BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Joolstacho
Joolstacho
Australia
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M100 Special
#809784 05/21/20 10:49 am
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
This section of the forum apears to be in need of some activity, so here's a couple of photos of my M100 Special.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Frame - '63 front section, custom rigid rear.
Engine - '53 600, added cranckase vacuum system.
Forks - custom girders.
Tank - early P&M, custom spun brass speedo housing.
Brakes - honda(?) drum rear, suzuki(?) disc front, operted by remote hydraulic master cylinder.
Electrics - custom electric start system, with automated decompressor. custom LED bar end indicators, custom switchgear
Controls - custom levers and throttle twist grip with all cables and wires run inside bars.

All the 'custom' parts were made in my own workshop. The bike has been on the road for 8 years. After some teething troubles with the starter drive, it now performs faultlessly. I managed to heat sieze the engine on the way back from a show last year (hot day and pushing it to 70mph!).
A couple of years ago, I replaced the front disc brake hub with a TLS drum, which is more in keeping with the rest of the bike.
The crankcase vacuum system consists of a reed valve and a large-ish breather directly into the primary case. It creates a partial vacuum in the cases, so anywhere that oil would like to leak out, it sucks air in instead.

Last edited by Pete Twissell; 05/21/20 12:20 pm. Reason: fixed image urls

Still not dead
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: M100 Special
Pete Twissell #809787 05/21/20 11:07 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member

Pete Twissell #809788 05/21/20 11:24 am
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Thanks Quinten. I don't know why the photos don't show up - they appeared ok on another post.

Still not dead
Pete Twissell #809796 05/21/20 12:12 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
The link you used does not end in .jpg, postimage gives quite a few link options, just ensure you pick any of the ones ending .jpg or the forum software does not recognise it.

Pete Twissell #809797 05/21/20 12:21 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Fixed - Thanks Kommando

Still not dead

Moderated by  kommando 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership