped up, thankfully speeds were low.

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Gordon Gray #821549 08/28/20 10:21 pm
Life member
Life member
Still mad

69 A65T
71 B50T
85 K100RS
54/59 A10SR
69 B44VS
71 A65FS
95 Trident

Gordon Gray #821550 08/28/20 10:22 pm
Life member
Life member
At least I avoided damaging that pretty Wing

69 A65T
71 B50T
85 K100RS
54/59 A10SR
69 B44VS
71 A65FS
95 Trident

Gordon Gray #821551 08/28/20 10:26 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I remember the last time I dropped a bike on pavement like it was just 1982.

I am rather proficient at dropping it off road though!
Imagine being at a National Enduro, pinned under the bike while it and you are upside down, gas dripping on you from the tank cap vent...
And someone comes to help you.
Out of the 500+ riders, it is a rather loud mouthed fellow club member!
Yeah, I paid for that one!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Gordon Gray #821557 08/28/20 10:52 pm
H
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
H
Gordon, the grits were so good, I made a big pot as soon as I got home.

I still think they're really good with an over easy egg or two, and a dash of hot sauce on top of the cheese!

Or pepperjack cheese, some red eye gravy, and a thick ham slice with lima beans.

Dang, I'm making myself hungry!

Of course, I have another 18 years to go before Greg will let me forget I'm yankee born, but Southern by choice, so what do I know?

Hugh: Proof the Dodo is not extinct
1974 Daytona project
A couple others
Gordon Gray #821558 08/28/20 11:05 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I'm starting t o burn the photos to a disc. While a few people mentioned they would like a copy, Only one has sent me an address so far.

Here's a thought that's been bouncing around in my head. Six days of riding around that area. only one car crossed the center line on me and the bicyclists were all courteous and made an effort not to impede traffic. that's the exact opposite of the the tsmr area.

"It's not always about going fast. Sometimes it's nice to slow down" (Wendy E.2016)

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
and a Honda?
Gordon Gray #821571 08/29/20 12:58 am
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
This is just a test.

https://Hosting.photobucket.com/images/f306/dad1150/Morgan.jpg[/IMG]

[img]https://Hosting.photobucket.co...920&height=1080&fit=bounds[/img]

[img]https://Hosting.photobucket.co...920&height=1080&fit=bounds[/img]

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/29/20 12:38 pm.
Gordon Gray #821578 08/29/20 1:23 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
You forgot to insert "[img]" at the beginning...

The link works, it's a photo under the tent

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Gordon Gray #821586 08/29/20 2:06 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Our new Hampshire boys and gumby are featured on advrider, jomama, killboy thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
and a Honda?
Gordon Gray #821594 08/29/20 4:15 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
Grits tend to pick up the flavor of what's added to them.
You got that right, grits really have no flavor by themselves. I grew up in the South and I still don't see the attraction. Maybe they're like boiled peanuts, something you eat when there's nothing else left by the Yankees?

Stepping on others doesn't make you stand tall.

71 A65L "Zelda"
92 BMW K100rs "Gustav"
72 T120V cafe project "Mr. Jim"
72 T150V "Wotan"
Gordon Gray #821622 08/29/20 11:46 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
[Linked Image from photobucket.com]

Hmmm, played with the link...weird?

Last edited by Ob1quixote; 08/29/20 11:47 am.

GrandPaul #821625 08/29/20 12:45 pm
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
Originally Posted by GrandPaul
You forgot to insert "[img]" at the beginning...

The link works, it's a photo under the tent

You have always been able to click on the first part of the link and see the photo......I've tried everything I can think of.....changed browsers, tried all the link options......still no joy. It's gota be something simple....but adding IMG didn't work for me. The links are copied off their site so I'm not physically inputting it.

A bit frustrating but no big deal......GG

Gordon Gray #821629 08/29/20 2:05 pm
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
[Linked Image from <a href='https://interserver.net/r/183587'>Hosting</a>.photobucket.com]
[/img]

Gordon Gray #821635 08/29/20 2:42 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
you have to be logged in to get to jo moma then go back a few pages to find them
https://advrider.com/f/threads/killboy-failure-dragon-fest.454662/page-4001

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
and a Honda?
Gordon Gray #821639 08/29/20 3:11 pm
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
I pulled pix of the guys at The Dragon off the 129Slayer site (lo rez proofs only)

Semper Gumby

MikeG

Bob aka Howard Inough

Last edited by ricochetrider; 08/29/20 3:14 pm.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership