BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Joolstacho
Joolstacho
Australia
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
1956 TB rear fender
#802881 03/26/20 3:41 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Forwarding a question from Mark Mumford who is unable to post here. (Tried to include his photo but it did not copy.)
How is the rear mudguard attached on the 1956 Trailblazer? I don't think it's the U type subframe that we are accustomed to in later models but something made of individual components? I have what I think is the correct rear guard but the fixing holes don't line up with the usual subframe mountings. I know it's an Indian piece because it's pretty unmolested and has the Indian type rear light mount.

Thanks,
REgards, Mark

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: 1956 TB rear fender
Chris Overton #803247 03/29/20 10:08 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Mark, factory advertising picture on Hitchcocks gives you some idea. It is just a marketing sketch but looking at that and if you google Trailblazer Royal Enfield you will some bikes with similar setup.
Never seen anything like it, looks like separate support rails each side with crossover loops to support the seat/mudguard. Can’t see how front of seat is fixed.
Richard

Chris Overton #803352 03/29/20 11:24 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
One should know that Royal Enfield "Indians" were designed by the USA "Indian" sales staff distributors to what THEY thought would sell here.

Some of these were downright UGLY corruptions of Enfield's styling: tin "Indian" heads on the front fender, oversized Stuart-Warner speedometers on on the fork crown, 16-inch wheels on the "Chief," etc.,

Some magazine ads show photos of the "Indian" Distributor sales and management staff None appear to be under 50 years old, some look like they hadn't ridden a bike in years - if EVER..

I commend anyone attempting to restore these bikes as parts of America's motorcycle history, but I won't be one of them.

Chris Overton #803862 04/03/20 4:58 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I SYMPATHIZE with anyone attempting to restore one of these bikes. The parts can be neigh unto impossible to find and nobody reproduces the stuff in any quantity or with any regularity. There just wasn't enough of them built to justify it.

Last edited by oilyamerican; 04/03/20 5:14 pm.

Will work for Guinness smile

Moderated by  royaloilfield 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership