Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Richard Phillips
Richard Phillips
San Luis Obispo, CA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#810135 05/24/20 5:32 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Still clocking up the miles on the Enfield, and it's STILL not got a name YET... shocked

But the more I ride it, the more I think it's like the FORTY INCHER, apart from the sound, smell and the lack of any oil moisture that is.... wink

I dragged out the No Name bike, thumbed the kickstart button and off to fill the tank with CHEAP, yes indeed it is now, cheap petrol. Its under a quidbob around these here parts, admittedly that's for one of them Napoleonic Litre things. But cheaper than they usually charge... grin

Then it was down to hook up with Baza, and there he was sat on his newly fettled A10, all shiny it was sat in the morning Sunshine. Then we were off, going to hook up with Bruvver Tony also on an Interceptor, in fact the very one that hooked me on the mark....

Along the road we went, all happy and full of the joys of motorcycling, when we came across ROAD CLOSED, bugger...! But Baza is dyslexic to these signs and carried on, until the bloke in the Hi-Viz stopped him, I thought here we go, we'll have to turn around. BUT NO, we simply rode over the grass verge for a while, seems there was a house on fire along this road, and the firemen didn't want anyone driving over their hose pipe. BUT That very pipe was now blocking our way, so Baza had the idea of lifting the bikes over it. At that very moment a fireman came over and.....Gave us a helping hand...!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I was laughing me head off, every time I ride out with Baza something like this happens, but we're usually in Belgium, soon we were at the next meeting point where we hooked up with Bruvver Tony....

And I had a closer inspection of the A10 with most of it's parts coming from India, I think it looks fantastic....

There then followed a fantastic ride of well over 100 miles, down beautiful country lanes, we went into Surrey at one point, sorry no photos of the ride, I have no excuse. Just enjoying it all and plain forgot about the camera...!

Came to a village on our return called Harbinger Hammer, or some such, and as the pubs are STILL closed we sat on our coats on the grass. By a nice little stream, that was full of kids playing, and ate our lunch. And I enjoyed a tin of Polish Ale, called....Well YOU try to pronounce it...?

The bikes were under the trees cooling off...

And across the road was this house....

And on the very corner of that house was this here Clock, on the hour every hour that little man hits the bell....

All too soon it was time to leave, so loaded up our bags...

Started up and hit the roads, and bugger me backwards, if another two of the suckers were closed...! Seems the local councils are making the most of the lack of traffic that's been around lately, let us hope and pray that they're fixing the bloody pot holes. If they do NASA will have to test their moon buggies else where methinks.... wink

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
you could call it The Punjab Prince

1972 Triumph T120
1968 BSA A65
1968 MGB Roadster
1979 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
1969 Honda Mini Trail
1939 farmall f30 tractor
2004 Honda Shadow Aero

1975 yamaha xs650b
1972 Norton commando
2 olive drab WWII military bicycle replicas
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
ABINGER Hammer.

Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
I'd suggest "The Bengali Bimbler" or "Madras Moocher", since bimbling and having a mooch about is what it will be doing, and Bengal and Madras is where they're made ....

Or "Tanakpur Tourer" for when "we're not lost, we're TOURING!"

Lannis

"Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?" "This, sir? 'Tis a mark of the house-elf’s enslavement, sir."
Kent Shaun #810181 05/24/20 10:02 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
That ale is pronounced Zhiv(w)its or Zyweeks as we have come to call it. Got a good friend from Poland that took us there a few years back and enjoyed more than a few of them. Okocim, pronounced Okotchim...Polish for "catch that guy" is another good brand

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Kent Shaun #810184 05/24/20 10:14 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Thanks for taking us along Shaun. Looks like you had a great day. How comfortable have you found the Interceptor on a 100 mile jaunt? The seat doesn’t look like there is enough foam to stay in the saddle for long. I took the new Interceptor out on a test run but only for a 20 minute ride. Loved the bike but couldn’t tell how it would fair on a long run.
I call my 750 1965 Interceptor Loki, the trickster. He is the Norse god of mischief and mayhem!
You are welcome use the name but I doubt your new 650 Interceptor is likely to hold to the role like my 55 year old lump.
Cheers
Don

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
Kent Shaun #810185 05/24/20 10:37 pm
R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Curry-sickle or mebbe Brahmputra-bike

Last edited by raf940; 05/24/20 11:37 pm.

1972 Triumph T120
1968 BSA A65
1968 MGB Roadster
1979 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
1969 Honda Mini Trail
1939 farmall f30 tractor
2004 Honda Shadow Aero

1975 yamaha xs650b
1972 Norton commando
2 olive drab WWII military bicycle replicas
Kent Shaun #810189 05/24/20 11:58 pm
TJD Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Royal Enfield? built like a gun? Gun...ga din?

Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Thanks lads, knew I'd get a few suggestions, I'm thinking *The Curry Muncher* but it'll have to come to me in a flash, like all the others, time will tell.....

Don lad, no doot aboot it eh, that seat isn't a Guzzi seat that's a four for sure good buddy, it is EXACTLY the same as sitting on the FORTY INCHER. So after 100 miles, you HAVE to get off for a little walk around, but as our tanks empty we usually fill them around 100 miles anyway. So no real problem, I want to do 1000 miles before I decide whether I fork out for one of their 'Touring' seats or not..? BUT, I've a feeling chucking a sheepskin over it and sitting on that, will cure the arse problem... wink

MikeG lad, thanks for the Polish pronunciations that'll impress the Prospect's girlfriend who gave me the Ale, she's always trying to teach me Polish, but I think I'd have to have me tongue put in upside down to get them right.... laughing

I'm HOPING to one day, ride over to Poland, it looks fantastic and I'm already loving Bigos, and a few other dishes she cooks. And as all Y'all KNOW, I do love me grub and beer... wink

Why last time I was over in the States, I actually heard someone shout....T'is more belly than beast.... laughing

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Glad you're enjoying your new ride Shaun.

As for a name I favour TJD's suggestion - Gungadin.

You may recall that for some years our Enfield was Curry Muncher until it was renamed by the late Richard Pawson as the Vindaloo Velocipede ©

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride"
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan
who does not do politics

Kent Shaun #810222 05/25/20 11:24 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Why not just call it The Indian, that should confuse a few folks.

"Live the life you love, find a god you trust and don't take it all too seriously"

Pre-units rule!

Mid fifties Triumph T100
Kent Shaun #810223 05/25/20 11:38 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Cultural appropriation.

1970 T120R - 'Anton'
1970 Commando - 'Bruno'
1967 T120R - 'Caesar'
1968 Lightning - 'Dora'
Kent Shaun #810224 05/25/20 12:09 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Renee.
Shapely.
Nice pair of jugs.
Built for speed with some allowances for comfort.

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
BeezaBryan #810226 05/25/20 12:38 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
[spoiler][/spoiler]Bryan lad, well that's it then, in your honour and to sort of remember Richard, the name of the Enfield is forever more.....Drum roll please...

THE CURRY MUNCHER... grin

I loved me Indian curry, and this thing munches miles, oh and for them that worry, I have or had they're dead now. An uncle and aunt that were born in India, due to my Grandad and Grandmother being stationed out there in the War..... wink

So that's final... beerchug

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor