BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Gary E
Gary E
Medford, Oregon
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Kick lever loose
Nick H #808585 05/11/20 5:13 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
ive found over the years that every now and again I had to nip the nut up , itd be ok for a bit then id nip it up again.
got some cotter pins from burton bike bits recently and noticed they tighten up lovely without feeling wooly , if you know what I mean , I presume the profile is good.
they do seem to last a good while.

1969 BSA A65 Lightning
1994 moto guzzi California
Triumph sprint GT
1971 BSA B50 Victor special
1968 BSA B44 SS
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Kick lever loose
Nick H #809598 05/20/20 1:22 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Thanks, JonnyD, I used your solution and it looks as if it will be fine. The taper of the flat is very shallow, and seems to be about 1/16" over a length of 1 1/4", and as you say, don't continue the taper into the threaded section, just file off enough off the thread to allow clearance for the pin to slide into its hole, thereby retaining as much thread as possible. So that's that out of the way, now (rubbing hands together) for the rest of the things that need doing.

Last edited by sammysnail; 05/20/20 1:44 pm.

1954 Norton Dominator 88 cafe - Yamaha wheels ( project)
1969 Triumph Bonneville
Currently 6 other non-Brit machines,
including Honda Z50 cafe racer ("SammySnail").
Past history includes 11 Brit and 13 non-Brit machines.
Some impressive and some just silly.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership