BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Geoff
Geoff
Westfield, Indiana, USA
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Re: The virus
GrandPaul #802866 03/26/20 1:51 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Don't worry about NYC people,they don't have cars, lol, it'll soon be people from the large Texas cities flooding the rural areas...

79 T140D, 96 900M Ducati ....On a bike you can out run the demons..
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
GrandPaul #802867 03/26/20 2:09 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Glad our government is FINALLY giving we, the taxPAYERS, back a TINY FRACTION of the scads of cash they've been stealing from us to give to people in ivory towers and far off lands.[/quote]

You do realize that any payment you get will be from borrowed money? Fed has been running record deficits for a good economy. Govenrment funds its deficits by borrowing money from you me and anyone else willing to lend them money.

Now they want to borrow more money from us to give us money whch we will have to pay in taxes eventually to pay back the borrowed money.

Feel better now?

MikeG #802870 03/26/20 2:23 pm
AML Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
According to 2017 fiscal year figures (the most recent I could find), Texas, for example, receives $36.2 billion more from the federal government than its’ citizens pay in Federal taxes. Only 11 states pay more than they receive back.

MikeG #802875 03/26/20 2:44 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Adversity does not build character, it reveals it.

1970 T120R
1970 Commando
MikeG #802876 03/26/20 2:49 pm
Private sponsor
Private sponsor
Please let's not descend into Gubmint bashing or politics chaps.

Thanks.

Good judgment comes from experience, but the most memorable experiences tend to come from bad judgment!

http://www.panther-publishing.co.uk/default.asp?contentID=18

MikeG #802878 03/26/20 3:10 pm
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride"
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan
who does not do politics

1 member likes this: Dave M
Graham Ham #802884 03/26/20 4:02 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Graham Ham
Please let's not descend into Gubmint bashing or politics chaps.

Thanks.

Not bashing- attempting to illustrate the absurdity of it all.

Good to hear a voice from the past. Hope you are well.

Last edited by Zimm; 03/26/20 4:02 pm.
MikeG #802889 03/26/20 4:42 pm
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
FYI folks

I am very close to erase this topic.

One of the most important rules are if you cannot post anything positive about a person, company or whatever then don't post.
One can of course post thoughts as long as the post is respectful written.

Below registration rules are something everyone has to comply to, if you cannot comply then this is not the forum for you.

Britbike Forum is a website for Vintage British Motorcycle Enthusiasts.
We are a community of people who own or have owned or work on or simply are enthusiastic about British motorcycles. If you have any interest learning or teaching about British motorcycles, this is the place for you.

BritBike forum was founded with the idea that a lightly moderated site would allow its members to enjoy talking intelligent discussions without the free-for-all anarchy of an un-moderated site. On BritBike forum all active members have a voice; however, within most community forums there are rules which create a foundation for acceptable behavior. Failure to adhere to these limitations can result in a loss of posting privileges.

Registration to our forum is free. We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

Considering the real-time nature of the discussion forums, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. All messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of BritBike forum or any entity associated with BritBike forum. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify us immediately.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, disrespectful or otherwise violative of any laws. You agree that the administrative staff of BritBike forum reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread, private message, forum, social group, or any other aspect of the site for any reason we see fit. You agree that the administrative staff has the right disable, ban, delete, or modify user accounts for any reason.

Last edited by Morgan aka Admin; 03/26/20 4:44 pm.

BSAing you
Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
MikeG #802918 03/26/20 7:08 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Headed your way GrandPaul shocked I wish .... Would love to be able to take advantage of the cheap flights right now and visit my friends in Dallas but noooo.... As soon as we feel comfortable with being able to still work from PA .... (Gerry Teaching online) (My work has probably dried up already until this is over. )
we will load up all of our food , computers , everything else we think will keep us occupied and working... Although I have enough to do there to keep me busy for years.
But who knows how long we will be there.... It will be easier and more pleasant to quarantine there as I wont be near a single soul walking from house to Barn or riding dirt bikes around the yard... While I am concern about the news I am hearing from PA that the numbers are rising rapidly and the hospitals are projecting being over run very quickly.... We might be better off staying put here in the city if we get sick but Id think we would be less likely to get sick if we #stayin there..... Here just being in the elevator or taking the garbage out will be taking a chance if it gets closer to our neighborhood.... I want to go and play if I cant work... I can only watch so much TV is I am stuck in the apartment.... Which is all ill have to do once I finish this job tomorrow.

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
MikeG #802927 03/26/20 8:13 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
I am just hoping my liver can survive this virus laughing

All jokes aside, sold my enclosed trailer today, which means I HAVE to finish the larger one, weather is awesome, I have an order in for pick up for dinner, and since the weather is awesome, gonna ride the bike!

Other than moronic co-workers giving people contradictory advise, this isn't so bad working from home.

Never underestimate the human ability to elevate stupid to a whole new level!.
Rich B #802930 03/26/20 8:23 pm
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Rich B
All jokes aside, sold my enclosed trailer today, which means I HAVE to finish the larger one....

I'll go along with that ... we NEED our Hillbilly Convention Center and BSA Bike Hauler!

"Working from Home" has a whole new meaning since I'm retired ... My son still goes into the factory every day with 2500 other people, some things just can't be shut down .... my younger son works outdoors, just stands back when he talks with customers on a site.

Lannis

Do dogs see police dogs and think "Oh no it's the cops!"?
Lannis #802933 03/26/20 8:40 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Well, working from home is interesting. Sometimes, the cats are somewhat annoyed that I am here all the time. Other times, they seem quite happy to have me here....Have not quite figured out that contradiction.

Morgan, you will be pleased to know Oscar quite enjoys having me here all the time.

I don't have to listen to co-workers talk about stuff I have no interest in ever. But I do miss talking to a few of them. But we are talking some via phone, text, email, so that helps. One good thing is, we can be a lot ruder now, than at work....

I have become chief cook and bottle washer. So far, my wife enjoys my creations. The Guinness stew last week was a big hit.

I have spent a week dealing with a technician who is giving me contradictory and incorrect info. When he didn't like my reply yesterday, he found someone else to talk to, who contradicted EVERYTHING I had told the technician yesterday.

There is a history here...the co-worker had gone out of his way to throw me under the bus with this specific dealer and customer a couple of months ago. The email reply's were far from pretty. Neither the co-worker or my boss have replied or contacted me. The sales guy and trainee that were involved were surprised the email reply made it through the corporate email Nazi's. It wasn't pretty. My temper still functions.

The reply to the technician was pretty direct. His response was pretty muted.

About time for practice "social distancing". Wear a mask (helmet), gloves, and protect my body (coat) while I make an essential trip!

thumbsup

Rich B #803082 03/27/20 9:17 pm
DOPE
DOPE
Well, working from home is interesting. Sometimes, the cats are somewhat annoyed that I am here all the time. Other times, they seem quite happy to have me here....Have not quite figured out that contradiction.

in my house the bored cats just go into the linen closet and spawn

three more today

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

every day you do not take a chance is a day of your life that you will never get back.
MikeG #803085 03/27/20 9:29 pm
BritBike Forum member
Online Confused
BritBike Forum member
British Prime Minister and health minister both diagnosed with covid-19; British Chief Medical Officer is reportedly exhibiting symptoms of the disease.

This is the second British health minister that has been diagnosed with covid-19 this month

Dibnah #803090 03/27/20 10:46 pm
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Dibnah
This is the second British health minister that has been diagnosed with covid-19 this month
To paraphrase Oscar Wilde:
To lose one health minister may be regarded as a misfortune, to lose two looks like carelessness.

MikeG #803091 03/27/20 10:50 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Texas' governor is addressing travelers from hotspots, probably too late.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
kevin #803102 03/27/20 11:38 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by kevin

three more today

They have this thing called neutering, lol

79 T140D, 96 900M Ducati ....On a bike you can out run the demons..
kevin #803104 03/27/20 11:52 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by kevin

three more today

Man, I love cats !! Amazing how they know right where to go when they are hungry !

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

Jon W. Whitley #803108 03/27/20 11:57 pm
BritBike Forum member
Online Happy
BritBike Forum member
our cat need someone around to ignore , or she gets lonely .

MikeG #803109 03/28/20 12:11 am
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
I quite like cats, they taste like rabbit if cooked properly.

1 member likes this: GrandPaul
NickL #803133 03/28/20 5:58 am
BritBike Forum member
Online Happy
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by NickL
I quite like cats, they taste like rabbit if cooked properly.
, peoples taste in pets varies .

1 member likes this: GrandPaul
Shane in Oz #803144 03/28/20 11:51 am
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Shane in Oz
Originally Posted by Dibnah
To paraphrase Oscar Wilde:
To lose one health minister may be regarded as a misfortune, to lose two looks like carelessness.

Good one. But I suspect that the equivalence of "test positive" and "lose" is a subconscious fear (and fallacy) shared by too many....!

Lannis

Do dogs see police dogs and think "Oh no it's the cops!"?
MikeG #803148 03/28/20 12:43 pm
BritBike Forum member
Online Confused
BritBike Forum member
A photo of the British PM, health minister and Chief Medical Officer, all working closely together

[Linked Image from telegraph.co.uk]

I prefer looking at photos of Nadine Dorries, another health minister who was infected by coronavirus

MikeG #803525 03/31/20 12:50 pm
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Now the proper experts are in Charge at No10

For those outside the UK there is always a cat kept at No10 for rodent duties.

1 member likes this: wadeschields
MikeG #803538 03/31/20 3:21 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Yep!

2 members like this: wadeschields, kommando
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership