BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Member Spotlight
east end rider
east end rider
long Island NY
New BritBike book out!
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#805921 04/19/20 9:08 am
S
Novice poster
OP Offline
Novice poster
S
First off thanks for membership.

Now the first question:

Hello there,

I am Looking at a project which would involve tilting Triumph pre-unit engine in frame.

I am aware of the fact that the sump oil pick up pipe may have to be extended, and that also I do not eat excess rocker oil pouring down valve guides.

So really I am hoping for someone who has a triton or similar that has ran with a tilted motor to give me an idea of degree of rotation I can get away wit on a bike that I want to be a daily ride used on twisty roads NOT straight line drag bike.

Any photo's really appreciated

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I don't know how it will effect a Triumph, and my experience is with only a minor tilt with a BSA unit A65. Not enough to really effect anything except the lower rear chain run where some unimportant case casting has been removed because of the angle. Plus making sure the oil level in the case is sufficient for the primary to run through it. If you tilt it right over it may effect something, though the BSA has oil delivery to both rocker shafts and it probably mists and flicks around and may still be fine.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

mark

Moderated by  Allan G 

Link Copied to Clipboard
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books