BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Joolstacho
Joolstacho
Australia
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
350 Westerner
#807145 04/29/20 2:33 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Restorer Mark Mumford in England is eyeing a 1959 Westerner 350 to restore. A rare model, frame and engine only at this point. Mark has done many resto's including a Works Replica Trials with numbers close to this new project. His parts stash has most of the parts to complete, but Mark needs a rear hub/sprocket. It is single sided, unknown whether it is early QD type or not. Mark is looking for any info on this model, and for a rear hub. Can anyone help?

Mark reads this forum, but is unable to post here, so I am forwarding this for him. Mark has a serious number of resto's to his credit, and an extensive collection of parts, so trades or part-exchange are possible. Contact him directly at [email protected]

It seems to me there was a 350 Westerner for sale in San Diego last year. Does anyone know what happened with that project?

Chris

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: 350 Westerner
Chris Overton #807240 04/30/20 5:43 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Graham appears to have authenticated that one at some point
1 of 25 it sez there.

http://suprememotos.com/royal_enfie...-royal-enfield-english-made-1-of-25.html

Chris Overton #807552 05/02/20 2:48 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I checked out the bike in San Diego I guess it was a couple years ago, and it was in really sorry shape. The frame had been cut up and modified and the rest was missing bits and in very poor condition.
The guy wanted way to much money for it, probably to supply his drinking habit.
He did have an interesting collection though including a 64 S1 Interceptor, But I can only imagine what he wanted for that.
Tom Oil

Chris Overton #807555 05/02/20 3:02 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Late summer of 2018. There were some other interesting bikes in his photos, and it would have been fun to browse thru his collection. There was speculation that one of the bikes was a "real Indian", one of the failed models that sank Indian of Springfield Mass..
Did you get the serial numbers from the S1? I'll buy the 6-pack, if that is the price of admission to the collection for photos and descriptions.
Chris O.

Moderated by  royaloilfield 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership